It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay Out Of HELL.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

It's the word of man disguised as the word of god. Until you realize that, you are lost.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I base those opinions on what I have read myself and what is actually written. The idea of salvation wasn't even part of Christianity until Paul wrote those letters to the church. Research that fact yourself, Paul invented that idea, not god or Jesus.

Do you believe it is an undeniable fact that Jesus really came to Paul in a vision? Funny how he converted then started making up his own ideas about what he thought Jesus meant when he never even met him, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The idea of salvation wasn't even part of Christianity until Paul wrote those letters to the church.

That is really a bizarre statement to make, that the concept of salvation did not exist until Paul wrote about it.
What do you think the Old Testament is about, or the mystery religions of Egypt and Greece?
Religion itself exists for that purpose and is as old as man. Even religions based on reincarnation hope for salvation from that cycle of life and death

Do you believe it is an undeniable fact that Jesus really came to Paul in a vision? Funny how he converted then started making up his own ideas about what he thought Jesus meant when he never even met him, don't you think? .
No. That is an explanation from Acts written a hundred years after the fact and is not a history in the modern sense and is more like a parable to bring out certain concepts believed at the time of the writing, with a lot of added stuff from who knows who, who actually wrote the thing, who is believed by most new testament biblical scholars to be a novelist rather than a historian.
Paul, if you read what he wrote, went to Jesus, in heaven, and learned from the risen Christ about spiritual matters impossible to learn in an earthly environment. He did not "make things up" but clarified what was up til then a bit diffuse and what people were not sure what to make of.
Once that was established with some surety, then later writers could compile their own Gospels to make a story with these concepts coming out of Jesus' mouth. For example NT scholars do not believe Jesus ever said anything attributed to him in the Gospel of John.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Your just trying to ''save'' your own ass by thinking your doing the right thing by trying to spread the message of Yeshua which is obviously not the right way because do you really think people will believe that if you just put some bible quotes and not giving any facts, I could say the giant meatball in the sky has all the authority and if you don't believe that thou shall be thrown into hell for eternity.. which doesn't make sense, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Salvation through Jesus was not a part of Christianity until Paul wrote about it, research it yourself. We are talking about the NT not the OT.

So you believe that somebody who lived a hundred years after Paul knew for a fact he went to heaven and saw Jesus?
So you take hearsay as fact now?

John 3:13
No one has ever gone to heaven and returned. But the Son of Man has come down from heaven.

Is Paul the only exception to this rule? How convenient.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You got that backwards.
Anyway, I don't think you know about the NT to even carry on a conversation.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Could you elaborate on how it is backwards? If you're talking about the bible verse then I can't help what's written in the bible, it is what it is.
edit on 2-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rambo1112

Your just trying to ''save'' your own ass by thinking your doing the right thing by trying to spread the message of Yeshua which is obviously not the right way because do you really think people will believe that if you just put some bible quotes and not giving any facts, I could say the giant meatball in the sky has all the authority and if you don't believe that thou shall be thrown into hell for eternity.. which doesn't make sense, right?

No You Are Totally Wrong... TRUTH Can't Be Disproved...AND IT IS ETERNAL...

JESUS IS LORD!

The Great White Throne Judgment

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation Ch. 20

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You know what else can't be disproved? Something that doesn't exist. That's a huge convenience for your version of god.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You know what else can't be disproved? Something that doesn't exist. That's a huge convenience for your version of god.

It's Not My Version of God. IT COME'S FROM GOD / ELOHIM / CREATOR HIMSELF...

HIS HOLY WORD! EVERYONE WILL BOW NOW...OR LATER.

For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD." Romans 14:11

for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13

16“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.” John Ch. 3

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Just as the words of the Qur'an come from Allah, but I'm guessing you don't believe Allah is real, huh?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Just as the words of the Qur'an come from Allah, but I'm guessing you don't believe Allah is real, huh?

allah is satan! he has fooled many...many have fallen for his lie's...

Put The Bible To The Test...= 100% TRUE! "Rightly Divide The WORD"

www.reasons.org...

www.theomatics.com...

Many Islam Muslims coming the Jesus Christ! World-Wide

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Just as I believe your god is Satan, the one who masquerades as an angel of light. Your god is as much Satan as Allah is, but you are so far gone that you will probably deny it to your death.

You have been fooled by Satan and can't even comprehend how.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Just as I believe your god is Satan, the one who masquerades as an angel of light. Your god is as much Satan as Allah is, but you are so far gone that you will probably deny it to your death.

You have been fooled by Satan and can't even comprehend how.

No. You Deny The Holy Bible...You Deny, Your Creator! Pray....JESUS Will Have Mercy!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Jesus Saves by Tim Hughes with lyrics
(best crank up the speakers and sing along)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You should probably do what your name says and actually research the bible and all the inconsistencies in it.

You are denying yourself when you put Jesus on a pedestal.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You should probably do what your name says and actually research the bible and all the inconsistencies in it.

The hyped up Christian Religion is just a new name and design for Bigotry. All it is about is various name calling about how great they are via self aggradiazations of their allegorical tales and metaphore and how bad the truth tellers are for sticking to reality.

Given the chance they'd even attack Jesus own relatives and his very soul, as they sin against truth.

www.youtube.com...

What does a Bigot do with arrogance? ---> zealotry - fanaticism

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Rather akin to cheating, isn't it. And they know the treachery contained of their words intent on deceptions.

They sin against truth, Jesus, and his own real family's soul.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Your words are empty!

25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? 27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

The Unpardonable Sin

31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. Matthew 12

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Rather akin to cheating, isn't it. And they know the treachery contained of their words intent on deceptions.

They sin against truth, Jesus, and his own real family's soul.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Romans 14:11

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join