It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 people have 90 mins evacuate , Percy Quinn Dam expected to break

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Latest update I could find...

The lake was at about 332.7 mean sea level, as of 3 p.m. Friday, and could be dropped another three feet through normal spillway operations, Harrell said. At that point, workers will remove the plug from the intentional breach and, through a controlled flow, drop the lake level another six to eight feet, he said. “As for what that will mean for the downstream flow, there really should be little to no effect,” Harrell said. “The cut (breach) will have less discharge than what’s going through the spillway right now, so you shouldn’t see any additional effect there in Louisiana.”

And

Most of the residents within a half mile of the river evacuated Thursday, but many of them have started to return, Burgess said late Friday morning. “We would like for them to stay out at least 24 more hours,” Burgess said. He said that would give workers a chance to further reduce the water levels in the reservoir. There is still a danger that the dam will fail, he said.

It is apparent from this that:
1) People are ignorant; and,
2) Most of them will remain ignorant.

If I was running things, I would forcibly remove these people from the potential disaster area and only allow them to return when the work was done. I would gladly put up with the expression of hurt and anger on their faces while doing so, and buy them a cup of coffee on the trip back home.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Are you in Virginia? We had flooding rains all weekend. The whole area was underwater. Roads were closed and some people have been forced our of their homes which are now condemed. No hurricane, no dam break, just heavy rain over a short period of time and no where for all the water to go right away.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Right because FEMA is the bad guys ? Ummmm, I am pretty sure they are there to help. Or are you one of those FEMA Prision believers.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Its not necessary. Its not like this is something that happens all the time there. Check out the number of hurricanes that have hit LA compared to all that have hit florida. No one is saying to evacuate Florida forever. Texas, Louisana, Mississippi,Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Mass, Maine and the canadian maritimes have all had hurricanes with devastating results. I guess we should abandon the entire eastern seaboard just in case.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So..Im wondering when the Government, CIA, FBI, or military; during a drill, is gonna blow this thing...........hey kids...look over here

It is my opinion........... It's about to hit the fan! Buckle down and get ready, they are playing for keeps!
I mean for real.....They actually said someone would plan an attack on Canada..... ROTFL! Let me tell ya, that's a fight you don't want; and Via rail..... lol...ygtfkm... I have no words.... WHO USES A TRAIN?????? lol... Ahh man! Is anyone is buying any of this???? Ohh and go figure Canada just happen to pass some laws this week that allow for the violation of our rights, incarceration for 3 days for no reason??yea,,good job guys!.... Back to sleep everyone...nothing to see here..

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

So do you work for them or are you just not a reader?
????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by untouchable

not that you are wrong in your estimation of how you're sizing up the veracity of said threat, or the fact that certain folks are "playing for keeps," but:

I mean for real.....They actually said someone would plan an attack on Canada..... ROTFL! Let me tell ya, that's a fight you don't want; and Via rail..... lol...ygtfkm... I have no words.... WHO USES A TRAIN?????? lol...

I have to say to this, don't tempt anyone, please. For the train is the perfect symbol for the begining of industrialization, and this began a whole new agenda and a way to put it across, as the only means for survival....
just sayin'.......

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by untouchable

Though I've seen an active member with something similar to this screen name, (different as in another number following Karen), you are aware you are asking a response from a member now banned, who cannot respond?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join