It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 people have 90 mins evacuate , Percy Quinn Dam expected to break

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
VIDEO STREAM:

www.wwltv.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Weather channel now reporting that there is a 100 foot breach in the dam. Flood stage for the river below the dam is 15 foot. The current river level is 17.5 foot to 21 feet in some areas.. River levels are expected to rise to over 21 feet and maybe even 28-30 feet if the dam breaks.

At least that's what the weather channel lady just said.
edit on 30-8-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

Geez Louise, that is horrendous!
Praying for people in the area, that they get out in time!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Wheres Obama and FEMA?

Glad they have a Governor to take swift action and get those people out of there. Don’t want to interrupt Obamas campaign stops.

This ticks me off to no end. Its reported all over the news that its a CAT1 storm. It may have low winds but its a super slow moving storm. Dumping TONS of water in an area that is under a severe drought. Severe drought plus lots of water equel flash floods.
edit on 30-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

They were ready and waiting

President Obama declared a state of emergency in Louisiana on Monday Aug. 27, 2012

www.huffingtonpost.com... HP%2FBusiness+%28Business+on+The+Huffington+Post%29

Louisiana State Of Emergency Declared Ahead Of Isaac By Obama By MATTHEW DALY 08/27/12 10:24 PM ET AP

Obama has asked the Federal Emergency Management Agency to coordinate disaster relief efforts with state and local officials along the Gulf Coast. FEMA has placed incident-response teams at emergency operations centers in Gulf states and has moved two support teams near areas where the storm could hit. More teams also are ready to be deployed if necessary, the White House said.

FEMA has distribution centers in Atlanta and Dallas-Fort Worth area, and in coordination with the Defense Department, has pre-positioned supplies in Jacksonville, Fla. and Montgomery, Ala., closer to areas where the storm could hit.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
WWWWOWWWW..... Louisiana and Mississippi have the worst luck with what MSM describes as "small storms"!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Now there saying its a controled break
www.wwltv.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

www.wwltv.com...

LMAO i just heard a "planned breach". that outta workout well, hopefully the same engineers who designed this damn arent designing the Planned breach.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

www.wwltv.com...

That was published at 10:36am CT or 11:36am ET.

We have a more recent update that says that was misreported.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

www.wwltv.com...

LMAO i just heard a "planned breach". that outta workout well, hopefully the same engineers who designed this damn arent designing the Planned breach.

Hopefully they're the ones that took out the New Orleans levees. They're excellent!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

www.wwltv.com...

false flag?

anyone?????

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
hopefully they get everyone evacuated in time...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Because emergency response is done by the state and locals. FEMA is only there to assist the states. Obama signed state declarations ahead of the storm. He did his part.

Problem about ATS, they give the Feds too much power and then complain they have too much power.

The Feds are not allowed to come near a state until your state declares and emergency, and THEN the president signs it to release funds. You hear about it on the news but you don't pay attention to it.

YOUR governor, gets insane privelages under a state of emergency, which is why YOUR state calls all the shots during an emergency.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think the controlled break is a misquote. The live news is reporting that they are opening all the flood gates and trying to take pressure off the dam. This will also flood the area below the dam but they would be able to control the flow to some extent. The news said they are doing this now.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

www.wwltv.com...

false flag?

anyone?????

the Vid feed was just saying they evacuated all the reporters at the damn... so that means no live feed of the "planned breach" at least if they plan it they will give people a warning and know when the water will actually be moving, better than a surprise failure I guess?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If this:

happens.

Then is time to run, because you don't have time to do anything, specialy if it's rainning.

another picture

You can see a litle more of the sequence, here

this can happen in a matter of hours
edit on 30-8-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
this is not good! seriously.
edit on 30-8-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

They had to do that here last year. What happens is that the pressure on one dam builds up and starts putting too much pressure on the system upstream. Dam does what it does, holds water. Problem is that it will keep holding flooding water on up, flooding areas above it.

For the first time in over 30 years, they had to put charges on two of our dams during Irene.

They were 3 flood gate short, of opening, before having to blow it.

This video shows you how bad it was with the flooding and insane and only 32 gates open, later they ended up opening 10 more.

The wharf he is talking about is a park, completely under water.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

What exactly would be the supposed agenda of this false flag? False Flag by definition has nothing to do with natural disasters.

Link

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Well if you are in the mood for a conspiracy theory....I got one! Wouldn't it be "convenient" for this "flood" to take out the sink hole and relief operations in Bayou Courne? It would wash away the contaminants and any trace of error or neglect....pretty convenient don't ya think?

Ha!...I'm only half serious. I have been wondering how this storm and flooding would affect that sink hole though and have not seen a single report about it. Might not do a thing...but my curiosity is def up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join