Changed my mind. Romney is the right guy to vote for!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

Same reason anyone who likes Mitt Romney is/fox news told them to be. Because the t.v. said he could beat Obama. Nevermind that they Romney and Obama are nearly identical (the only exception being Romney gives the tax payers money to the rich and Obama gives it to the poor). They seriously don't know anything about Romney or his plans (or they would know that Romney and Obama are both liberals).

p.s. i know you weren't asking me, but I gave you the honest answer.
edit on 31-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

So a vote for Romney is the pill that Neo takes in the Matrix. If we take it we go down the wormhole and never go back. If you vote for Obama you stay in the dream and die a slow painful death.

You went from the two party system being a farce, to Romney's election taking us (I think you meant to say OUT of the Matrix)... wake up, Neo, wake up... they're both "Agent Smiths."

The problem with politics is this: People who want to lead you also want to rule you, want to profit from you, and don't care where you end up, so long as they get what they came for.

Robama, Oromney... it's all the same, when our "leaders" turn out to be lobbyists for their own causes.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
GOP Base voters are composed of two types of voters:
(Anyone but Obama) and (Ron Paul supporters)

Romney= (Anyone but Obama)
Ron Paul = (Anyone but Obama) + (Ron Paul supporters)

Easily you can see which candidate stands to loose the most voters within its own party and hence why Obama is going to win again. The GOP knew this as well but for them and the DNC is not about winning the election its about ensuring the RIGHT candidates are selected for the masses to pick from.

Therefore, I assume more and more GOP loyalist will continue to pop up and try to convert Ron Paul supporters to vote for the false slogan "Vote for the lesser evil"

You wan't to help and fix the problem with this country then IMO this is what has to happen.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

With all the ridiculous rhetoric coming out of the RNC, the cheating/rule changing on the fly, etc. it almost seems like they are taking the proverbial "fight club dive." I don't see any other reason why they would shoot themselves in the foot and split the party, unless this was all a "fake" to let Obama win again.

Jesse Ventura had it right and to paraphrase; "Politics is like wrestling, we make a big noise before we enter the ring, we have the fight, it doesn't matter who but somebody wins and somebody loses. At the end of the day, we both go to the bar and meet our boss for a drink."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/31.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I never ceases to amaze me how you people dont read the OP. Both parties are losers. Not a matter of whos better, they both are taking down the drain but the GOP will get us to rock bottom sooner. Thats the only thing that will affect real chang. Total demolition of the system.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I see this has devolved into a "root for your team" frenzy. You people are sheep and you deserve whats coming. You are all (except for a few posters here) drowning in a dreamworld that is soon to become your worst nightmare. Take heed. Be prepared.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'd actually be interested to see where a Romney presidency goes...

if it was terrible, it would fail and the country would then be justified in removing that system for good...

VOTE ROMNEY!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Something about your post is passive aggressive or somehow rhetorical.

Also seems nihilistic because you're willing the house of straw to come down. It may not be a house of stone or steel-reinforced concrete, but it's not a house of cards. It's the best we can do.

Have more faith in humanity bro. Vote your heart but stay sensible. Giving up and waiting for the empire to crash down will mean you're participating in whatever carnage ensues afterward.
edit on 31-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Are we better off than we were four years ago?

Absolutely.
800k jobs a month were being lost when Bush left office. The stimulus halted that slide and prevented further collapse.

Say what you will about president Obama, but the US is much better off than it was four years ago.

Why on Earth would anyone want to elect a man that is going to revert to the exact same policies which led to collapse? Why would you as a voter advocate for no financial restrictions and advocate the same policies which do nothing but widen the financial gap?
Why?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Like a squirt gun on a forest fire dude. Doesnt matter anymore. With a corrupted system it just doesnt matter who gets elected anymore. Wake up. Do your homework.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Something about your post is passive aggressive or somehow rhetorical.

Also seems nihilistic because you're willing the house of straw to come down. It may not be a house of stone or steel-reinforced concrete, but it's not a house of cards. It's the best we can do.

Have more faith in humanity bro. Vote your heart but stay sensible. Giving up and waiting for the empire to crash down will mean you're participating in whatever carnage ensues afterward.

We simply need to let people persist in the follycalled democracy. The only way they will ever understand how WE have ruined it is for it to fall apart. After that we can model a better system. Trying to turn it around at this point IMO isfutile. Simply not enough people who are truly in touch with reality. Just read some of the responses to the OP. These people are truly lost. For gods sake they treat it like a game saying my teams better than your team. Both "teams" are jacked.

Like Mark Twain said: We have the best government money can buy. Problem is, money wont be worth anything soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Are we better off than we were four years ago?

Absolutely.
800k jobs a month were being lost when Bush left office. The stimulus halted that slide and prevented further collapse.

Say what you will about president Obama, but the US is much better off than it was four years ago.

Why on Earth would anyone want to elect a man that is going to revert to the exact same policies which led to collapse? Why would you as a voter advocate for no financial restrictions and advocate the same policies which do nothing but widen the financial gap?
Why?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

U.S. better off than four years ago? Are you mad?
How about the U.S. Credit Rating being downgraded (TWICE) for the first time EVER?
Thanks OBAMA!
en.wikipedia.org...

...BTW...How much are YOU paying for gas per gallon these days?

Oh...and let's not forget that in spite of promising to cut the deficit in half after 3 years as pres., Obama put us another 5 TRILLION dollars in DEBT! If you also remember, Obama, himself, said that if he didn't keep that promise to half the federal deficit after 3 years, he claimed that it might be a one-term proposition!!!
edit on 31-8-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

if it was terrible, it would fail and the country would then be justified in removing that system for good...

VOTE ROMNEY!!!!

If? It wont fail, the system will. Romney and all the other politicians wont have a job and will retreat to fortified areas while you and I fight for food and water. Dont think it cant happen. It has before.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

No, thanks my fellow americans for falling asleep at the wheel and letting our government become a farce. Dont blame the politicians, blame the people. We elected them. We are the ones who didnt protest when they were creating the mess we are in.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You're not offering an answer. You're not fixing anything. You're attempting to destroy.

So I don't know why anyone should listen to you?

The system is changing. The world is changing. It might not be at the pace you want, but the world doesn't revolve around you either. If you want a world that does, why not start an ant farm?

I've had to learn in my 30-some years that not everyone agrees. There're lefties and righties and people in the middle and people who don't even participate because they're sick of it.

The country will change dude and without the whole system collapsing. You know that? You also know that the changes might not be what you want or at the pace you want?

You also realize that everything this country is is the collected efforts of billions of people over many generations? So you would so carelessly watch it all burn up in a giant fire?

I don't share your pessimism and jaded views. It's way too overdone.

I don't like everything about this country. I get into arguments easy. But I'd never willingly try to kill it. But you know what? This country won't die that easily anyway. Too many people believe too strongly in the founding principles of freedom and prosperity. They won't let you kill this country without a fight. They realize how much sweat and heart has been poured into it.

Go ahead and vote for Romney. It won't destroy the country. But the fact that you think it will is what bothers me. You're essentially, in your mind, murdering the United States of America.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

VOTE ROMNEY!!!!

i watched him put on a great show...
he kept saying you will make it happen, im doing all i can now.
he could help out a little for his paycheck,lol

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Points taken. Thoughtful response.

Yes I am pessimistic about things getting better but when I read the headlines and talk to people I see that they are either ignorant of whats happening and/or thinking everything is fine. They are more interested in things I see as less important that the elephant in the room.

It's not all about me. It's about us. WE are the ones who dug this hole. Problem is there are very few that are really trying to get us out. When I was young my father took me to the May Day demonstration in DC (1971). We marched. It was awesome how many people were there peacefully demonstrating. We took over the nations capital. That generation, me included, stopped the vietnam war. We forced the establisments hand and they withdrew from indochina. That was the america I remember.

Now try to do that. Number one nobody shows up. Number two the Government surrounds you with military like forced that are armed with weapons to shut you down.

People apparently are so consumed by thier lives that they wont take the time to protest. The occupy movement was a good sign but look what they did to it. Relatively little media coverage. I went to occupy DC and it was sad, after seeing what a real protest looks like. It was like a group of 2 hundred or so and they were tightly controlled (surrounded) by law enforcement.

So the point of my post, which few, other than you and a couple of others seem to have missed, is that It's going to take a severe slap in the face to get people motivated. Sadly that slap will need to be directed at things they truly care about, their money, their stomachs and their materialistic lifestyle. Like it or not that is whats coming. Not because of some huge conspiracy but by sheer logic. We have elected incompetent leaders and will pay the price. We try to control nature instead of working with the natural flow of things. We think that the basic human need is wealth which will lead us to happiness. We are truly lost.

I used to think the hundred monkey effect would kick in. The idea that people would wake up and the numbers would reach critical mass. That is happening but I dont think its happening quick enough to avert the oncoming crisis. I think positive in the sense that when we rebuild we will remember the mistakes we made before. Money wont be the driving force or key ingredient for happiness.

Please debate with me on how we arent headed for a cliff. I want to believe theres still time, I just dont see how it can be true.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I'll take the "I'm not going to participate in this political farce anymore" pill.

Romney - works for the corporations.
Ron Paul - works for the people's best interests.
Obama - change you can't believe in.

The Nazi's won, Germany lost. Welcome to Das Matrix.

Ron Paul isn't a bad person, but he has bad ideas and is incompetent. The truth is that his ideas are awful, and people believe in them because they want to believe that the world is simple. It isn't.

The truth is that social safety nets exist for a reason.

The truth is that the gold standard never worked, and it certainly won't work now. The truth is that gold has always been a fiat currency of a different color.

If weak governments lead to prosperity, the world would be covered with them. Instead, the weakest governments tend to be in the poorest countries, where the government doesn't have the power to do anything. Witness the middle east and much of Africa.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
SO, because the GOP is going to spend the next four years voting against everything Obama proposes, you're going to vote for the GOP?

WOW - seriously flawed logic here.

Maybe if the Dems had enough seats, it wouldn't matter WHAT the GOP voted against.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Leadership is about providing an example that others want to follow.

No one in the American Government - at all - has set an example that I'd like to follow.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I agree with you almost completely, but I disagree with your conclusion. The way I see is it that Democrats are like HIV, while Republicans are like full blown AIDS. They're both heading in the same direction, but at least with Democrats, that slow, painful process might actually give us a bit of time to find a cure. I'm not extremely optimistic, but I also don't think that letting Republicans completely destroy everything will really be a catalyst for significant change. I think people will just get used to living in hell, and they limits for what they'll tolerate and the bull# they'll buy into will just get higher and higher

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nanocyte

Hadnt thought of it that way. It is conceivable that with more time a cure could be found. It's a long shot. I'll sleep on it. Thanks

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join