It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone BUT Obama/Romney 2012 VOTE Gary Johnson

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is directed mostly towards the Ron Paul base. The GOP has a losing horse in this race. You know it, I know it, and most Republicans know it. Mitt Romney is simply unelectable and there are various reasons as to why. This man has absolutely no idea what it's like to have the electric or heat shut off. Ann Romney, a woman who has never worked a day in her life, doesn't understand the problems American women face on a daily basis. How could she when all she has to worry about is feeding her horses? How could Mitt Romney understand what it's like to lose his house when all he's concerned about is adding another car elevator to his mansion?

This is not an attack on rich people. There is a difference between working your hind end off to make a better future for yourself and having everything handed to you on a silver platter. I will never fault a hard working man that made it, but I will always question those who were born into privlage. What has Mitt Romney done to deserve this nomination? Honestly ask yourself that question. Did he honestly earn his wealth or did he prey on the weak using vulture-like tactics to steal his money the same way he stole this nomination? How many more do overs and time outs does Romney get when he wants to change the rules to limit his competition? Romney simply does not deserve the station he is asking for.

Let's turn our attention to Obama. How much longer will we allow the dirty tactics to continue? If you even question our Lord and savior the entire base of the Democratic Party calls you a racist... yet in the same administration the New Black Panther party can be used to threaten white voters. Can someone explain to me how this administration can openly initiate a false flag operation (to be blamed on the 2nd ammendment) in Fast and Furious and the guy behind it not only doesn't go to prison, but continues to hold power? Is this the hope and change we wanted when we voted him into office? Sandra Fluke demanding that it's a woman's right to be given condoms on the tax payer's dime? Does that really sound like America to you? Because I thought we worked in this country. I guess not when it comes to the jobless numbers and the HOPE and CHANGE of seeing more and more people using Governemnt aid. And he wants a 2nd term?

Ron Paul is gone. He was cheated, ignored and lied to. The rules were changed multiple times to limit the only candidate that actually had a chance against Obama. I am a registered Republican and, to be honest, you have to have blinders on to not see that Romney doesn't have a chance here. Have you ever seen a Romney sticker or sign? He has no support base because he wasn't nominated by we the people.

I know alot of the Ron Paul base wants to write in Paul's name and hope for the best. I know that we feel defeated here and that we're basically out of options. But the truth is we've won. Romney will not be elected without our base. That's why Paul Ryan was chosen. See but there's one thing they forgot about the liberty movement. We actually do our homework. That means, within minutes of Ryan being selected, we already knew he voted for the Patriot Act. We already knew his voting record and that he wasn't one of ours. Just like Michelle Bachman turned her back on us, where is she right now?

I ask that everyone that planned to vote Ron Paul take a good hard look at Gary Johnson. Ron Paul he is not, but I can all but gurantee he would make a better President than Obamney. We have to support the last horse in the race against these corporate puppets and while you may not agree with everything the man says, what other option do we have?

Gary Johnson

No bank bailout; no farm subsidies; no stimulus. (May 2012)
Cut federal budget by 43% to bring it into balance. (Feb 2012)
Trillion-dollar stimulus failed; so will another $450B? (Sep 2011)
We could have avoided default without raising debt ceiling. (Aug 2011)
Ending the fed OK, but that's only part of the solution. (Aug 2011)
Stop incurring more debt; balanced budget by 2013. (Jul 2011)
Our debt is greatest threat to our national security. (Jul 2011)
Opposed TARP, stimulus & Fannie Mae bailout. (Jul 2011)
End the Fed; they've devalued the dollar by printing money. (May 2011)
On verge of financial collapse unless we balance budget. (May 2011)
Balance budget by cutting entitlements AND Defense. (Apr 2011)
Uphold commitments to states before other spending. (Sep 2001)

[snip]

Laws regarding guns are ineffective. (May 2011)

Let the PATRIOT Act expire; respect habeas corpus. (Jan 2012)
Due process at Guantanamo; no torture of terrorist suspects. (Jan 2012)
Allies want more US military spending, but cut by 43%. (Nov 2011)
43% reduction in military spending; cut foreign aid too. (Sep 2011)
No physical or psychological torture of terrorist suspects. (Aug 2011)
Abolish the TSA; let Patriot Act expire. (Aug 2011)
No waterboarding under any circumstances. (May 2011)
Deal with terrorism as a joint federal-state responsibility. (Feb 2001)
Include states in anti-terrorism planning. (Sep 2001)
Study terrorist threats against nuclear waste repositories. (Aug 2001)

This is my 1st thread on ATS so please be kind

edit on 30/8/12 by masqua because: Removed illegal substance issues & added [ ex] tags for external content

(2) Alterations of a politicians name, or any other high-profile political figure, for disparaging political effect is not allowed, including within member avatars and signatures.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on 9/7/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Im still waiting for Ron Paul to say who he's endorsing...if he does.

It really doesn't matter who we vote for as long as it's not Obamney. Some states allow write-ins...some don't.

But you need to understand Ron Paul's r3VOLution and what the bigger picture is...taking control of the RepubliCAN party.

Dear Friend,

I can't tell you how touched I've been by my supporters' generosity from day one of my Presidential campaign.

Your support has made an incredible impact that will continue on well into the future. In fact, as I look back at the past year, I'm literally amazed at how far we've come.

Today, we can catch a glimpse of our future - and it's a bright one.

Due to our Liberty Movement's youth, energy, and growing numbers, establishment Republicans are recognizing their days of controlling the national GOP are coming to an end. Even now, they are being forced to recognize that our issues - like finally auditing the Federal Reserve - are not going away.

My hope is, with your continued support, it will not end until free markets, sound money, constitutional principles, respect for individual liberty, and a common-sense foreign policy are all restored in America.

For your generosity and all that you'll continue to do in the name of liberty, thank you.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

Source

See, it doesn't end here. The r3VOLution is growing. The days of the GOP being controlled by the Neo-Cons are numbered.

Gary Johnson has some great ideas and very similar to Ron Paul. But Gary Johnson is doing what Ron Paul did in 1988...leaving the GOP to run Libertarian. He will lose and come running back to the GOP after November.

Now, it's my honest opinion that Rand Paul will be our man in 2016. If it's Johnson, that's fine too. Many are still upset over Rand's endorsement of Romney.

But just remember that old Godfather cliche...Keep Your Friend's Close...But Keep Your Enemies Closer.

btw...S&F for a nice 1st thread

edit on 8/30/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

I completly understand and agree with the ultimate goal, and I have no plan to leave the Republican party anytime soon, but it just seems to me that since we do still have a horse in the race, why not vote for it? I don't think I will ever forgive Rand for his endorsement, that's just a personal choice, but I would still vote for him as long as he continues to stick by his (and his father's) word. I just think voting Johnson is better than writing in Paul. Atleast then you have a chance to not be stuck with Obamney for the next 4 years.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm with you and this guy was my pick before the campaign really started. I was under the impression that he already dropped out of the race though.
So are we still able to vote for him somehow? I'm no expert in how voting actually works.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Jesix840 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesix840
I'm with you and this guy was my pick before the campaign really started. I was under the impression that he already dropped out of the race though.
So are we still able to vote for him somehow? I'm no expert in how voting actually works.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Jesix840 because: (no reason given)

Yes he is the libertarian party candidate. I'm not sure if he will be in the debates or not, someone will have to verify that, but his name will show up to vote for. I don't think he has chosen his vp either so there's still a chance he will choose a Paul or Jesse Ventura (okay, how awesome would that be?)!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Dr. Paul needs to make a definitive statement very soon. I (and many others, probably) am at a loss as to what to do- Write in Dr. Paul, or vote for Mr. Johnson. Having things up in the air like this, with people not knowing will split the votes into write ins for Dr. Paul and votes for Mr. Johnson which will, in the end, accomplish nothing. Obama will win because no other individual pulled enough votes.

Obama will probably win either way, but with a blessing (endorsement) from Dr. Paul to vote for Mr. Johnson, at least the huge numbers who do vote for him (Johnson) will set a precedence of some sort.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Although I agree with much of what Gary Johnson stands for, I can't get past his support for private prisons. Incarceration of human life should never be a corporate run for-profit business. This is something I STRONGLY disagree with. I agree with the smaller government idea, but keep law enforcement and prisons away from the private corporations.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

You're dead-on. And I do hope Ron Paul endorses GJ but my gut says he doesn't. I really feel once he knew they weren't going to allow him to win, this became all about the future...the future of the party and Rand's future role in the movement. Ron is a smart guy and he knows it's easier to take something over from the inside.

Anyway, the problem with third-party candidates is...they can't win. The two-party system is rigged to not allow it to.

But, if we're looking for a statement vote, GJ is a good choice.

The part of this that scares me is...we will have to live with another four years of Obama in order to help bring down the current GOP leadership.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
How could anyone in their right mind support Rand Paul? He is pure corporate romney-grade scum.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
How could anyone in their right mind support Rand Paul? He is pure corporate romney-grade scum.

hmmm...okay. Mind to back-up that statement?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

I don't like what Rand did either, and to be honest, I'll probably never forgive him for it, but one bad deed does not erase an entire career. I would still vote for the man as long as he continues the liberty movement. However, if he does start voting mainstream Republican, I'll be the first to say that he's not worth the vote.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Ask yourself if you want to cast your vote for the cheaters that change rules in the RNC or the lies of DNC? 3rd party. Throw away your vote in style because it's better than voting for the less of 2 evils or not voting at all.
edit on 7-9-2012 by TrueBlood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you any more Trueblood. GJ all the way. I just hope the liberty movement has stretched far and wide enough and made people realize that we don't have to accept the status quo. I know plenty of people want to write in RP, and I think they should seriously consider GJ instead. However, I also believe it's likely that the whole thing is rigged and it won't matter who you vote for anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I'm going with Gary Johnson this time around.
Obama and Romney = same/same. There isn't much daylight between them.
Corruption .. corporate whoring .. lies .. flip/flopping .. inexperience ... BOTH OF THEM.
And neither one is a shining example of the best of America .. ya' know??

So yes .. Gary Johnson it is for me.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Generator85
I couldn't agree with you any more Trueblood. GJ all the way. I just hope the liberty movement has stretched far and wide enough and made people realize that we don't have to accept the status quo. I know plenty of people want to write in RP, and I think they should seriously consider GJ instead. However, I also believe it's likely that the whole thing is rigged and it won't matter who you vote for anyway.

I think alot of people are just stuck on RP and don't understand that it doesn't have to be Paul. As long as we don't vote for a corporate puppet we're doing our job.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind having Gary Johnson as president, the guy seems honest. However we know he will not win.

So I will vote for Obama because I sure as hell don't want a Republican in office.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
First, you get a star for thinking in the right direction but I have a complaint/suggestion for the OP and everyone else. People NEED to change their party affiliations from either Dem or Rep to Independent/Un-Affiliated. That act alone --- if done en masse --- will send an important message. Thee is no CHANGING either party. They are both riddled with fraud and simply act as corporate fronts. Scrap them both. Sometimes a house can have so much rot in it that it makes more sense to tear it down and start over than attempting to repair it. BOTH parties have repeatedly screwed The People at the behest of the elite. Hold them accountable and let TPTB know.

I have been a long-time Ron Paul supported and advocate. I still proudly wear my '08 shirt and wrote him in in '08. After the rampant, bald-faced fraud perpetrated by the RNC against him and no willingness to make an independent run on principal I'm done. Gary Johnson it is.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ending the Fed would not be the right move under Paul, so I sure as hell wouldnt vote for someone who feels the same way. I'm also quite skeptical of anyone who comes in with ideas like forcing a balanced budget by 2013; the hole that we've dug ourselves into for the last 30 years is not something that can be fixed in a year, and any candidate that thinks that knee-jerk reactions of that sort are the right way to go is delusional.

I dont know who I will be casting my vote for at this time, but I do have people that I know will NOT be receiving it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

Best Video that describes it all.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
Although I agree with much of what Gary Johnson stands for, I can't get past his support for private prisons. Incarceration of human life should never be a corporate run for-profit business. This is something I STRONGLY disagree with. I agree with the smaller government idea, but keep law enforcement and prisons away from the private corporations.

There is not ONE perfect Candidate. Not one.

Thats the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join