It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changed my mind. Voting for Romney (moved to 2012 Elections)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
sorry, wrong forum. Look here: 2012 Elections
edit on 30-8-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In my honest opinion its all the same, false promises from each party.

I suppose that`s human nature really

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I saw your title and though .. ugh..

But you make some good points.. perhaps we do need to let the GOP take control to wake up America.. you're right in that Obama, if elected, will still be powerless because of the GOP fighting him every step of the way..

Not totally sure this is the proper forum =) but mods will handle that.
edit on 8/30/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

oops.
I was so intent on getting my though out I neglected to drop this in the right place. Mods please relocate this to 2012 US Elections

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Yet (OBAMA) he caved on some important issues like drilling for oil, going after the criminals on wall street, killing the patriot act and opening an investigation on the war in Iraq. All things that would have steered the US back on track. He like any politician fell pray to big money, both as a victim of thier might and a tool to get re-elected.

Funny, that those aren't new issues and even funnier is that previous Republicans and Democrats hand picked by the RNC and the DNC, not only had their chance at fixing them but they even created them them.

Republicans haven't done anything for drilling Oil, nor going after criminals on wall street when they had the chance. They created the patriot act and neither DNC groomed Democrats or RNC groomed Republicans will do away with it, because it benefits them (gov't) and lobbyist. The patriot act is a great way to control and monitor the consumers.

In addition are the oil companies loosing any money by not drilling? No, they are making more money because they can charge you more for a commodity that is in high demand but not enough of to meet the demand.

What would happen if they opened more drilling and they not only could keep up with the demand but they exceed it? Gas prices would go down, profits would go down, gov't taxes made on the sale of gas would go down. Who pays for the cost of doing business, the consumer.

So regardless, what it cost to make the gas the consumer gets the bill and the prices is are set on the demand and supply, The more supply the lesser the demand and therefore the lesser the price they can charge.That is why Republicans AND Democrats aren't and haven't done anything of significant about the OIL drilling and they use one another to shift the blame on why gas prices are high and why more drill sites don't exist.

IMO, It appears to me that you are a GOP loyalist who is realizing that Romney was the riskier candidate to select over Ron Paul and you are trying to sway the RP supporters

GOP Base voters are composed of two types of voters:
(Anyone but Obama) and (Ron Paul supporters)

Romney= (Anyone but Obama)
Ron Paul = (Anyone but Obama) + (Ron Paul supporters)

Easily you can see which candidate stands to loose the most voters within its own party and hence why Obama is going to win again. The GOP knew this as well but for them and the DNC is not about winning the election its about ensuring the RIGHT candidates are selected for the masses to pick from.

Therefore, I assume more and more GOP loyalist will continue to pop up and try to convert Ron Paul supporters to vote for the false slogan "Vote for the lesser evil"

You wan't to help and fix the problem with this country then IMO this is what has to happen.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am not voting for Romney after watching the convention I will not vote for any republican that party has shown me they do not represent people like me in the least. If he does win then I think people may wake up after the next 4 years and demand some changes in the political system. No one can fix the economy in a 4 year term I do not care what letter is in front of their name. I think things will get worse before they get better.

new topics

top topics

join