It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN chief warns of risk of 'war' in Iran nuclear row

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think people have totally lost perspective when it comes to the Iran and nuclear program issue.

We have to remember a few things I think...

The state of Israel has enough nuclear weapons to bomb all neighbouring countiries including Iran several times over, it is also one of the few nations in the area, that as a nation has not hesitated to use it's military even when the UN and the majority of the world has been against their actions.

I cannot understand the complete bias many have in this situation where a country like Israel with it's Zionist agenda and with it's trigger happy military can have nuclear weapons and it's OK... even the UN doesn't sweat over it... yet when it comes to Iran it's a firm no no...

Let's be honest, true equality and justice when it comes to the UN is a JOKE, it is one mentality for Israel and another for anyone else.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

And I would say you are a prejudiced fool in need of a history lesson and a little culture (not to mention class).

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xGuitarPlayerx

Not true, makes no sense.
Why is it then, that they are provoking other countries? They are the ones threatening Iran and there is no way around that.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

There is no proof of anything enriched even REMOTELY close to weapons grade. If they were on a quest for the bomb they could just buy one.

They are enriching it beyond it's need for fuel, but there is no proof they have enriched it beyond the need for research and medical.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Wrong again. Prove it. They have never actually said they want to wipe Israel off the map.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

Because they would have been a villian if they used nukes then, nukes that they weren't supposed to even have (after they went behind president kennedy's back and started making them). They shouldn't have US support and Nukes both. Do you know what started the Yom Kippur war?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ofcourse the UN states that, it's called gearing up for the "October Suprise". What president goes into a 2nd election without a war going on? It's just how things work. Want to bring world peace? Stop fighting and encourage everyone else to. War doesn't make peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamza

I cannot understand the complete bias many have in this situation where a country like Israel with it's Zionist agenda and with it's trigger happy military can have nuclear weapons and it's OK... even the UN doesn't sweat over it... yet when it comes to Iran it's a firm no no...

Let's be honest, true equality and justice when it comes to the UN is a JOKE, it is one mentality for Israel and another for anyone else.
You can completely understand. It's already War. It's part of how we are fighting. We have no intention of peace. Ofcourse Iran is trying to arm themselves with nukes, for self protection.

I read that Saddam's last interview by the US before he was hung, he said "ofcourse i pretended we had WMD's, what do you think IRAN would have done to us if we didn't?" everything is not so black and white, Iran can't give up nukes or risk being vulnerable, and we can't back down or else they can be militarily equal. Their is no endgame except.. well.. the end.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sweet. I can't wait to tell the gas station attendant gimme $400 on pump six when this goes down.

Would iran seriously use one teeny tiny bomb on a western nation and risk total annihilation? I really doubt it..

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Very eloquently put, Miniatus. Bravo.

And very hilariously put by Sascha Cohen in the Dictator movie too.

Sublime.

Iran with nuclear weapons is not funny at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Wrong again. Prove it. They have never actually said they want to wipe Israel off the map.

BS! yes they have!
right here.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Not true, makes no sense.
Why is it then, that they are provoking other countries? They are the ones threatening Iran and there is no way around that.

Look...i'll post 1 quote. But if you are trying to say that Iran has not made it clear that, given the opportunity, they would annihilate Israel, then you are just plain being dishonest.

(Pres. A speaking..)There is no doubt that the new wave [of attacks] in Palestine will wipe off this stigma [Israel] from the face of the Islamic world." Recalling the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, leader of Iran's Islamic revolution, he said: "As the imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."

But the statement i made was not just about Iran...i was speaking of a six days war scenario. I'm not coming down on a side here. that is not the intent of my statements. there is escalation on both sides. but Israel has got to feel like it's up against a wall...Ahmadinejad said it himself...a war that would utterly destroy Israel would simply damage the others, specifically Iran in this statement, but others would be affected...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Maybe all of us should stop enriching Uranium.
While they're at it.

The consequences of waste disposal are disproportionate
with the near term gain.

You do realize that when the unconrollable blackout occurs,
that multiple reactors will pursue the path of meltdown.

The potential for multiple dozens of overloaded cooling pools
to be compromised all at once would be The Fatal Error.

The mutations would result in terminal "non-proliferation treaty' genes
ironically enough.

Cancer Levels are already increasing exponentially due to the last
major nuclear events.

Unfortunately, as irresponcible as we all like to be, nuclear waste is unforgiving.
Someone will have to pay.

That "Someone" is not only Humanity, but life itself. There is no escaping it
except through death.

There is a better way. Even the Horse and cart was a better way if you crunch the #'s.
From what I have read, you are fully capable of managing equations.

S&

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by damingus

That link doesn't work.
But wrong, no, they never said that. It was taken out of context completely. The media loves it when things are "lost in translation." Another instance was when Iran revealed a drone. I saw the real name on bbc and it sounded like anything we would name our drones, but bbc didn't get the propaganda memo I guess, because fox news was saying the same words actually said something about raining death on America.

When you see a quote and it says we want to "wipe [Israel] off the face of the earth" there is a reason the brackets are there. That quote which has been repeated a million times on the news and on the net is NOT ACTUALLY what he said at all. Linking me to a news story that says that's what he said isn't proof by the way. Finding the video and getting a legit translation.. that's proof. That's how informed people know what he said.

This is the problem, us thinking people end up looking like crazy people that defend Iran, when really we are just trying to correct total ignorance. It's kind of like a sane man looks crazy in an insane world. We look bad because most of us are so ignorant.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Again.. brackets. That little journalistic device has mislead millions of people.
Get the quote in his language and find it actualy translated.

I am not being dishonest. There has obviously been a huge propaganda push to take us to Iran. Iran isn't trying to help that along.
edit on 31-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I find it odd that Israel is allowed nukes, but no one else in the region is allowed to enrich uranium past a certain point because Israel starts crying.

I am against nuclear proliferation. I happen to think the less nukes the better. Israel should also be completely disarmed of them. We can only speculate, but if Iran is at all srs about developing nukes, its more then likely because Israel has them. Unfortunately, MAD is the only way to achieve peace. The zionists seem hellbent on attacking nations that aren't nuclear capable. (Same with the US) It would make sense for these nations to want these weapons as a strong deterrent against foreign aggressors. Imagine a world without Israel. There would certainly be a lot less headaches.
edit on 31-8-2012 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

the brackets were in the first part...what about the end where he says "as the imam said...."

i would agree with the second part of your statement...sure. but i can't believe that you think that Iran has done nothing inflammatory...
'

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
We don't agree on much, the OP and I, but this time, I think that a regular theocracy should avoid nuclear proliferation at all costs.

I even agree with him on his hesitation to agree with the UN. I, too, agree that any sovereign nation should be able to conduct internal affairs such as this...but, sadly, for a "greater good" they must be "told what to do." This seems counter-intuitive, but may, in fact, be better for every human on the planet.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I know that in the last year or two, ATS has become pro-iran for some strange reason.. but I do agree that they do not need the nuclear program they have in place.. logic fails in how they have moved forward..

ATS has become pro-Iran because people are more informed. We over-throw Iran's democratic government because BP didn't have the full access to Iran's oil that it used to. We place a dictator in charge of Iran, a dictator who forms a secret police and takes away all freedoms from Iranian civilians. When Iran stages a revolution to over-throw the dictator they take hostages at the u.s. embassy in Tehran to prevent the U.S. government from interfering. (the very same embassy the U.S. staged the coup to over-throw their democratic government from). We give Iraq support and chemical weapons to attack Iran in an unprovoked war. Thousands and thousands of Iranian civilians die. Then we put sanctions on Iran for not wanting to cooperate with the U.S. government that has done all these things to their country.

How do you expect Iran to feel towards the U.S.? I am pro Iran because we have no right interfering in their country like we did in the past, or doing it in the present. We just create resentment in the middle east, we've done this type of things in many countries all over the world. South America, Asia, Middle East.

The only thing the American media talked about was how the evil Iranians took americans hostage, it's all our history books in high school teach us. They don't teach you what we did to Iran before they took hostages. Can you imagine how the U.S. would react if another country did that to us? We are bullying someone, and then making the victim out to be the bully. We are forcing Iran into a corner. We are kicking an abused dog and acting shocked when it behaves aggressively.

Good lord people wake up to the insanity of our government's foreign policies.
edit on 8/31/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Before outlining my attitude toward the article and its contents, I wish to make the following things clear from the very start. First of all, I have little to no respect for the leadersip of Iran, either its secular, or religious leadersip. They have variously disgraced thier own people with thier behavior, and have held them back with double standards, and placing greater importance in showing off to the rest of the world, than they have in the interests and needs of thier own people.

However, that does not mean that I automatically agree with the psychopathic, paranoid, and above all hipocritical western power block, when it shows such indecent rudeness, in assuming without a single publically known bit of proof, that Iran is actually in the midst of constructing a nuclear weapon. The reality of the situation, as far as anyone can make out, is that the western power block has decided that since Iran is not a democracy, and since it has a shady past with regards to its behavior toward its neighbors, that it CANNOT operate a totally peaceful nuclear program. It has, as far as can be ascertained, come to this conclusion based on little else than xenophobia and idiocy.

If Iran can make its nuclear power plant work effectively and elegantly, then its power needs will be met, and comfortably too by all accounts. As it is, as with many nations in the region, access to power is not as easy as it could or should be, and if Iran is to modernise, technologically and socially, then it must be allowed the same access to power and services that require that power, that you or I would expect at home. In the long run, this will mean more people becoming net literate, as the vital power supplies that govern hard wired machines will be constant or with less interuptions (meaning less complications and hard drive errors caused by a rapid and unorthodox shut down of any system using mains power, rather than batteries) . This alone could drive social reform in the nation, without the need for any of this territorial gonad waving, that the big wigs in world politics partake of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join