It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News and Others Take Ryan to the Woodshed for "Blatant Lies." ...Seriously, FOX News.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
What's more interesting to me, is that on the day that the current VP nominee is giving his big speech to the RNC, they cancelled all of Sarah Palin's appearances on FOX NEWS.

Who better to provide analysis of the speech than the previous nominee, who's overwhelmingly popular with the far right voters that Romney/Ryan are trying to pick up?

This cancellation was a complete mystery.

Gov. Sarah Palin appeared last night just before Clint Eastwood hit a grand slam

home run !

Clint Eastwood made Obama look like a fool.

-------------
Wow! Look at those ratings! Fox News is squashing NBC and all the rest.

- Too many lies on NBC -

edit on 31-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Wow. If you are going to quote off-site content, make sure you are sourcing the right place. Your content was lifted directly off of an article on CNN. Hardly Fox news. And Ryan wasn't completely wrong.

Obama did ignore Erskine-Bowles, which would have been a complete overhaul.

Ryan's message is rather simply, really. We are broke. The system is broken, but we can probably fix it. However the longer we wait, the less likely we are to succeed.

Seems pretty clear to me. That the truth hurts, well - it's time to clean up the mess.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum
reply to post by pajoly

Wow. If you are going to quote off-site content, make sure you are sourcing the right place. Your content was lifted directly off of an article on CNN. Hardly Fox news. And Ryan wasn't completely wrong.

Obama did ignore Erskine-Bowles, which would have been a complete overhaul.

Ryan's message is rather simply, really. We are broke. The system is broken, but we can probably fix it. However the longer we wait, the less likely we are to succeed.

Seems pretty clear to me. That the truth hurts, well - it's time to clean up the mess.

Erskine - Bowles was ignored because they failed to give Obama what he covets.

- Nationwide Value Added Tax -

--------------
CNN is full of DNC Hacks masquerading as journalists.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Helmkat

exactly my thinking and, when Christie, who is the odds on favorite for 2016, gives a keynote address that seems on the fence about Romney, it seems even more plausible that they don't want, nor do they expect, to win in 2012.

If Christie really wants to run he is going to have to lose the weight. It's just goddamn awful for his image. There is no way he would be able to beat a reasonably healthy looking opponent in the age of instant media.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I would have more reason to dislike Ryan if the MSM and Fox News were singing him praises. This gives me reason to do some research on him. If the MSM spin or narrative on someone is negative it always gives me some hope they won't simply be more of the same. In particular if the narrative is coming from Fox and they are Republican. Fox would defend Charles Manson if he were a neo con and wasn't going to rock the boat with his policies.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

Originally posted by rickymouse
Maybe Fox News is getting tired of protecting all the dumb things the Republican candidates are doing. It is making Fox look bad because most people can see these misconseptions and the cover up by Fox. Maybe they are starting to get their souls back at Fox. I think that the Media should say the truth as they see it happening. Sure it is possible to misinterpret something once in a while, that's human. I don't think it is possible that Ryan could have misinterpreted this much of what is going on. If he did then he doesn't belong in congress. I can't see him getting a promotion to VP to get him out of congress either. I know, you have to promote someone who disrupts the workers, it's a normal business tactic.

Or maybe Fox News isn't and never did or said anything OP is positing.

Maybe a liberal commentator submitted an opinion piece in the opinion section. I don't know...call me crazy

You aren't crazy. Word for word his sourced material came off of CNN's website. It's from their "Fact Check" section, where they present a statement made by a politician and then analyze it. So even then it's someone's OPINION of what Ryan said or what Obama said.

At the end of the day, Obama did have a debt commission (really easy to Google). They did make radical recommendations. Obama did ignore them. Paul Ryan feels a sense of urgency. This country is broke and our entitlement systems are broken. Those last two sentences are fact. Now how you go about fixing it is another matter altogether - but to me Ryan, Romney, Christie - these guys are truth tellers not soothsayers. If you want to get caught up in all of the Hope and Change nonsense and continue to ignore the problem, keep kicking the can down the road, be 20 trillion in debt if not more - by all means vote for Barry. You can say both parties are the same, blah blah blah - but only one is putting forth a plan to try to fix this mess, to ensure we don't become Greece, while the other is busy running stupid and false attack ads. Why? They can't run on their record. If that isn't enough to convince you, nothing will.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by pajoly

To be completely fair... that is an opinion piece and is hardly the tone of Fox news in general....

I hate fox and republican'ts as much as the next guy ( heh ) .. but I doubt this piece chimes well with the main players on Fox...

edit on 8/30/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

It stated some pretty bold facts and proved many of Ryan's statements were in fact, false. I agree that the big wigs at Fox are going to make some heads roll for the release of this though.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

At the end of the day, Obama did have a debt commission (really easy to Google). They did make radical recommendations. Obama did ignore them. Paul Ryan feels a sense of urgency.

He does? Really?
Link

"[Obama] created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report," Ryan stated. "He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing." But the bipartisan debt commission itself didn’t come back with a report. There were not enough votes to agree upon recommendations, in part due to opposition from committee member, er, Paul Ryan. The statement misleads viewers by implying that Ryan supports the proposal, when he aggressively opposed it, and by using the third person to avoid noting that Ryan was on the commission and voted no.

So there.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

That's a good way to look at it.

Obama = $20 Trillion National Debt & we go over the fiscal cliff

Romney = We move away from the fiscal cliff and save our nation for our children

--------

Obamas Plan = War on Women by the big, bad, evil Republicans

edit on 31-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

At the end of the day, Obama did have a debt commission (really easy to Google). They did make radical recommendations. Obama did ignore them. Paul Ryan feels a sense of urgency.

He does? Really?
Link

"[Obama] created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report," Ryan stated. "He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing." But the bipartisan debt commission itself didn’t come back with a report. There were not enough votes to agree upon recommendations, in part due to opposition from committee member, er, Paul Ryan. The statement misleads viewers by implying that Ryan supports the proposal, when he aggressively opposed it, and by using the third person to avoid noting that Ryan was on the commission and voted no.

So there.

Seek the truth: Did Obama ignore his own Erskine / Bowles recommendations?

Why?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by pajoly

To be completely fair... that is an opinion piece and is hardly the tone of Fox news in general....

I hate fox and republican'ts as much as the next guy ( heh ) .. but I doubt this piece chimes well with the main players on Fox...

edit on 8/30/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

It stated some pretty bold facts and proved many of Ryan's statements were in fact, false. I agree that the big wigs at Fox are going to make some heads roll for the release of this though.

Paul Ryan told the truth.

Did you hear his explanations? Probably not.

Paul Ryan told the truth. You just don't want to hear it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Paul Ryan and Romney are baits
probably were told to make such exagerated speech full of lies
the elites told them .. trust me the sheople will swallow it like all other time

if Fox news now backstab their own people .. you must think with a bigger picture
why would they do that ?

because they want to push a revolution in america
they will probably sacrifice both clowns that probably dont know
why they were choosen by the elites
the elites has started exposing Romney and Ryan lies
even wolf blitzer said that the official refused to count the Ron Paul delegate
why would he say that but then continu supporting Romney anyway

they are pushing americans to the limits .. they throw us a bone
to the ones that still have their heads into the sound
that the american government has been compromised for a long time
it all started after JFK tried to expose the secret societies
1 yrs later he was assasinated

They want to let people know they are there .. just look at the london ceremony
so i think Ryan and Romney will get bashed by their own group
just wait for it .. it is just the start
and Obama will have the door wide open at the election

this was all orchestrated so the Black Knight can rise
and then do whatever he wants and even stay president has long he wants
the new rule is not a coincidence its not only for Ron Paul but also for Romney or anyone else

I'm close to your general position.

I saw some of a budget commitee hearing with Paul Ryan. Ryan's points were in line with an end the fed solution. I remember being suprised that any representative could talk like that and be elected. I figured nothing would come of it but, appearently it got somebody's attention and he got fired upstairs.

From what Ryan said on the commitee, If Ryan voted against it, then the solution was somewhere between a white wash or a further bailout.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

No, I didn't start a thread on that. I'd like to find that thread so I can see if I can learn more from it. Do you know what the thread was called?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We went over that cliff five years ago under Republican control. What makes you think they can fix it. Maybe because they are better at deceiving people into believing that deception can straighten this out. I believe good businesses can help the country through this but not many of them exist anymore. Most outsource the jobs so they get increased sales with more profits in the pockets of the execs. They blow the taxpayers dividends on contributions to the political candidates and lobbying expenses to wine and dine congress. The stockholders wind up with no assets stabilizing their stock. Very risky situation we have here in America. Both the Republicans and Democrats let this happen, it cannot be blamed on only one. At least they passed a law that makes it illegal for our congressmen to get insider trading tips. They will still be getting tips but will be passing them on to relatives to profit off of.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

We went over that cliff five years ago under Republican control. What makes you think they can fix it. Maybe because they are better at deceiving people into believing that deception can straighten this out. I believe good businesses can help the country through this but not many of them exist anymore. Most outsource the jobs so they get increased sales with more profits in the pockets of the execs. They blow the taxpayers dividends on contributions to the political candidates and lobbying expenses to wine and dine congress. The stockholders wind up with no assets stabilizing their stock. Very risky situation we have here in America. Both the Republicans and Democrats let this happen, it cannot be blamed on only one. At least they passed a law that makes it illegal for our congressmen to get insider trading tips. They will still be getting tips but will be passing them on to relatives to profit off of.

All we need is tidal wave of new payroll taxes to wash away the $1 Trillion Deficits.

Lowering the unemployment rate to 4% will accomplish that.

- President Mitt Romney - 2012

Clint Eastwood has spoken. - Make My Day ! -

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Time for a Jubilee. That is what the new would order will do if they know they will have all of the control.

The basis of the economy is production. Our debt has nothing to do with production-- only the preliminaries to production, ie permission to use the money we made in the last 100 years for what we want to.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate

Time for a Jubilee. That is what the new would order will do if they know they will have all of the control.

The basis of the economy is production. Our debt has nothing to do with production-- only the preliminaries to production, ie permission to use the money we made in the last 100 years for what we want to.

President Mitt Romney will spend the next 8 years growing the GDP to $25 Trillion.

At the same time the National Debt will be reduced to $12 Trillion.

---------
Those numbers are a nightmare scenario for Obama / George Soros who wish to

destroy America with a crushing financial burden.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In responce to the left wing attacks on Ryan on here.

FACT CHECK: Obama promised and failed to keep Janesville GM plant open

washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
In responce to the left wing attacks on Ryan on here.

FACT CHECK: Obama promised and failed to keep Janesville GM plant open

washingtonexaminer.com...

Yes, it's sad when the real fact checkers have to fact check the liberal

fact checkers.

Paul Ryan told the truth. They just don't want to admit it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Worth a read, especially if you are convinced you know the truth.

The Media's 'Fact Check' Smokescreen

news.investors.com...

In any case, Obama himself admitted that he's doing what Ryan says. In a November 2009 interview with ABC News, reporter Jake Tapper said to Obama that "one-third of the funding comes from cuts to Medicare," to which Obama's response was: "Right."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join