It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Rejects App That Tracks U.S. Drone Strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It seemed like a simple enough idea for an iPhone app: Send users a pop-up notice whenever a flying robots kills someone in one of America’s many undeclared wars. But Apple keeps blocking the Drones+ program from its App Store — and therefore, from iPhones everywhere. The Cupertino company says the content is “objectionable and crude,” according to Apple’s latest rejection letter.

www.wired.com...

So compiling a list of attacks made by drones from the news is crude ?..What do you think of this.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Apleness

Its beyond crude.

I agree with apple. Well how about that.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Apleness

Hey gotta keep the civilian killing on the down low. People think Drone are killing 100% terrorist. you know..them guys with Turbans and um a beared.. i think.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What does it really matter?

Just jailbreak your iPhone and presto, any app you want.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

“If the content is found to be objectionable, and it’s literally just an aggregation of news, I don’t know how to change that,”

From the OP source.

Answer: Don't change it fight it, it infringes on the 1ST AMENDMENT.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

“If the content is found to be objectionable, and it’s literally just an aggregation of news, I don’t know how to change that,”

From the OP source.

Answer: Don't change it fight it, it infringes on the 1ST AMENDMENT.
It's got nothing to do with the first amendment.

Apple has their customers wrapped around their little finger and they can abuse them in any way they see fit as long as they don't break any laws which this doesn't. The App store is a private enterprise and they are under no obligation by the first amendment to carry any app they don't want to.

But you have a right to not like what they are doing..and you can do something about it...don't use Apple if you don't like how they operate. Personally, I don't like how they operate so I avoid using their products.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

join