It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Admits the U.S. Government Created al-Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I did a quick search and this topic has only come up once before

For those of you that cant watch it right now she is saying that we helped create the problem with al-Qaeda by funding them to fight the soviets and once they were gone we left them to do whatever they wanted and it backfired on us

www.abovetopsecret.com
edit on 30-8-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
nothing new there then.

The American government has done this before.

Iran - Iraq war anyone ?
Who supplied weapons to Saddam Hussein ?

Move along now, nothing to see....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have read about that long ago. Our government has never denied that they were involved in creating Al-Uaeda's power either. It was necessary at the time to support them. What I try to figure out is why the ones we help create wind up hating us. Maybe because they know how corrupt our system is and have a change of heart.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
isn't this common knowledge???
doesn't 'al queada' the name of the computer system set up for the afghan rebels(by the cia) for fighting soviet occupiers? i think i read/heard some where it means 'toilet' in arabic! (correct me if i'm wrong please).
of course the yanks backed/funded them. they didn't want the russians 'owning' the rich oil,natural gas,and rare mineral supplies,and unique military advantge point we call the middle east!
the u.s. had its eyes set on that since after WW II !

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda consits of two group of people :

Greedy leaders who don't get involved in real actions

Fanatic little greedy people. These group of people are basically hypocrite or naive. While they know that zionists are are supporting them , they attack other group of Muslims.

This is what that makes the situation worse.

But as I have observed , there are fanatics and greedy people in other group of people all around the world.

But the difference is that middle eastern countries have oil and gas , so they are good opportunity for investment.

But other groups of people do not have much beneficiaries for invasion.
edit on 30-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Government that has the change of heart and makes who ever out to be the bad person / organisation after funding them.

I have no doubt the UK government does this as well.

I can prove it with great scientists like Alan Turing (he helped decode German encrypted messages in WWII and was convicted of being bisexual after the war).

Other people like David Kelly (Weapons expert) apparently committed suicide a day before giving evidence at an Iraq war enquiry.
Bumped off in my opinion and his full details of death blocked from publication for 75 years....

These are just two examples of the UK Government using and abusing clever people for it's own means.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is not breaking news by any means this is very common knowledge. Ive known about this since before we went into Afghanistan over a decade ago, watch the movie Charlie Wilson's War it does a good job explaining what happened before during and after the Russian war with Afghanistan here is a link to the movie
edit on 30-8-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What most people fail to realize is that Al Qaeda is STILL controlled by the US government.

Bin Laden WASN'T killed in May 2011. That's why nobody ever saw a pic of the body.

The 911 attacks were Al Qaeda job. Yes, that's true. But the point is: the CIA knew that the attacks would happen on September 11th. Because the CIA helped to plan the attacks!

Al Qaeda is a CIA proxy.

edit on 30-8-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I have read about that long ago. Our government has never denied that they were involved in creating Al-Uaeda's power either. It was necessary at the time to support them. What I try to figure out is why the ones we help create wind up hating us. Maybe because they know how corrupt our system is and have a change of heart.

I don't think they "wind up hating us", I think they already did. That doesn't mean they are above accepting our money though. Pick any enemy and offer them a few billion dollars, how many are going to say "keep your filthy money American infidels?" None. They will take it and do enough to keep the money flowing (until we decide they are ruled by ruthless dictators with WMD's) while pursuing their agenda.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

It concerns Saudi Arabia and a western alliance the Osama did not approve of. He offered his services and men to the Saudis and they turned it down and chose a US alliance.. Can't remember what it was for but I think that is at least part of the reason...

As for the US funding the taliban, this is nothing new. The US is to blame for what has happened over the last decade and nothing more. You could say they are trying to put things right but at the same time, countless lives have died because of this.
edit on 30-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
For those of you that cant watch it right now she is saying that we helped create the problem with al-Qaeda by funding them to fight the soviets and once they were gone we left them to do whatever they wanted and it backfired on us

This isn't really anything we didn't know before. After the Soviets left everyone else declared victory and left, becuase, let's face it, Afghanistan is no Kuwait. It's more like a mountain redneck's backyard full of rocks, smelly animals, carcases of rusted vehicles lying everywhere, and characters murdering each other over 200 year old family fueds. They had no indiginous industry since the stone age so it's little wonder why such an environment would foster religious nuts like the Taliban and Al Qaida when left alone, especially when all the people offering better alternatives skip town because they don't want to be late for the free beer at the victory celebration back at headquarters.

This is, however, a far, far cry from the conspiracy theorists insistance that some rogue branch of the CIA secretly brought a bunch of zealots together and secretly chartered the organization as a proxy tool for some sinister secret plot to take over the world. It's the difference between your teeth falling out from not brushing, and your teeth falling out from the gov't secretly zapping you with teeth disintergrating beams. The real world is legitimately pathetic enough as it is without having to invent some stupid crap that only works in a Hollywood movie.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i wasn't aware this was a secret. we funded saddam as well into power. and various other regimes and organisations. it's how the cia/nsa rolls really "create tomorrow's enemies to fight today's enemies".

top topics

join