It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There goes the summer: Hundreds see bizarre weather phenomenon over Somerset

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In my last post, I should have pointed out that the picture of 'Undulatus asperatus' is not a winter scene, all that is pale blue and white is the sky. It was pointed out to me that the middle portion looks like snow covered mountains, it is not, it is also the sky.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It was said in jest. Annoying I know but comparing me to a Californian, come on, don't be cruel.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Another article on the 'twister' -

Twisters seen in Britain ahead of wet weekend

Giant twisters, funnel clouds and tornados have swept through the country from the south.
The phenomenon was confirmed by Met Office experts, who revealed the UK had the most tornadoes by surface area than anywhere else in the world..

Twisters-seen-in-Britain-ahead-of-wet-weekend

..but as they go on to point out - most 'twisters' that occur in Britain are less than 50 metres across, as opposed to the US where they can be a kilometre across. I expect that goes partway to explaining why people (previously including me) think they are a rare occurrence here - because they are so small (and probably short-lived) that few people actually observe them whereas over the pond - well, you can hardly miss a tornado half a mile across that can wipe a whole town off the map.

peace
J
edit on 30-8-2012 by skjalddis because: forgot url

new topics

<< 1   >>

join