It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy to make YOUR life PATHETIC... what can you do about it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Thank you. It's good to know people understand. I think you're absolutely right on.

I don't understand it when older people tell me "Yeah, life sucks, but you just gotta do it. You HAVE to."

I'll say, "Yeah, you have to make a living, but why be miserable? Isn't there any better way to do it?"

They look at me like I'm a f***ing alien.

Anyway, God bless

And don't you give up either, ya hear?

Again with the moaning.

Does it have to be put into the simplest form so you can get your head around it?

Welcome to life! All you are doing on here is bemoaning a fact that pretty much everyone who hasn't been born into a privileged family has to do, and that is make your way in this world.

And yes you are blaming the conspiracy filled world as you see it.

Here's a tip, do what everybody else who has a friggin head on their shoulders does, find something you're good at, get better at it, develop your gifts, whatever they may be, and make a living off that!

Nobody said this sh*t was easy. FFS.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You know... There is a way

Not working doesn't mean not working, I have had moments of poverty and times where 6 figures walked through my door and I felt like I hadn't done squat

The problem is the definition of the term Work

Work to people seems to mean getting a Jawb

But take Mr Miyagi from the old karate Kid, the guy was like what a janitor, worked 3 hrs day fixed a sink for an hr for a few bucks so he ate and had an pat paid for? what the heck did that go do lol... nothing

But he worked... differently, he collected junk and made it something wax on wax off lol... (okay he was older he got the kid to do it then lol)

But the thing is he had a hobby he loved and did it and then had what... 30 classic cars in mint condition in his yard that guy was rich as all heck!

The thing is he DID he didn't work he just DID stuff... stuff he enjoyed

Personally i'm a lot like that, I paid for college with my comic collection, one book one dollar at a time from 8-20 and one day i sold it and lived free for 2 years without "working" while finishing school...

You CAN not sell out... sure there will be times you need a Jawb at first.... I never had a jawb for more than 2 weeks in 20 years after that though... I have a career, I work on computers, but I sit in my house all day... In THEORY i work more than anyone I know....

Right now, the TV is on and i'm watching a show about Rome, posting on the net and working in Photoshop

But is that work? I haven't been to bed but i'm not tired, I have no one to report to really I decide the deadline...

My new thing is going to Japan... I bring American crud with me that resells high that i can get a away with in my luggage, ship a box or so of small things and sell it to stores... 400 bucks for a pair of sneakers i paid 90 for in the USA, 13.00 for a small jar of peanut butter whatever... and come back after 10 days with a few G extra for going on vacation...

Is that work? I dunno... I suppose it is, Tonight i'm doing some art for a guys for a few hundred bucks while typing because I like tripping out on photoshop...

Far from rich but I never suffer for long... I could make a lot more if I chose too but I like my free time...

But never sold out, never got a Job... I just DO stuff I like to do...

There are times like when i first got divorced it scared the crap out of me...for a couple of recent years i was a freak because i was never required to PAY things by a certain day or "get in trouble" lol but it's a Zen thing really...once I calmed down, it got easy again for the most part

It's stuff... wanting STUFF causes expenses, if your expenses get high enough it becomes next to impossible to not have a steady pay check and then your in the trap...

I'm not even saying I am some Guru at it... I honestly still freak out a lil sometimes... and America makes it hard to do, Bills are due on day X

But the commonality i think all BILLIONAIRES have is they do it like me... most NEVER sell out

Bill Gates just...trips balls on computers so did Steve Jobs... they never had a Jawb a day in their lives...

Those guys do what they like to do and do it for the sake of doing it...

You have to DO stuff... sitting around and like smoking pot and doing nothing lol... wont work, a lot of people think that's not selling out... if you like Pot you have to get really involved in Pot somehow... make pipes while you get stoned blow bubblers with a 300.00 glass blower...

But you never have to work at a Jawb and sell out and let them OWN YOUR TIME

You just have to do stuff... get into things that's the way out.

No expenses, do what you love... when you do what you Love you don't NEED things your too busy for that nonsense of non fulfillment

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This thread brings back a lot of memories. Too bad my response will likely get buried, but such is life... I have known kids, friends that grew up privileged and from moderately wealthy homes, everything was given to them, no need to work, and they were miserable too, that is not a solution. Your problem is more like mine was and like for most people. Please pay heed.

Your first step into adulthood responsibility and work is to suffer some injustice and see the futility that can exist for everyone who can't rise above it. Your next step is to do what must be done, enter that world, and push through the drudgery. At that point you are not likely ready for a nice job with responsibility and exercise of control, they too become old quickly and you are not yet likely to dedicate yourself to finishing all tasks with the quality all jobs deserve. Oddly though, if you keep in mind that your first crappy jobs will be temporary and you are destined for better, you are, then you can tolerate them easier. Those drudging tasks after you push yourself through doing them, maybe for months or a couple years, become almost enjoyable. You become better than the tasks. In another 10 years you will likely look back to a dishwashing job and sometimes wish you still has so little carefree responsibility.

Right away try find something more to do in that meaningless job. If the job is washing dishes, for example, when you get a lull don't rush out to take a break, look instead to perhaps wiping down some shelves, straightening up the store room, or whatever looks to have been neglected. Do some of these things before being asked to. It may take time but will be noticed by the bosses. It will be rewarded and is the key to advancement. You will take pride in the fact you are rising above others' attitudes and making a bigger contribution.

If you get appointed as a lead or foreman then set the example and do more than those who follow you. You received that position because your supervisors saw something in you that stood above the others. You set the example and others will follow and when your crew becomes the best - and they will be the happiest also - then you will be heading places, upward and onward. This doesn't all come in the first week or month, maybe not in the first year even, but remind yourself what you are doing now is temporary and won't last forever. Prove TO YOURSELF you are above that task and don't let it get you down.

Make a commitment to excellence. No job is too little to not be done its best. Sometimes you find yourself with bosses you don't like, push yourself through that the best you can and find somewhere better to work. The experience you gained from pushing yourself will pay off eventually. Stay above pettiness and gossip, whatever you are being paid to do is important to somebody. If you are not being appreciated in that job at least appreciate yourself.

I am happy and secure. I retired in my early 50's. I remember the futility I felt early-on. After I learned those things I just mentioned I began getting noticed for my achievements. It all paid off for me. Do what you must do and be better than that task at hand. It is not easy and it takes time but sooner than you think it all starts coming to you. If you want to start your own business I would still recommend that you work in some crappy jobs first, what you learn there may not be apparent at first but will be valuable experience, most likely in ways you cannot yet understand. Rising above the crap and crappy attitudes many other around you have will put you ahead of the pack.

Cheers and good luck. -Eron

edit on 30-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Aha! Star for referencing Mr.Miyagi!

Great post thanks, I'll take in into consideration

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You want to be productive and not be a sell out?

First stop whining.

Second go to college and get a degree in something.

Third work in a field that makes you happy.

Get a degree in agriculture and work for a co-op that sales whole foods to local markets. Better yet work for an organization that helps teach people in poor nations how to grow and cultivate foods to help prevent starvation.

Double major in math and education. Then work for a corporation that sends teachers to place like Mexico or Botswana to help build schools and educate kids.

My friend recently signed up to spend four years teaching basic math and science skills to kids in Guyana. He could actually make more here. He did it because he wanted to do something for the world.

Look around and think. Don't confuse being fulfilled with having time to loaf and do nothing. Read some philosophy and study the world. Then look at what areas interest you. Then become the change you want to see. Satisfaction comes from hard work towards a goal you believe in. You can't do that if you spend your time complaining about how it is impossible.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You know stop telling her to "stop whining"

several of you have done this and let me say this

Psych 101, coping mechanisms, rationalization

there is nothing worse than hearing an old coot or a person who's an old coot inside tell a young person "the suffering is worth it" "stop whining" " we all do it" "welcome to the real world" life is hard" "suffer through the drudgery and then when your 52 you can make Love again at noon on a Tuesday for the first time in 30 years"

She wants to NOT end up like you lol

She wants HELP to AVOID YOUR Fracked up lives lol

The problem is MISERY LOVES COMPANY

Kids her age sometimes open websites and pull a couple Million in a couple of years and do whatever they want... Go Google 21 Year old Millionaires 9 in 10 are Internet based...

Just because it took you 30 years and putting up with a lot of dirty dirty dirt and pain doesn't mean that's her future

She wants IDEAS to AVOID being YOU.

I do Internet frankly i'm lazy as heck, don't personally need much and 5-6-7 a month on 15 20 hrs work a week works fine for me, but when I am ready in the next couple of years i'll put in 2 hard years and retire... with a couple of Mil

That's at least an idea, your the ones whining at Her not vice versa you hardened brained fools

Cogs in the machine

supporters of slavery

brain washed

JOY how to do it and do it with JOY.... "your going to have to suffer" yeah if she listens to you rofl...

I have a friend who at 21 designed a tool and patented it to clean jewelry, went into supermarkets 1.00 from 2.4 Million people he was done at 19

I have another friend who sold penis pills online... he got a satellite phone moved to an asian country 40 g a month, works 2 hrs a day has an asian wife a HOT one and a waterfall in his yard 28

I could make a list...

Cut it out, your being jerks...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've been declared dead and resuscitated twice. So every day that i wake up is an incredibly outstanding day.

Dealing with every day struggles and activities of life is a breeze and something i look forward to every day.

Somewhere some poor SOB always has it worse.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I absolutely recommend moving to Peru and finding out what a more spiritual life is like. Ask the shamans and the plant medicines and you will get answers.

The western world is deep in ignorance and thats the way its supposed to be at this time. Its necessary. Humans are learning so much from it.

edit on 30-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Good to hear you have it all sewn-up. Certain assumptions were being made based on the OP's query. First that she didn't have any particular direction, initiative to start her own business, nor an exceptional educational background in a particular field - essentially that she was starting from scratch. Those don't matter if there is some drive to do something fulfilling.

Not sure why you feel effort is not desired. Athletes, competitive, and performing artists push themselves in a drive to excel. Nothing wrong with that. If one does not make effort to overcome basic laziness I have heard many speak of the drudgery of just getting dressed and tying their shoes in the morning.

Without getting into detail I will tell you this old coot has had an exceptional life that was able to incorporate my arts, performing arts, and competitiveness into my working career, then retiring fairly young with financial security and multiple paid-off homes and property and now living south of the border in what to me is a paradise.

Sure, not for everyone but the OP was asking how to get around having a pathetic life. I offered the formula that worked for me. Not bad for a high school drop-out. Of course if you can have a fulfilling life with no effort we all might appreciate hearing more about your success. It did, however, sound from your tone you are not generally at ease with life. Perhaps it is just that you are fed-up with hearing from people that may expect more from you and others.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Go to university!

That is the first step to doing something truly productive and that will make you happy doing it. The higher level degree you get, the more money you will make, and the more time you will have to focus in on something you truly love.

Most professors love their jobs because they love the field they study. They get paid to teach about it and further the research of humanity, both are noble and good things.

If you like growing organic crops, get a degree in business and agriculture. Then start an organic farm or co-op. I know several people who have done just that, without government intrusion at all. Society loves them for it too.

If you want to help people live better lives, go to medical school after university, become a physical therapist or dietician, all are great things that help people directly.

Trade and tech schools also offer training in being a fire fighter, there's not many jobs more noble and heroic than that. In the same vein, you can join the Coast Guard. I personally know several people who did in both the United States and Great Britain. They did so to save lives, which is what the vast majority of the Coast Guard does, and when your time with them is done, you can go to university for free afterwards.

After you get your degree, think about joining the Peace Corps, they do great work all over the world helping people directly.

It's not at all "selling out" and you'll never have to settle for spending your life as a wage-slave to a faceless evil company like Walmart.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Point taken.

My point is and has been this: to feel disillusioned and disappointed with the state of the world is something most alert and aware people go through at some point in their lives.

I come from a background where feeling sorry for yourself is not tolerated, you get up and you get on with it. Is that 'selling out' no, is it lowering you 'morals' no. Life is short, you gotta make the most of it.

My life has been one where I have made my own career without the help of anyone, I answer to no person, I'm my own boss. Part of becoming a responsible human being is the learning curve a person goes through in order to do this, the belief in oneself, fighting self doubt, sincere introspection. I've lost as many times as I've won, but that's life. Am I proud of my accomplishments? Not really, I don't see anything special about getting on with it.

There are a lot of things wrong with the world but adopting the view that society as a whole is pointless and meaningless is wrong, it's arrogant, but that's my opinion. There are many people outside the OP's sphere of existence that live good fulfilling decent lives, do they believe in conspiracies? are they slaves to 'the man'? not necessarily.

Allow me to apologize OP for my harshness in my earlier posts. No excuse. Best of luck.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No one can force you to "sell out". You make your own choices based upon your circumstances. It's called Freedom. Be thankful you have it.

Now here's the other edge of the sword that typically you won't hear much about - You can have freedom, or you can have security. Anything you do to add to one will subtract from the other. They don't play well together on either the societal or individual level.

You can do anything you choose. Just be prepared for the consequences. Not "selling out" most definitely has a price of its own. The price and the value are determined by each individual. The price is what you pay. The value is what it's worth to you.

The advice I'd give to anyone is, whatever you do, take into consideration whether it's providing additional options, or closing doors. If you find the road you're on is closing a lot of potential options off, you better make damn sure it's the road you really want to be on. No one can force you to make a specific choice, but some have a narrow window of opportunity and when they're gone, no one can turn back time to allow you to change your mind.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I 100% agree with you, my job currently doesn't stimulate me like I want. Don't get me wrong, I get paid fairly well but the money doesn't mean much. I know I "need" it for now but all I do is sit in a cube and stare at a computer. I am 22, I should be out in the world exploring. Not locked up. I am tired of hearing about f*&king fantasy football this and, " Oh my, i couldn't drive my Corvette to work today, so I took the Mercedes hahaha". I work with a bunch of rich, stuck up fat-cats who can't even remember what their pecker looks like and they talk down on everyone. I am just sick of it. I would rather just live in the woods with a few friends. Honestly, a few friends and I want to move to a undisclosed state where "growing" is legal and just grow to make a living. What would be more fun and exhilarating to wake up, tend to your crop, be out in the woods and be that close to nature?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thank you for your replies everyone, especially those who have offered real solutions and given me your views on the matter. That's what I was looking for. I read all the responses, and I'm mulling them all over in my head.

And I just wanna make it clear--I'm not whining. I just don't want to end up hating my life again. Been there before, not doing it again. I refuse to.

God bless everyone

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I understand, I can see what it looks like from someone who's worked all their life and been through a lot of things beyond their control. That's basically my childhood right there.

No worries, no grudges.

I'm just saying I'd like to avoid that life style of living on eggshells, being miserable with whatever job I have, and dedicating my life to something I don't care about. I just don't see a point in living if I'm gonna end up like that.

God bless

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The point I tried to make in the beginning and lost track of is that working isn't hellish if you're doing it for a cause that matters. It's not an empty and repetitious cycle of non-stop doom, no matter how demanding or tough the job. I worked my tail off, for a long time - but loved just about every minute of it. When you're working for yourself there's not much motivation to make it happen. But when you get kids? Everything changes. And it's great for awhile...

Then the kids? They turn into teenagers... and that's when the whole walking dead / zombie look begins to show! That's when wrinkles hit and hair turns gray...

Having teenage kids is natures revenge for the stuff we did when we were young.

Give it a couple of decades and you'll find yourself trying to find this post so you can star it!

Oh man, that grumpy mod dude on ATS was so freaking RIGHT....

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You bring up an excellent point. And it all harkens back to the STS/STO difference. When you're concerned about yourself only, that's a real luxury. But you sometimes don't see the meaning or purpose and it all can seem pointless.

Drag a spouse and some kids into the equation, and you've sure got a burden, but it's one that provides a purpose. Now I'm ABSOLUTELY not advocating anyone get married and have kids so they have a purpose (!) but when things progress naturally in that fashion, what you once considered intolerable becomes almost happily endured, because you're serving a purpose other than, and higher than, your own.

Yes, it's trying. But those of us who have been through it and survived wouldn't change the experience for anything.

Sort of like war veterans.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No, they are whining about how they are unable to be happy. I went from so damn poor I couldn't put gas in my thirty-one year old car to working with the number one recording artist in the country. It can be done.

What fulfills me? Writing, music, and helping others. I busted my rear end and became a recording artist and tech on music videos. I recorded in Nashville, Texas, South Carolina and other places. I put my best foot forward and became a published author. I volunteered and helped others. I took time to teach others the basics of recording and music appreciation. When it was time to have a family I came off of the road and settled down.

Now I spend several days a week working to protect others and stop those that would victimize them. I've undergone training on dealing with special populations, non violent crisis intervention, and mental health crisis intervention. I do those things because I get pleasure out of helping and protecting others. I work everyday as a "cog" and love it. I love it because I realize the world is bigger than me. I make money and support my family doing something I enjoy.

A large part of being happy is finding your own joy and changing your mindset. The world is larger than you and your surroundings. Find a gear you enjoy turning and turn it. That doesn't mean flip burgers. You want to help cure cancer or heart disease? Be an administrator or researcher at a research clinic. The secretary keeping the office running gives the doctor time to find the cure. The problem is that people don't concentrate on what they actually provide the world. They concentrate on what the world doesn't provide them.

If a piss poor country boy from next to no where can do it, anybody can.

edit on 30-8-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You are over thinking all of this. All you can do is be yourself. Sounds to me like you are letting them dictate your life for you. Not everything about the system we live in is bad, in fact, its got some pretty solid foundations. Yes it is corrupt, but not entirely. Nothing comes without a risk, be it medication, driving, interacting with others, even watching a movie.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

This video talks about what you are feeling and why feeling powerless is what the PTB want you to feel and believe. PLease give it a listen, It helped me feel better and I even made a thread about this video, but it didn't get a lot of hits... check it out..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join