It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy to make YOUR life PATHETIC... what can you do about it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yeah, I'm a girl

I guess it'll be easier once I have that feeling, but I really feel like there's too much wrong with the world for me to live peacefully. I feel obligated to change it somehow. But I don't know what I can do, and it makes me insane.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

because I'm still in a court custody battle for my bro and sis, can't leave for another year or so.

This is an extenuating circumstance.

But honestly, they really should take precedence to your happiness...and it sounds like they do...

It is not selling out if you're doing what you can to make their lives better.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

hey dont let all of these bitter overweight, negative people bring you down, you are absolutely right, this joke of a life that we live is MEANINGLESS! and POINTLESS...i hate my job.. and i work for a police department, i hate every waking moment that i get out of bed to do my job, and listen to nothing but REAL whiners complaining about the pettiest bull crap...one thing i learned about law enforcement is that people are snitches and they love to snitch each other out...instead of helping each other.

this whole entire system is completely corrupt beyond repairs, and cops are some of the worst offenders, everyone is a hypocrite...

you are right in that they try to drill into our heads that this is how are lives are supposed to be...and having kids doesn't change your point of view trust me i have t2, and there isn't a day that goes by that i think about the mistake of bringing them into this evil, twisted, corrupt, cruel, heartless world...

but i finally realized what the purpose of having my kids was....you see i didnt choose to have them...THEY chose to come to me, so when they are old enough i can teach them about the way this system is designed to imprison you...

there is more to humans than just waking up every morning to serve burgers and fries, or stand for 8hrs behind a cash register...we are SLAVES TO MONEY. plain and simple....we are capable of doing much more...there is so much untapped knowledge in the human mind, but we waste it all working and living these pointless lives...we all do...and whoever denies it is delusional, those who insulted you and said you were whining...those are the ones that gave up..

dont give up, and find out what you are truly capable of.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I'm not blaming my life on anyone. When did I say that?

Oh, and before you go assuming how much I know about suffering, I've been homeless before. It's not fun. I've been abused, and nearly killed on three different occasions. You know nothing about me, so don't go making that ignorant-ass assumption.

The ONLY thing I'm trying to say is that there is a better way of life than this, and it's really hard to find. Me, I can't leave the city for another year, so finding a fair job IN the city that ISN'T a soul-seller from hell is hard. That is all I'm saying. Why are you so ticked? Did I hit a soft spot on you or something? Jesus.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The OP sounds exactly like the hippies of the 60's.
They left home and lived in communes.

Look what happened to them. They grew up and rejoined society. Mostly because there is no other way.

Wait until you have some medical emergency.
Your options will be...
1. Pull a root out of the ground and rub it around.
2. Go to the hospitol and accept their artificial drugs maded by those sell outs in white suits.

Wait until the weather gets cold and the snow falls.
Your options will be...
1. Snuggle up under a tree knowing it can only last 3 months.
2. Snuggle up under a bridge made by a bunch of men who sold out their soles to feed their kids.
3. Go back to mama's house heated by fuels that destroy the ecology of the planet.

Stop sniveling. Grow up. It's every humans job to provide for themselves. That means some sort of work. Go kill a buffalo and cut it up. Or get a job at the quick mart. It's your choiice.

Your parents provided for you up to the age of majority. Now you are on your own. Provide for yourself by what ever means makes you feel good. But don't steal from others because society has ways to deal with crime that is certain to go against your beliefs.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Thank you. It's good to know people understand. I think you're absolutely right on.

I don't understand it when older people tell me "Yeah, life sucks, but you just gotta do it. You HAVE to."

I'll say, "Yeah, you have to make a living, but why be miserable? Isn't there any better way to do it?"

They look at me like I'm a f***ing alien.

Anyway, God bless

And don't you give up either, ya hear?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm chiming in to say I like very much that you are thinking this way at your age! I think it's a good sign that younger people 'get it' and see the problems we all have with the way our society is structured. It's not whining. And it isn't exactly gonna change anything if she just sighs and gets a McJob and gives up on doing anything meaningful, is it?

But we are fish swimming in a dirty pond. Maybe a bad analogy, but whatever... We can just go belly up with all the other fish, or swim away from the worst pollution.

You do have choices within the rubric of the mess our society offers.

First, define what is important to you. Head that direction. Define what is not important, and more importantly, what is destructive. Avoid.

I feel like you do. Your words could have been mine, The difference is that I'm 60, and it took me a lot of decades to get to this point. My name on here refers to what we have begun to do - opt out. If it isn't relevant to how we wish to live, we just slowly disengage. We cannot make it go away, but we surely can choose to use our time to build, rather than to do things that feed the machine we hate. Here are a few things we have implemented in our lives:

We haven't had TV in this house for years and years. We don't miss it.

We grow our own vegetables, and are getting better at it as years go by. I start them from saved seeds. We use no chemicals. Our food is very clean. We live on a small plot of land in town, by the way. No farm here.

I can, preserve and dry a lot of food for the winter.

We almost never eat out, not because we can't afford it, but because we like the freshness of our food at home better.

We have fluoride in our water supply, so we filter it and I'm actively trying to get the city to remove it. They are listening, and seem open to this idea.

We don't go to movies. We don't care about gossiping about movie star's love lives.

We are supremely disinterested in the politics of this election. We ARE interested in local issues, but the national ones are so corrupt, no ones vote will change the outcome. We're not playing.

We have learned not to confuse wants with needs, and are pretty frugal. We refuse to go into debt for 'stuff.'

We don't buy factory foods, any Monsanto products, or get vaccinated.

Etc, etc. You do have choices, even within the dirty pond.

You still have to pay taxes. You still need some form of income. And sometimes, it sucks that you have to do a job that isn't fulfilling to put food on the table. However, it isn't inevitable that you must work like a slave for the rest of your life doing soul-sucking jobs that are meaningless. Find a meaningful path, and don't let pressures from society make you lose your idealism.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Honestly, I've considered that life style too... but decided against it, mainly for the reasons you listed.

I have said numerous times now, I DO work. I DO provide. But, My work life will have to upgrade soon, and I can't go on doing things as I do now. It doesn't bring in enough. And I can't leave my environment either.

I really think that a lot of you don't understand what I'm getting at.

I want to function in society--in a city, for the time being anyway--without selling my soul, and taking enough money to hold a home down. That's hard to do.
edit on 30-8-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: of a typo

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Only one way to counter it

Do it differently with your own kids.

See the mistakes, don't buy into the bs, you have one life to live do what you LOVE irregardless of Money, likely you'll find you end up with more than you;d have had otherwise anyway. Never give up too much time to the machine there isn't anything you need.

The MOST important thing is to stay YOUNG, the brain is plastic, and plastic hardens when you allow your self to be controlled too deeply when you follow the same pattern every day, never give up listening to new Music, get exercise every day, never ever take a job that doesn't allow you to have those things, you might miss things you want that way but you'll miss your Knees a lot more if you do. learn from the young as you get old more than you try to teach them they will help you remember the things you forget that really matter. Life will damage you and traumatize you the person to hold on to most is YOU as you were when you were 13, that's the real you the you before the scars and that's the only person that can heal those scars.

Remember that babies put into incubators who aren't touched grow slower, get sick and die, the best way to stay young is to touch and smile, never do so much work that your so tired that a portion of your day isn't laughing and hugging or you too will grow old and die young. Always hold your children and never miss a day for any reason.

When you miss some THING remember that when you were 5 and your parents bought you a 500.00 toy you played with box instead half the day, some days when your done with work The floor is Lava and the Tent you make from the bed sheets is more valuable than a trip to Hawaii

Spend time in nature every week and make sure your kids do too when everything is away and your happy it reminds you that everything is Internal and nothing external has any real worth Nature is filled with Science and curiosity and Science is the study of the language of God

Learn a language when your bored it will prevent Alzheimers, learn a dead language when your really bored and you'll understand every lie ever told to you, don't lie. The worst lies are lying to yourself, eventually those you Love will be let down and your kids wont respect you, it's easier to Love a human with faults than a phony with faults and your kids will copy you if you do and be without love also. Without Love you will become what you hate one day.

taking the time to Play with your children allows you to be 3 or 6 or 11 anytime you want, it's worth more than a jungle gym a big house or a car. people who walk never get sick, if you can jump of a swing at full height and full speed in the park when your my age your doing it Correctly.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

I think you misinterpreted my statements. Please let me clarify.

I've never put work ahead of family. My family always has and always will be the number one priority in my life. They come first. Period. This includes my time. I am not a workaholic who ignores his kids in the pursuit of money. If any member of my family needs me, I am there, no questions asked and no worries for the fallout.

My parents divorced when I was young and my mother had a very Bohemian mentality. I went from upper middle classed to dirt poor. If you ask her about that period she will wax melancholy and talk about how free she was and how wonderful the world was back then. From my POV? I had to fight in school because the other kids mocked me for being poor and for having second hand clothing. At eleven I started delivering papers for money. At fourteen I began washing dishes, full time, after school... just to put food on the table for my younger sister and I.... All while Mom lived the dream of personal freedom.

I think this is probably why I ( as somewhat suggested in a previous post ) went through such a rowdy and disenfranchised phase in my later teen years.

So, yes, nice things are important to me and I want those things for my family. My kids never suffered poverty and they never knew the pain of being ostracized or mocked over it. They were not spoiled but they had enough.

If you can't relate, then maybe that speaks volumes also. If you're kids are happy then that's awesome. But if you're like my mother was, thinking they're fine when they aren't?

Not accusing, just saying sometimes our perspective is not the same as those around us might have.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Okay... you're awesome.

I think it's awesome you can still live that way, too. I can't even imagine living without all my friends' tvs and stuff, and we live in an apartment. We couldn't make our own food if we tried. We want to learn to hunt, but there's nowhere to hunt out here. I really want to be self sufficient like that, but this city eats people alive. We barely make enough to buy one meal at a time from Kroger.

Your post made me happy, though. God bless

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hear hear!!

I couldn't have said it/asked it my self any better.

The adults I know don't sit well with my political views and ideologly, they are happy to sell out, well most of them.

Lolz, I say adults, when I'm a young adult, just like your self.

I hate the fact there is no where, and no way in this country to be trully free from "selling out".

I don't agree with half the laws and procedures I have to abide to, people say change it then... How exactly? I'm doing all I can, I practice what I preach, I go to my protests.. But the only way that will make change, is if we *all* move together.

Its no good my uncle telling me to shut up and deal with it.

He'd happily see me, get an education, go to work, marry, and live life as a pensioner..

But there's sooo much more to life!!

I scraping, and working my butt off, to try and keep a roof over my head (that I havn't actually got).. Between work and sleep, where's my life?!?! Whtat? 3 hours a day to watch TV? I don't think so, that's not the life I want, I want to travel, and exsperience everything this planet has to offer..

At this rate, ill be lucky to go abroad for one week after 12 months of saving the little pennies I might have spare after paying for necessities.

I don't want to buy into the banking system, yet work will not pay me cash, and my bill companies won't accept cash. I don't want to vote for either of our 3 parties, and yet, the others don't count.

I don't particularily want to work for the government, as I see them taking the piss out of people all day long in my job role, and yet the alternative is to be jobless..

I don't want to pay the food companies, and yet I can't afford organic,
I don't want to pay the big pharmas, yet their vaccines are required!!

Etc etc etc.

Give it 30 years and the old hogwash, let-it-continue oldies will have retired, then its time for our generation to take over!!

Or at least the half that aren't brainwashed materialistic zombies anyway!

But that said, even the elites of our age group are trained to shackle us!

Have hope, and practice what you preach, its all we can do!

SnF
edit on 30-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

this is exactly what we have to do ..to get away from the "system"...however i live in the city and the closest "off grid" land is about 400 miles from where i live, so at the moment it is almost impossible to accomplish this with a wife and 2 kids....if i was single however i would have probably be living in a conversion van, somewhere by the beach just fishing and living the life...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I agree, and everything you said was beautiful. But, I don't have kids, and honestly I wasn't planning to... the thought of bringing kids into a world like this scares the hell outta me

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You may want to consider "selling out" for a bit untill you find the thing you want to do.

I the least it will give you the cash you need for your move and having a steady job can only help in your legal battle for your siblings.

I think we are all slaves to the system it is by design. 2012 we hope for the new begining or the end of the way thigs are.

Even a slave to the system can still work good will to others around them.

I think life is about learning to handle what you are given to deal with.

So I just always try to treat people how I would like them to treat me.

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Right ON! It's like I'm talkin to myself in a mirror.

Love your pic btw, it reminds me of me

We'll find a loophole or two, long as we do like you said. Keep hope and press on!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Hey there, I do get how you feel, I have been there. The world is not only black, though, evil is here so we can appreciate good, so that we can grow. It is true we are bombarded with advertising, we are being pressured by society to fit into certain frames, etc., but we always have a CHOICE. We have a choice to stay AWARE, to be aware of each and every thought we have - is it ours, or is it instilled on us; we can be aware of each and every action we take. And we can make the choice to see the good that surrounds us, no matter how small it is. So, here is what you can change - you can change yourself. Even it looks like this will make a small difference, it will actually make a huge one, because you will influence so many people with your thoughts and actions (starting with your family). Being aware of the bad things in the world, doesn't mean you should let anger grow inside of you... It means you can acknowledge them and be the difference. Later on, you will see that life will present you with a chance to influence more people in a positive way.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I think you misinterpreted my statements. Please let me clarify.

I've never put work ahead of family. My family always has and always will be the number one priority in my life. They come first. Period. This includes my time. I am not a workaholic who ignores his kids in the pursuit of money. If any member of my family needs me, I am there, no questions asked and no worries for the fallout.

My parents divorced when I was young and my mother had a very Bohemian mentality. I went from upper middle classed to dirt poor. If you ask her about that period she will wax melancholy and talk about how free she was and how wonderful the world was back then. From my POV? I had to fight in school because the other kids mocked me for being poor and for having second hand clothing. At eleven I started delivering papers for money. At fourteen I began washing dishes, full time, after school... just to put food on the table for my younger sister and I.... All while Mom lived the dream of personal freedom.

I think this is probably why I ( as somewhat suggested in a previous post ) went through such a rowdy and disenfranchised phase in my later teen years.

So, yes, nice things are important to me and I want those things for my family. My kids never suffered poverty and they never knew the pain of being ostracized or mocked over it. They were not spoiled but they had enough.

If you can't relate, then maybe that speaks volumes also. If you're kids are happy then that's awesome. But if you're like my mother was, thinking they're fine when they aren't?

Not accusing, just saying sometimes our perspective is not the same as those around us might have.

~Heff

You know... my own story isn't that dissimilar, I was a poor kid too and yeah at points I had those moments growing up, I was working at 12 you have a year and a half or so on me from the sound of it on that one, I definitely went through a stage where I "rebelled" for lack of a better word and it definitely cost me.

My parents while far from Bohemian gave me all the "coping mechanism" spews to try and help me rationalize it

I've had friends from the Bohemian sect too though with similar situations and what I think the real problem there and with my own parents was that they (in my case) and i'd wager a guess yours as well in the end had Low self esteem which was passed on.

People have coping mechanisms...this is hard to explain... the lack of Money by itself isn't enough. The REAL things i think that determine if you go through that isn't what you Have, it's WHO YOU ARE

My parents were poor... but they also didn't read, they didn't exercise, they didn't Play not in a child like way at least, learning was over for the most part once school was. And those things weren't passed on to me just the low self esteem

My kids have had periods where I didn't have squat or much to give...

But I WAS and AM somebody and I share that with my children, in my Time,they received huge educations... where my parents took me nowhere because they couldn't "get a hotel" or whatever I picked my kids up and gave them experiences even if they were poor, my kids have books everywhere and internet at all times even if i couldn't afford it so they communicate and were socially ahead of the pack. I keep animals, I have hobbies, I show them my favorite movies and shield them from nothing from a very early age.

The thing is ... I discarded the Trauma, I don't care so they don't care

where I did take abuse in school, my kids are cool... My son has hundreds of friends on his facebook, every girl wants to date him, he's 13 the age at which for me it was the worst, yet his mom and i are divorced (she doesn't work) so even though I do well and send more child support than any guy i know, he has less than many of the other children...yet because he IS someone, none of those things that happened to me exist for him

The thing is, learning to sing and play an instrument is relatively free, books and knowledge are also basically free, art, photography going places just costs gas... and when the Kid has Self Esteem none of that goes on even in this crazy materialistic society, BEING is very important

Bohemians to me seem to spend a lot of time rationalizing their poverty filling the void selfishly, so d the religious which was my parents way...

Poverty though can be Tool...a tool to BE... IF you don't feel bad about it.

It's sort of like the old show Babylon five, there were two races the good Vorlon asked "Who are You" the bad the Shadows asked "What do you want"

Being poor is a curse if you spend your days asking "what do I want" being poor can be a valuable thing if you ask "who am I" and then go about Becoming and being

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The s**t is true, but you can't let it make you afraid. A life well lived is the best middle finger, even when you don't have a lot.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

excellent thread here....we're plowing deep
now here it is...op , you're as good as they get. you have it well analyzed, but you won't see what I'll post here in a second... till the spirit comes alive in your thoughts. life is supposed to be a pointless mystery in the worldly view and the sorrow and struggle get old, in fact , the sorrow and worry p me off.
so, once you get mad, you are ready to getabove it, but it won't go away, just gets lifted off your shoulders. we "give the hurt away".
it's all been written about long ago, and you don't have to put up with troubles much longer. the bible has Jesus saying His burden is light and His yoke is easy, that addressing exactly what you are. and I'm saying you are way above average for smarts. that book, basic instructions before leaving earth even says we are supposed to hate this life....meaning this worldly way....which really sucks....so you don't have to do anything different when following that books relationship with Jesus....or Yahushua...who is the creator of this world Himself, in actuality....but the crap goes away as soon as you talk to Him.....and He will talk back to you.... and here's the best part....life gets easier and meaning....like a....wayyy easier, to the point of SUPERNATURAL help....isn't that what you want.....supernatural ....like majic.....helper for every minute

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join