It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Claim to Take Over Chemical Weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

www.israelnationalnews.com

The Supreme Military Council of the Syrian rebels released on a statement on Tuesday which said that the rebel forces took control of an army missile base in Damascus, in which ten ready-to-launch missiles were found. Some of the missiles, according to the statement, were converted to carry non-conventional warheads.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Syria: The Real Situation
The War has Become a Freakin Video Game for the US
Syria conflict: West 'blackmailing' Russia on sanctions
World War about to Erupt in Syria

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Their war has become so predictable
they dont even hide the fact that they are about to
bomb the crap out of Syria and Iran anymore
they are waiting for the trigger (chemical false flag attack in Syria)
why would they risk a world war with Russia and China ?
the only ones that are capable to defeat the US !
the elites are risking everyone lifes .. including Israeli citizens

if the FSA really has capture chemical weapons
they will use it on civilians and accuse it on Assad
then all the US,UK,France and Turkey troops will finish the rest .. the FSA was the first line of attack
they had to make it look like a revolution
to sell the war to the people and MSM

S is about to HTF pretty soon
its in the air everywhere

Rest of the Article :

“During the successful operation, the operatives of the Free Syrian Army found a large number of rockets ready for launching, with enormous destructive capability, and they were very surprised to find missiles that were converted to carry non-conventional warheads and which can be equipped with chemical or biological warheads,” said the statement which was translated by Arab affairs expert Dalit Halevi.

The Supreme Military Council of the rebels went on to claim that it had confirmed the report by examining photographic documentation of the scene.

The Council warned that these facts indicate that the Assad regime is getting ready to bomb cities in Syria using these missiles, and the possibility that he will use missiles with unconventional warheads cannot be ruled out.

The Council called on Arab countries and the international community to immediately intervene in order to protect the lives of the Syrian people “before the regime moves to a new level of crimes, which will have tragic consequences for the entire region.”

On Monday, French President Francois Holllande warned that any use of chemical weapons by Syria would be sufficient reason for Western countries to intervene in Syria.

Hollande said that France was working along with several other countries to create a protective zone around Syria, to be in position to move in if necessary.

A similar warning was made last week by U.S. President Barack Obama, who said that President Bashar al-Assad should heed U.S. warnings to neither use nor move chemical or biological weapons.

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
So now that we have this article
claiming that the FSA have 10 chemical warhead
if you hear in the news that Assad has finaly used its Chemical weapons on its people
remember this article
but im surprise the chemical weapons are not protected anymore
doesnt make sense .. and Assad just say that his army has win many battle with the FSA

the question now .. maybe its not Assad chemical weapon after all
but somebody surely brought some and then accuse Assad
so Nato can intervene and look like a savior

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
So now that we have this article
claiming that the FSA have 10 chemical warhead

No...

That's not what it said.

they were very surprised to find missiles that were converted to carry non-conventional warheads and which can be equipped with chemical or biological warheads,”

"can be equipped with chemical or biological warheads,”

Is not the same as having 10 Chemical warheads.......

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Star and flag for this find. Im a feeling those naughty rebels might just use these warheads in the near future. Then blame it on Assad. Where did these weapons come from anyway. I really dont think Assad would let these weapons full into there hands. Im praying for peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi Sla

let me remind you the title

try to twist that

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I know what the title states but, have you actually read the article?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Really interseting reading.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Star and flag for this find. Im a feeling those naughty rebels might just use these warheads in the near future. Then blame it on Assad. Where did these weapons come from anyway. I really dont think Assad would let these weapons full into there hands. Im praying for peace.

Your right about how those sorts of weapons can fall into the oppositions hands so easily.. But as the above poster made quiet clear, the weapons do not have chemical warheads. They are missiles which can be used as chemical weapons when a warhead is installed. Never the less, this is dangerous.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Firstly, can we believe these ersatz Syrian patriots?
The FSA is not the most reliable source......
Secondly, the warheads with chemicals or bio matter, were not installeed, nor found at the site by the sound of it.
Therefore we must assume that they are stashed somewhere else .....thus still "safe".
Should Assad transfer any chemical weapons to hezbollah, Isreal will bomb the # out of Syria, and hezbollah.....that simple.
Nobody is going to fool around with the people who come up with these weapons....thery will be destroyed immediately, and id bet theres more thaan one squadron of aircraft tasked with such a plan....
The Location of these weapons is all thats needed for it ........
This is the real beginning of the intervention phase .....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Ben81

I know what the title states but, have you actually read the article?

Yes .. it is full of bullcrap like all other articles
but they didnt had time to reajust the title or what ?

why saying in the title that the rebel now control chemical weapons
but then try to downplay it that they are just empty missile that can be loaded with chemical

they are becoming less focus .. making mistakes when reporting their false news
something is in the air

the truth is coming out all by itself
that they will soon do a chemical attack and accuse Assad with it
like the houla massacre but in worst
edit on 8/30/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

With all the advanced militaries in that region, if anyone fired a SCUD, Grad or Katusa rocket, others would know where it was launched from. Point of origin would make a false flag hard to hold water.

If the FSA actually had chem-bio weapons, they may fire them at Israel just to further muddy the waters. All hell would break loose then.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That's awesome, now AL-CIA DUH will soon have control over the chem weapons!

Now we can enter Phase 2 - use those weapons against Syrian citizens and blame it on Assad's troops.

Yay war!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

When they said "converted to carry non-conventional warhead". You know it's a load of crap.

Not that I've designed any missiles or warheads, but I know if I do. I'd design a missile to carry a load, and that load would fit into a department. It isn't my missile that defines what the payload, it is the payload that defines what missile it fits in.

In other words, the statement is BS.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
If the FSA actually had chem-bio weapons, they may fire them at Israel just to further muddy the waters. All hell would break loose then.

I don't believe that's going to happen.

My personal belief, is that "Israel" is right ... but I also believe, that Israel doesn't know all that is at the stakes here. For what it's worth, Iran is the big culprit, in my view. The rebels are muslim extremists, that reply to Iran, or Saudi.

And if we look at the middle-east now, we see that all the "dictators" in the middle-east are gone. Except for Saudi-Arabia, who are the most fundamentalist of the all. And, the real "money behind the curtains". And Iran, and even if the west talks big about Iran, it's not doing anything. However, you must look at the common factor behind all the players that have been taken out. From Arafat, to Saddam, to Assad, to Ghaddafi ... what is the common factor. That they were dictators? like the Saudi, or Kuwaitis? No ... the only factor that is common with them, is that they all "opposed" Israel in the beginning, and in the end, they all bowed to western pressure and "accepted" Israel.

And the fact, that western nations are "supporting" the Rebels, is a serious reason for Israel to feel a cold surge down it's spine.

If they have any wits, that is ...

Of course, it's not an entirely out of the question, idea, that the West + Israel, are waiting for the Rebels to "defeat" the old dogs, in the middle-east. And then, when that's done ... they'll attack Iran, intending to take of the "snakes head". Although, I don't think that's gonna happen ... it would be a tactical error, to wait until the enemy was it's strongest. The only conclusion is, that the west doesn't intend to do anything about Iran ...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Maybe they could just sell them to another faction to fund their own activities then? Personnaly, I think that if the FSA were to obtain chem-bio weapons, they wouldn't use a missile, but rather a truck (Think suicide bomber).

It's more under the radar.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Propaganda is designed specifically to influence opinion.

This 'influence' has become rather ham-handed as they objectives are becoming more difficult to achieve.

The author of the article can make no claim that rebel forces have captured chemical weapons, but the editorial title clearly implies that is what happened.

Do we really need to imagine why this title was crafted as it was?

There are those in the world who are conditioned to trust only the sources of information they find most useful to confirm or reinforce their biases. For them, this 'title' will be used as "proof" of something that does not equate with the facts (or at the very least it will help cause the fear they need their audience to have.)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I question.....

Why would the rebels declare openly that they have captured Chemical weapons if they were planning to use them in some sort of secret False Flag operation to provoke the West into direct confrontation?

The more I read these types of scenarios the more I question who is putting out this Bull and why? One could argue that Assad and his supporters are grasping at straws here.

I guess only time will tell.....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Forgive me but i always write off any source which uses the word "Israel" in its description or URL when it comes to matters in the Middle East. Are there any reputable sources?

This is serious, IF it is true then action by the west is almost inevitable. Not before time, Assad needs to be strung up.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

My personal belief, is that "Israel" is right

Whaat whahaaa, how?

Iran is the big culprit, in my view. The rebels are muslim extremists, that reply to Iran, or Saudi.

Seriously?? You think these rebels are allied with IRAN? wahahah
Maybe Saudi, I won't deny that. But IRAN? honestly? There is literally no way that's possible.

And the fact, that western nations are "supporting" the Rebels, is a serious reason for Israel to feel a cold surge down it's spine.

ISRAEL IS A WESTERN ALLIED NATION. They are in on this!!!!!

The only conclusion is, that the west doesn't intend to do anything about Iran ...

The reason they are in Syria supporting foreign terrorist proxy's is to attack Iran lol.
edit on 30-8-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join