It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you're being abducted by Aliens?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I was under the impression that they can knock out nukes and electronics at will usually during their presence so i really do not see how this would help..

This idea is not new or clever... it was an obvious one but they seem to screw with electronics.

at most it would just mark when the even happened and how long it lasted but i doubt you would find out if the person was taken anywhere.
edit on 31-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

However, I've never ever seen a UFO or anything that wasn't identifiable.

Uh, then they weren't UnidentifiedFOs, were they?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
Weren't there loads of people being abducted in Nome, Alaska? That would be a good place to put GPS on the whole town if it's still being reported. It's a good idea though, to have people who are claiming abduction to wear something at all times.

The Nome, Alaska abductions are a myth perpetuated specifically for the purpose of promoting the fictional movie The Fourth Kind

Originally posted by votan

I was under the impression that they can knock out nukes and electronics at will usually during their presence so i really do not see how this would help..

This idea is not new or clever... it was an obvious one but they seem to screw with electronics.

at most it would just mark when the even happened and how long it lasted but i doubt you would find out if the person was taken anywhere.

We, regular every day humans also have the capability to block GPS with RF jammers.
Here's one Full Band jammer; great for movie theaters

It's certainly a concern in regard to the mythology associated with the abduction phenomenon, but, it's also entirely defeatist and apathetic to not even try.

Consider this; if aliens are indeed abducting people, regardless of how advanced any might think they are, the aliens have already displayed how stupid they are in making repeated mistakes just from the very point that we know about them! If they did their job properly, absolutely no one would remember abduction experiences. If one subscribes to the alien visitation mythology, then, they've been here thousands of years, so, there's no excuse for not working out the kinks for remaining hidden and perfecting memory wipes.

Thus, from the perspective that we even know about them (if the whole phenomenon isn't simply psychological) due their complete stupidity and negligence in actually doing their job, then it's entirely feasible were someone to wear a GPS tracker that this same negligence and stupidity could let slip some tracking data.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You think you are being abducted by aliens? Then, why not put yourself on GPS monitoring?

Because there is no way, no possible way, an alien would be able to detect this absurd idea and disable it?

No way. lol

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As stated before:

Entertaining the idea aliens are indeed abducting people, regardless of how advanced anyone might think they are, the aliens have already displayed how totally incompetent they are through repeated mistakes just from the very point that we know about them!

If they did their job properly, and weren't so incompetent, absolutely no one would remember abduction experiences. If one subscribes to the alien visitation mythology, then, they've been here thousands of years, so in entertaining that, there's no excuse for farcical incompetence displayed in allowing abductees to remember when such apparent caution has been taken in attempt to cause forgetfulness.

Thus, from the perspective that we even know about them (if the whole phenomenon isn't simply psychological) due their complete stupidity and total incompetence in actually doing their job effectively, then it's entirely feasible were someone to wear a GPS tracker that this same trend of complete incompetence and stupidity could let slip some tracking data.

If aliens are so advanced as people are so want to argue, then certainly they wouldn't be so totally incompetent when it comes to actually doing their jobs and making people forget properly.

Consistency of incompetence would thus give credence to possibility of success, even if possibility is small.

Lastly, those claiming physical abductions may not be experiencing abductions by aliens, but, abductions of a more terrestrial nature, as unwitting test subjects of human government black ops programs (if, that is, this entire phenomenon is not just psychological).
Since alien existence is yet to be conclusively proven, it's then just as likely that people from Hollow Earth, the Government, Nazis from the Moon, or any other fanciful agency frolicking in the fields of any given conspiracy theory may be at work whereby arguing about unquantifiable levels of technology in comparison to our own is entirely pointless since there's no real measure to gauge the quantity value of variable X for the level, sophistication, and ability of technologies, if technologies are in use at all, by any agency real or imagined.

Thus, again, and again, and again, we see the predictable exercise and employment of excuses, and apathy, one following the other, over and over in an endless circle of pitiful self defeat.

Finally, again, as I keep repeating, the OP statement is informational for those that wish to employ themselves in actually taking control and trying something as opposed to doing nothing.
Doing nothing to stop something while expecting and hoping it to stop is certainly non-productive.
Doing something, regardless of how seemingly far fetched it may be to effect change is at least an employment of free will to effect change, regardless of whether effects are successful or not.

If we only ever try something once, and then just give up if the results aren't as desired, we learn nothing. If we don't try at all, then, such is certainly an embrace of ignorance.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I know this is a short question, but excuse me. How do you know?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I know this is a short question, but excuse me. How do you know?

You may need to expand on that question as I don't understand what you're specifically asking. Who are you asking the question to, and what is the subject of the question?

Example 1: Druscilla; How do you know about GPS devices?
Example 2: Druscilla; How do you know this suggestion regarding GPS will work?

edit on 31-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

That data could potentially clear up a lot of skeptics

Aliens don't exist anywaY so we will never actually see any genuine data

If we do I will eat my words

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

That data could potentially clear up a lot of skeptics

Aliens don't exist anywaY so we will never actually see any genuine data

If we do I will eat my words

I too will be extremely happy to be proven in error regarding my stance that the abduction phenomenon is largely Psychological.
Having actual proof of error is a wonderful thing, especially as how it applies to criticism and skeptical speculation regarding the UFO and Aliens topic.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The seeming paradox of abductions is maybe not so much of a paradox as many would think. There is, a wholly cogent argument that runs thus. To be sentient one cannot simply tamper wholesale with memory, one can plant false memories that can seem real however, you simply cannot remove memories ad hoc, without severely affecting the the ability of a human brain to work properly or coherently for very long. Essentially, what marks us from other creatures on this world, as far as we can tell is that, we reflect, and that reflection on previous thoughts is the essential key to us functioning as "intelligent and aware" creatures. To hamstring any part of that ability to reflect is to therefore destroy the whole machine, if not quickly by measures to the point it ceases to function as "intelligent"

To that end, if we accept the abduction scenario, then we have to accept that there cannot be a wholesale "wiping of the memory" as it would eventually destroy the actual abductees ability to function at all.

In fact, I believe it was in the book "Genisis" that it was postulated that the following might have happened. That humans were "engineered" as biobots to work for another species and that. In order to work in places such as mines and other dangerous occupations then we had to be sentient to stop us from simply doing stupid things and killing ourselves wholesale and in doing so, also wreck the places we were constructed to work in. The problem being that, sooner or later, any biobot that is self aware enough to look after themselves cannot fail to develop to a point where they also seek other forms of expression and develop the concept of individual freedom.

Now, I'm not saying the story is true however, the logic behind the idea of "self realisation" is perfectly logical. It;'s not really been mentioned before however time to bring up MK Ultra... Now that is a classic case. The original intent was to produce a soporific effect and destroy the will of soldiers to fight and make populations "open to suggestion". The result actually was, many of its' leading lights went native and the spooks managed to create a vast "enemy within", one that has not only stuck around rather, grown and become ever more pervasive throughout this world.

The oldest adage in Witchcraft says.... "Be careful what you wish for, you might just receive it"

Consider this, you can steer people you however, cannot push them beyond s certain base level of their deep held core ie, you cannot turn a genuine pacifist into a "Manchurian candidate" without collapsing their whole psyche and driving them mad/.. If you could, then we could consign every premeditated murderer to the "nuthouse". The reason we don't, is because, we actually know, killing another human is something a huge swathe of us could actually do, in the right circumstances. Ergo, to pronounce all premeditated murder equals "madness" we, in one fell swoop, declare all wars to be legally mad and by dint of that, anyone starting one, or taking part in one therefore legally insane and let's be honest, we ain't about to do that are we?
edit on 31-8-2012 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I know that this will sound funny, but this is how it is. I lost memory all thru 1-8. It is understandable to loose or don't know ,because your brain is developing, but at the age of 8, WTF. As a child i underwent several operations because i had a cleff pallet and all who had this, will understand. I am still curious about the lines on my head. I figured that they were blood vessals that collapsed, but they are at wierd angles thruout my head. You can litterally feel them. I was wondering, when undergoing cleff pallet sergery, do they use skin on your head as a graph? If so, thanks. I am also plauged with a bad heart and i am diagnosed with hypertrophic cardio myapathy. I have several people who confirmed this and they all have the same conclusion. Upon knowing this, i lost over 40 pounds in a span of 2 years. Feeling better and more mobile unlike when i weighed 215 pounds. I am 5 foot 6. and my docs says i should weigh between 155-165 for my height. I feel much beter now that i lost the weight, but curios about the lines on my head.
I have researched children with this, but i do not know why i have a lost memory. When i was graduating from hs i also have a lapse of memory. WHY? This is so confusing, along with a family history that is sooo f# blank. My dad who went to the south pole, his half brother who designed seti along with many others. People in the PAST have came and visited my father who is past away, he talked to me about these visits. This was about 1980 when he visited and apparently even before then. I remember a family photo with gene, they go by so many names and military codes i'm confused. He died of cancer, and left all the stuff to my father, who last year, died and i have those files. some of the files i feel like i should burn them, they have no real sigificance to life. What i find funny is that the hardware is so outdated, but the tech. is so way out there. sometimes i get so f# drunk, i don't want to remember. I remember this older man pulled up in a mercedese wearing a huge diamond gold ring with symbols on it. Who he is, i don't know. It really doesn't mean anything to me because all i thought he wanted was sho. what he said i did not get all. I was ten, and he said to me that magnets. Learn about magnets. Me, i went and got the speaker magnets and played with them. i never heard the full conversation. Later, i asked my father, who is he. He replied he does not know. WHO THE F# IS THIS MAN?
I find it funny, because he arrived just before the family reunion. A black mercedes, wearing a big gold ring that had symbols on it.Who the f# is this mystery man and what does this have to do with my family. I find it also funny that my mother had to get a social security no# when she was younger and she too died at the age of 82 , who NEVER revealed any of past.WHY? I have always lived in a disfunctional family. Still don't understand why us two children have the grace of. I am still confused, All i have to say is, WHY ME? WTF. , i don't understnd. People searching for this thing, this particle, there are many and they all have a purpose. The earth is under a vibration. Bio engineering, robotics, and you will see, they will figure out. That is, the next step, mr. gov, man. and you cannot control that. you ask, how can u traverse time, a human soul cannot do this, but a robot can. remote view, ask and you will learn. just ask one, or many questions, i will give you the answers.go ahead, test it. yeah, i
drunk. whatever. oh, by the way this is a short window. see you in 15 min.
hunanity is f#
all i want to do, is give this thing away.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I want a full memory eraser.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Regarding memory and forgetting, I'm not sure if you may be familiar with this news, but, research suggests it's quite very possible to have a Forgetting Pill

The link is a 5 page paper in Wired Magazine exploring the possibility.

Now, back to the whole "If aliens are so advanced ..." flaw in reasoning; if regular old terrestrial humans are on the cusp of developing a forgetting pill, where aliens are so advanced, then, what's their problem?
Why are they so totally incompetent at hiding, staying hidden, and covering their tracks if they're supposed to be so advanced?

Lights on their little space ships and conspicuous enigmatic displays in the sky? That's not stealthy at all.

Of course, a flaw in this reasoning is that the reasoning is made from a human perspective where the perspective is anthropomorphisizing the motivation, intent and psychology of something 'alien' that is yet to even be proved as real.

Still, the question sits; Why so stealthy, yet so apparently incompetent?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I don't care, all i want is the eraser of.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Interesting article although the idea "methadone" is the best cure for heroin addiction is laughably wrong and scientifically totally naive. In fact, the article starts off by promising you will be able to "forget" and wanders into actually saying, by feeling good as you remember something nasty, it ceases to be nasty and it ceases to be an issue or trigger for PTSD. Plus, we don't have a clue what the "drug" actually did to the rats in the real world, the article admits that itself. So I don't really see anything there to contradict what I posted.

We already have a drug that "shuts down memory" and it was seen as the wonder drug for so many psychological ailments. It's called '___' and it works, not by opening new pathways rather, closing pathways down so we return to a state more akin to being a child. That is, '___' disrupts our memories that make up our experience we, in effect, have learn many simple tasks again whilst under its' influence.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Yes, I don't understand the point in that article going into such detail regarding the CISD process.
It really should of focused more on the mechanics behind memory formation between short and long term as well as the process of retrieving memories in comparison to such relevant topics and studies regarding amnesia, recovery from amnesia, non-recovery from amnesia, as well as case studies in examination of people who are incapable of forming long-term memories (movie 50 First Dates would be an example).

I meant the article as an illustration of research in the direction of specified memory 'wiping', but, I suppose the illustration failed in that purpose.

In regard to the chemical substance you mentioned, there's a certain problem with, erm, side effects.
Additionally, as far as memory suppression goes, I don't recall mention of memory effects being one of the main articles especially in consideration of participants being capable of relating their 'trips' in lurid detail.
Alcohol related blackouts I would think might garner closer attention than the substance you mentioned.

Whatever the case, we're on the heels of memory suppression, and are already quite well practiced in false memory implantation through some certain techniques.
In that we're already adept at false memory implantation, at the very least, any foreign agency that could theoretically be abducting people should certainly, if as advanced as many like to imagine have more success with false memories of 'dreams' as opposed to attempting to block out, suppress or wipe memory formation of the abduction event.
Further, with what we know regarding memory formation, we can, given preparation, artificially suppress the formation of new memories by preventing long term memories from being formed beyond short term for any given time under clinical controlled conditions.
If we can do this, why not the aliens? It reeks of incompetence.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ahh no, with '___', whilst under it's influence, it blocks the pathways in the brain that hold your experience. That is, how to make a cup of tea? I've made tea 1000s of times and all of a sudden I can't actually figure out the proper interface between these things I'm sure are teabags, hot water and a teapot.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
god give me strenth so that i can fortget
so that life will be.

Ya' better believe it, buddy, well said.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

Ahh no, with '___', whilst under it's influence, it blocks the pathways in the brain that hold your experience. That is, how to make a cup of tea? I've made tea 1000s of times and all of a sudden I can't actually figure out the proper interface between these things I'm sure are teabags, hot water and a teapot.
I disagree. Its not that you forgot how to make tea, its that you cant make tea while things are melting and glistening around you. making tea would seem absurd dumping leaves in hot water and drinking dirty water? Then it would be more interesting to look at the designs on the cup. I tried to play chess but the pieces kept moving on their own. But remember all of it.

interestingly, Hydergine is a prescription memory enhancing drug derived from ergot. '___' is also derived from ergot.

anyway, I think the aliens got it wrong since the encounters resemble psychedelic experiences.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join