It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you're being abducted by Aliens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Here is a thought I had last night but wasn't able to post till today. Is it possible the aliens could be abducting the astral body of these abductees? Of course I'm not sure how that would explain physical marks and requires an acceptance that there is such a thing as as astral body.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

Just noticed your video clip. The Jimi Hendix Experience...interesting parallels between the experiences. But did you know he was totally into Aliens and UFO's? There are lots of stories how he could summon them with his gee-tar. I wonder if....no...they didn't do psychedelics back in the late 60's....even so that doesn't explain the multiple witness sightings.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

Here is a thought I had last night but wasn't able to post till today. Is it possible the aliens could be abducting the astral body of these abductees? Of course I'm not sure how that would explain physical marks and requires an acceptance that there is such a thing as as astral body.
No, no....you have mistaken me for something else. I'm of the school of thought that we make up our own reality and that the neurotransmitter thingies....

yes it is possible. I would say it is more likely that aliens are abducting our hallucinations and having their way with them.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by DARREN1976
Probably some sort of phsychological block that their subconcious throws up, make an excuse, so the experiences dont cease, as their subconcious doesnt want to feel lonely, and subconciously they probably feel special as they are being singled out for experimenting and it makes them feel special.

Interesting. Kind of like being in a disfunctional relationship? There is always an excuse as to why people just don't leave. ...or I know I should apply for that job but it won't matter because (excuse). "Self Defeating Alien Abduction Phenomenon" I think we should coin it ...SDAAP
edit on 30-8-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

Yes we should coin it, in case some "quack" is reading this a some point and decides to "discover" the condition for himself regarding alien abduction, and name it after himself, so lets make this official,
ATTENTION all ATS members, on this date at this time, me (darren1976) and zetarediculian discovered a phsychological problem to explain why some abudctuctee's wont accept help to end/catch these critters out, a bit like stockholm syndrome but on a different level entirely!! so, your all our witnesses, in case some toff comes along and tries stealing this revelation in to the minds of some abductee's for himself/herself!
PEACE!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The human mind is a powerful thing, you have heard of the saying mind over matter? women get phantom pregnancies, theey believe they are pregnant so strongly tat they start to show physical signs of it!! people have been known to produce hysical injuries, such as stigmata when they believe they are being used by a higher power for some reason, and the belief is so strong that they produce these physical marks in front of credibe witnesses with no explanation as to how they appeared, as nothing has touched them in the area of the injury where it appeared durin the scrutiny of multiple winesses. So if someones "phsych" believed so strongly that they where being abducted and physichally abused, then their belief i this might be strong enough to produce those physical marks out of nowhere, adding to their belief and only making it stronger for them!! kind of vicious circle so to speak.
PEACE!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

No, no....you have mistaken me for something else. I'm of the school of thought that we make up our own reality and that the neurotransmitter thingies....

yes it is possible. I would say it is more likely that aliens are abducting our hallucinations and having their way with them.

My mistake I meant to hit reply to the OPs thread but replied to one of your posts. Either way, I agree that aliens are doing something that we just can't explain with our current understandings of reality.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Would it be possible to add a button camera as a useful abductee item? It would record the abduction without being spotted. One day we could go with a tiny camera stuck to our forehead (called a pimple cam) that will allow us to record them! Tables turned!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Interesting. Kind of like being in a disfunctional relationship? There is always an excuse as to why people just don't leave. ...or I know I should apply for that job but it won't matter because (excuse). "Self Defeating Alien Abduction Phenomenon" I think we should coin it ...SDAAP

Yes we should coin it, in case some "quack" is reading this a some point and decides to "discover" the condition for himself regarding alien abduction, and name it after himself, so lets make this official,
ATTENTION all ATS members, on this date at this time, me (darren1976) and zetarediculian discovered a phsychological problem to explain why some abudctuctee's wont accept help to end/catch these critters out, a bit like stockholm syndrome but on a different level entirely!! so, your all our witnesses, in case some toff comes along and tries stealing this revelation in to the minds of some abductee's for himself/herself!
PEACE!!

Actually, what's described and commonly associated with this on a diagnostic level is Schizotypy, or Schizotypal Personality Disorder (SPD)

edit on 30-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think I have that. Thanks Drucilla

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

My mistake I meant to hit reply to the OPs thread but replied to one of your posts. Either way, I agree that aliens are doing something that we just can't explain with our current understandings of reality.

No problem but we don't agree. I don't believe aliens are interacting with any part of us. It is a fact that the human mind has the ability to reproduce the full and complete experience of reality. We do it every night. You can even poke parts of the brain and make it experience things. Unless I see some good gps data, I will believe this is a psychological thing
edit on 30-8-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If you like, but, hypochondria is also a disorder.

Some will attempt to associate Aspberger's or other diagnosis with this due the social difficulties/aversions, but differences lie in magical thinking, perceptual distortions, application or ascription to meanings of import or confused significance regarding events and/or people around them (attaching symbolism and imagined important meaning) , and the hallucinations, or conviction of real events that never happen.

Schizotypy isn't necessarily a 'bad' thing among some. There are "healthy" functional SPD people.
From Schizotypy - wiki

Although aiming to reflect some of the features present in diagnosable mental illness, schizotypy does not necessarily imply that someone who is more schizotypal than someone else is more ill. For example, certain aspects of schizotypy may be beneficial. Both the Unusual experiences and Cognitive disorganisation aspects have been linked to Creativity and academic achievement. Jackson proposed the concept of ‘benign schizotypy’ in relation to certain classes of religious experience, which he suggested might be regarded as a form of problem-solving and therefore of adaptive value. The link between positive schizotypy and certain facets of creativity is consistent with the notion of a "healthy schizotypy", which may account for the persistence of schizophrenia-related genes in the population despite their many dysfunctional aspects.

Thus, accordingly, in some ways, depending on how one interprets it; artists, dreamers, priests, devout religious adherents, cult members, or anyone subscribing to some sort of magical thinking could very well fall under the umbrella of Schizotypy to some degree or another.

To quote Lewis Carroll; "We're all mad here".

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Thats if the "aliens" are actually physical and extraterrestrial.

Many people are starting to lean toward an extra dimensional experience, and or a psychological event.

Or maybe we need depth guages and have been looking in the wrong place.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
[The intent is merely to present a possible, reasonable alternative in entertaining the idea that real physical abduction occur such that those interested may do with the information whatever they will of the own free accord.
No participation in these forums is required, or necessary.

Thus, if there's even the tiniest off-chance even one person might benefit from the solutions provided, regardless of what the results may read when they check GPS logs in correspondence, then, one person will have benefited however they benefited, and that's fine.

I am not a skeptic, in fact we have all been informed that the black helicopter crews part of the NSA were monitoring abductees since the 1950s. How did they know the next day after an abductee had been taken? Probably some form of an early GPS system I would consider, because from 50s to the 90s, when all abductions stopped because the entities behind them had left, they knew when an abductee had been abducted by aliens from outerspace...maybe with dimensional capabilities but definetly not from here.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well, I suppose the first order of business would first root out the suspected abducted, and then have a control group. Then proceed through the series of questions and start sorting and seeing if any pattern emerges. Have fun at a go at that!

Once the abducted are selected, monitor them through gps, video recording, and even blood tests. (the body does some strange stuff in a weightless environment).

It would at least be a start...but there has to be that. Dru is right. Somewhere, somehow it has to scientifically be approached.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You could probably just load an app into your phone that captures the GPS position, logs an encrypted version of the data and pushes it out to the web via your home wireless or SMS.

Building such an Android app to do this is actually pretty straightforward.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legos
You could probably just load an app into your phone that captures the GPS position, logs an encrypted version of the data and pushes it out to the web via your home wireless or SMS.

Building such an Android app to do this is actually pretty straightforward.

The problem with this is; how many people take their phone into the shower, and sleep with their phone attached to them?

A wearable device that is worn 24/7, all the time, especially while sleeping (since for some reason abduction seem to like to happen around that time) would be ideal.
Thus, all the links in the OP for GPS tracker watches.

The watches, I don't think, are dependent on wifi or cell signal either, and from what I understand, will log data to the web where a user can access the data at a later time. This is ideal in that the device is wearable, and the data goes somewhere that the abductee can't alter or hoax, so a raw data file is available if they were to desire presenting said information in the public forum, or to an investigator/researcher.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

You have changed youre picture!! GPS Great Idea!! Mental Crap- Sick of hearing about it!! Look up in the sky..I will send them to you!! They will appear as really large Stars..very Bright and move around...they can beam down and come and see you..you may be able to see them..they look sort of like grey..mist with form coming down from the sky!! Let me know what you think after they visit you!! Best Wishes!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by Druscilla

You have changed youre picture!! GPS Great Idea!! Mental Crap- Sick of hearing about it!! Look up in the sky..I will send them to you!! They will appear as really large Stars..very Bright and move around...they can beam down and come and see you..you may be able to see them..they look sort of like grey..mist with form coming down from the sky!! Let me know what you think after they visit you!! Best Wishes!!

If I encounter any UFOs, I'll be sure to post it here on ATS.
Keep in mind, however, I've been watching the skies in the capacity of an amateur astronomer most of my life.
I'm very familiar with what I see in the sky.
Those moving lights in the sky, every single one I've ever seen, are simply man-made satellites.
When they fade out, and disappear, that's just the satellite falling into Earth's shadow.

If, however, I do ever see a UFO, I'll be sure to report it.
However, I've never ever seen a UFO or anything that wasn't identifiable.
I keep looking, but, no UFOs ever happen.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yeh, thanks DRU....(buzzkill!)
Love you really DRU!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Weren't there loads of people being abducted in Nome, Alaska? That would be a good place to put GPS on the whole town if it's still being reported. It's a good idea though, to have people who are claiming abduction to wear something at all times.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join