It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think you're being abducted by Aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
You know what you're asking for OP?....you're asking for something along the proof of 'taste'. It's like asking someone to prove what a lemon taste like. You can get all the cameras, tape recorders, GPSs you want but the 'taste' still won't show up.

I don't know you that well OP, but I do know you challenge many 'paranormal' threads. So I'm not sure if you're sincerely looking for proof or, the more patently obvious reason that, you want to continue to sit on your laurels so you can mock what you don't understand.

Respectfully, you're in the wrong thread.
Allow me to quote myself from an earlier post in this thread:

Quoting myself:
I'm not asking anyone to provide any evidence in this thread.
Providing evidence for others is a different topic altogether.
I'm well aware of the challenges associated with claimed abductees
This thread is intended to be simply informational.
If anyone is interested, then, hey, here's a list of GPS products one could try. It's entirely up to each individual.
As mentioned previously also, there may very well be non-participating members, as well as non-member lurkers that find this informational post helpful.

Thanks for your opinion all the same though.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What? The OP was asking for claimed abductees to actually attempt to prove that their abduction experiences are embedded in reality by purchasing a recording device of some form.. confused how this is seeking a 'taste'. If anything its asking for the most basic of scientific analysis to be carried out. Keep in mind if a abductee provides irrefutable evidence of an alien being abducting them (so far despite the 1000's of claimants of alien abduction no evidence of any note has been provided) it would be the single most signifigant find in the history of mankind. Yet still the abductees seem unwilling to seek this tangible proof.

I love the answer that 'Recording devices are too expensive'. If I geniunely believed I was being abducted and examined by a alien being from another planet, I would do whatever it takes to provide tangible evidence of my experiences, the cost of doing so would be utterly irrelevant considering I would be an overnight celebrity.

By the way, is that a communion alien in your avatar? If you believe in people like Whitley Strieber then its pointless conversing with you, keep in mind Strieber is a guy who belives that alien beings instruced him to stop eating snicker bars, Strieber refused to stop eating the bars and the aliens punished him by removing money from his bank account.
Thats only scraping the barrel so to speak of Striebers beliefs, wait till you hear about how he lived with an alien for two months

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I wouldn't want to be part of the body of people who called all of the abducted "psychologically" impaired, should evidence arise that they actually were abducted all along.

I don't think "impaired" is accurate. Most of theses cases involve people with absolutely no psychological illness or disfunction. The word often used is "experience" when describing this phenomenon. Experience by its own nature is psychological. I have bouts of sleep paralysis from time to time. I can see, feel, hear things as if they are really there so I "experience" these things. When we go about our waking life, we see, feel and hear things that are there and "experience" them. The commonality is that the processing that takes place is "psychological". Identifying whether or not this from internal or external is the issue.

Everything that is percieved and experienced is psychological. Our brains have the capability to generate a reality that is not out in the physical world. every second of every day we project our internal mental workings onto pysical reality. For me this is the root of misidentification. So I would classify this as a simple misidentification.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
If it is all dimensional - are the abducted, truly abducted, or would possessed be a better word?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions. Your response intrigued me was all.

Not trying to cut off your dialogue with H_A, but the thought hits me as well: The phenomenon seems much more connected to--and makes much more sense as anyway--a phenomenon related to the "spiritual" or paranormal realm than it does with extraterrestrial involvement.

Whether paranormal occurrences are a product of the mind that somehow produces anomalous and little understood effects & affects, or if there actually is another "dimension," it still falls within the realms of stories that have been historically related to demonology and such it seems.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I just wish everyone can have an experience because once you do, you'll never view life the same again. And you can clearly see, after this experience, how narrow-minded and simple the average Human being truly is.

This is a really interesting statement to me. There are similarities between the experience that you expressed in your statement and people that have undergone some religious or psychedlic experience or transformation.
edit on 30-8-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I agree with your post. "Impaired" was an ill chosen word. Your post gave me a bone to chew on! Thanks for the response.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
don't ufo's typically interfere with electronics and magnets.

then at best, all you will record is gap where no data is available.

which wouldn't be proof to many people investigating from the outside.

but it may confirm your own suspicions if you feel something happened to you.

or the aliens may detect the device and just remove it and leave it on your nightstand until you're returned.

Sure, who knows, but if people don't try, how can you take them serious as abduction victims? As ZetaRediculian explained, one would do ANYTHING to make it stop, - or at lest find evidence to convince those who didn't believe you.

So, I'm thinking: If you can't stop it yourself, seek help. Not religious 'guidance'. Psychiatrists can help you avoid being abducted, because it's your brain not distinguishing between dream and reality, in other words, a psychosis, or simply severe stress. So, it could be stress/anxiety related. It could be medicinal. It could be pathological. Untreated, it probably won't go away.

Also, we know that sleep paralysis is a real phenomenon. Why not seek that explanation, if you're in your bed at night, in a near sleep state? Doesn't that seem quite reasonable, rather than invisible aliens that leave no footprints?
And yet again, if you know you're dreaming or high on '___', please don't claim to have been 'abducted', it's the wrong word to use! I'm not being sarcastic, I think the word is misapplied in many cases.

Until proven otherwise, there is only one rational explanation to 'abductions', and that's psychological. One of many kinds of psychological plenomena. Because:
Fantasies, dreams exaggerations, aggrandizations, or lies do not become real no matter how many times they are put forth. You can be lulled into thinking that, but that's false.

So, at the risk of sounding close-minded etc., an 'abductee' needs to be very serious about making it stop, or proving it real. If nothing could be recorded, and no GPS trace shown because no physical contact was ever made, there can be no implants, no probing, no 'DNA samples' etc.

If it's an entirely mental and non-physical phenomenon, then it shouldn't be an UFO/alien topic imo. An UFO (or, an UAP) is an object, and imo an 'alien' is not an entirely 100% mental thing. That's where the line to the paranormal is crossed imo. Otherwise the terms are useless signifiers, and the distinction completely emptied of meaning.

edit on 30-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: corrections

edit on 30-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: highlighted point, wall of text problem

edit on 30-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Time itself doesn't even exist. You can feel like you're gone for 5 minutes when in Earth-reality, it's been hours. ..

That's what we call 'sleeping'.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The whole "interdimensional" aspect of this is interesting. There seems to be a common thread between the Native Americans belief that when you dream, you cross over into another reality...and the Machine Elves

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If these beings are extra-dimensional, they don't understand our reality. They don't know from where WE came. That's weird... But probably true.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I agree with your post. "Impaired" was an ill chosen word. Your post gave me a bone to chew on! Thanks for the response.
well Im glad someone reads my drivel!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

One last thing, I guess the myriad of UFO photos and videos are way too good to be true then, huh? What?...too much CGI'ing? What about the films and photos in the 50's? Too much 'string and models' raucous going on back then?

That's unrelated, isn't it?

Seems people want it their way or no way.

Isn't that you doing that? Otherwise, why bring up CGI hoaxes as if they proved anything about abductions?

I just wish everyone can have an experience because once you do, you'll never view life the same again. ..

I get pretty tired with people claiming this and that, and then saying others are shallow and ignorant people, if they don't believe it. At least show you have attempted to explain it otherwise, as an experience and not as an 'abduction'.

Many people have 'experiences' spurred by e.g. seemingly dreaming/being awake at the same time, taking drugs, meditating, romantic love, illness, religious experiences, mental conditions etc. But this is not the religious/spiritual forum. You had 'experiences' but so do many other people in one way and form or another.

edit on 30-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Not everyobe can be making up Alien abduction stories. Some are probably true. The question really is what is the alien are they solid or energy, of terrestrial or extra terestrial origin.

Can'¨t agree with that ...

It's like saying that bitch over there, who made up the stories were true, because her imagination made it true for her own mind. And that's not an exeptable route to take ... if it didn't happen, it didn't happen ... saying it's real, because in that persons mind, it is ... it just makes it more complex, not real. In my personal experience, I'd reply ... hell no, she got pissed off, because I didn't turn up at our date. What happened after that, is not my concern ... this is just to make a reality comparison, for you, how the human psyche may react to events, and create relations that weren't there.

It doesn't exclude that there is some random plasma energy, that is whirling around, like hurricanes and effect a persons neuro cells, and makes all kinds of links, and severes others. It makes it more complex, but not more real.

So unless there is a physical entity, that actually does the physical emoval ... it's a complex scenario, that needs to be explored. Starting to talk about "interdimensional beings", doesn't make it more clearer ... it makes it more "nuts". Because, any interdimensional being ... must exist within our basic three dimensions. Time, is not a dimension ...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by DARREN1976

Understood.
As I've said before; yes, there's many 'ifs' and other ponderables.
On top of that there's the observed condition of subjects claiming abduction, passionately and vocally exclaiming they want to experiences to stop, but, when presented with means or options to explore the subject further in an actual attempt to understand it, and possibly put a stop to it, they invariably express apathy, and/or an impassible wall of excuses, unwilling to even entertain an attempt at trying.

Some of those excuses can be seen in this thread as is.

Whatever the case, as I continue to state; if someone feels they are experiencing hands-on physical abduction, by aliens, by covert black ops psychological warfare spooks, by people from hollow earth, or any other agency, then, if they feel the solution presented in the OP may benefit them, it's there for them to try in whatever capacity they feel comfortable in employing.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Probably some sort of phsychological block that their subconcious throws up, make an excuse, so the experiences dont cease, as their subconcious doesnt want to feel lonely, and subconciously they probably feel special as they are being singled out for experimenting and it makes them feel special.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Starting to talk about "interdimensional beings", doesn't make it more clearer ... it makes it more "nuts". Because, any interdimensional being ... must exist within our basic three dimensions. Time, is not a dimension ...
Talking "interdimensional" makes it niether a "psychological" thing nor a thing that exists in physical reality. So you have your bases covered. what makes it "nuts" is trying to convince everyone that interdemesional beings are abducting you then getting pissy at the people that don't believe you. Personally, my feeling is that we all have our own beliefs that may seem nuts if we try to express them....for instance, I know that I can dream the future...see what i mean?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Starred and Flagged you by the way DRU.....
2nd

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
The whole "interdimensional" aspect of this is interesting. There seems to be a common thread between the Native Americans belief that when you dream, you cross over into another reality...and the Machine Elves

Its not only a belief. Shamans are visiting the other dimensions all the time, so if you want to know, you can talk to them or you can take part of a few ceremonies and find out for yourself.

Please note that Im talking about the other dimensions now, where we are not physical beings. So it doesnt have anything to do with aliens abducting your physical body.

edit on 30-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976
Probably some sort of phsychological block that their subconcious throws up, make an excuse, so the experiences dont cease, as their subconcious doesnt want to feel lonely, and subconciously they probably feel special as they are being singled out for experimenting and it makes them feel special.

Interesting. Kind of like being in a disfunctional relationship? There is always an excuse as to why people just don't leave. ...or I know I should apply for that job but it won't matter because (excuse). "Self Defeating Alien Abduction Phenomenon" I think we should coin it ...SDAAP
edit on 30-8-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Its not only a belief. Shamans are visiting the other dimensions all the time, so if you want to know, you can talk to them or you can take part of a few ceremonies and find out for yourself.

edit on 30-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

lets just say I visited....or glimpsed at these worlds. There is no way to talk about them scientifically and no way to express their reality. It is a personal subjective experience.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join