It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return of the Bara-Booms: Unexplained lights, noises appear again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi.

I searched for this but didn't find anything I haven't been visiting as often so if this has been posted I apologize.

For those who are unaware of the strangeness that happened in Wisconsin earlier this year here is a brief recap...

www.fox11online.com...

CLINTONVILLE - An expert says Clintonville has been hit by at least one more earthquake. City Administration Lisa Kuss sent out a release late Monday afternoon, saying equipment for the U.S. Geological Survey detected a quake on the night of March 29th. While he doesn't usually confirm earthquakes, Waite believes Clintonville was hit by one that measured 0.1 magnitude.

In a nutshell the official story is there was an earthquake swarm in Wisconsin. Many people, myself included, think it's a bunch of nonsense.

www.clintonvillewi.org...

(If you Google it you can find a lot more info. on this.)

Around the same time as the Clintonville booms residents near Baraboo reported similar noises, it was quickly dismissed as lightning, a hoax or copycat type thing carried out by local kids. One of the main reasons is because the booms happened on April 1st.

Well the booms have returned to Baraboo at least....

www.wiscnews.com...

BARABOO — For the second time in four months, Baraboo residents have reported unexplained flashes of light accompanied by loud booms. The Baraboo Police Department received reports before 3 a.m. Sunday of flashes and thunderous bangs from locations on Tenth Street, Birch Street, Park Street and numerous other areas. Officers who heard the bangs themselves believed they came from somewhere south of the city, according to a police report. But they were unable to determine who or what caused them.

“Presently, we have no idea what the source is,” said Baraboo Police Lt. Rob Sinden, adding that police also do not have information that could definitively link the Sunday booms to the ones that citizens reported in April. A lead meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Dodge City, Kan., initially speculated the April 1 booms were “bolts from the blue” — which occur when a storm produces lightning strikes in a clear-sky area up to 40 miles outside the system. During the April booms, there was a thunderstorm system to the city’s southwest headed toward Dodgeville. But there were no nearby storm systems when the most recent bangs occurred.

I don't know what is going on up there but it sounds like it's cranking up again.

Do any of you live in the area or have any theories about this?
edit on 30-8-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Could simply be pranksters with homemade bombs setting them off around town, scaring people. Hell I recall my neighbor used to make very LOUD flash bangs and set them off on the 4th of July. Just a possibility.

Also, have you ever thrown a can of hairspray into a firepit or bonfire? Lots of fun.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

It could be just a prank or somebody goofing off but it seems like it must be pretty loud to get so much attention. You would think the police and the newspaper would rule out something like fireworks or thunder.

I just think it's something to keep an eye on......too much strange # going on for my taste.

new topics

join