It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do New age leaders have the warrior spirit of General Eisenhowers or are they Chickenhawks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i just read a recent new thread titled Road Ahead: Smoking Gun where the OP admits straight up front she is a channeller medium, and sets out in straight talk what she has learnt in a channelling session during a forced meditation protection circle.

I just thought i had to say good on anyone on Ats who is not afraid to state their background if they are involved as a channeller medium, clarivoyant, workshop teacher of esoteric or metaphysical ideas, or any other kind of out there type themes.

Personally if i see a person announce what they are to the world and are willing standby its conviction then i dont care what they believe. That tells me they have guts and are warrior spirits and that means they are good in my book.

There are too many new age leaders acting like they are eisenhower type warrior new age spirits which i find hard to accept when they will not step into a front line trenches such as thread forums on Ats and bravely call it out as they see it.

I do not consider Twitter or facebook a front line trench. The use of such social forums are safe and high ivory towers which allow the so called leaders, gurus or what ever other terms are used to describe them, to make calls from afar knowing thye are supported by at least two or more thousand dazed followers.

Ok now and then they come out for an interview. So what then its acontrolled enviroment and knowing they are safe with rehearsed answers to questions. It may as well be a teleprompted script.

So what do you reckon are New age leaders Generals or Chickenhawks? The juries out on this for me. Well you guys/gals are the jury so i will go with the consensus view.

edit on 30-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I'm not even certain who is considered a New Age leader.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

I'm not even certain who is considered a New Age leader.

Thats a very good openning question. What defines a new age leader? Is it the size of their fan base or followers, is it measured by how much dollars in income they make a year from their new age activities. Is it defines by what radio stations they talk on? , Are these the metrics used to define them?

edit on 30-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: vegetarians dont roast chickens

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

New age is such a broad all encompassing term too. Did you have anyone in particular in mind or any category that stands out? I guess names like David Icke and David Wilcock stand out but I certainly wouldn't consider either one of them as leaders.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

They are called "Gurus" not "Leaders" just as in Christianity they are called "Priests"; but the true "Leader" if there has to be one is "The Light (God)".

I really don't like when people give their power away to priests or gurus...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

They are called "Gurus" not "Leaders" just as in Christianity they are called "Priests"; but the true "Leader" if there has to be one is "The Light (God)".

I really don't like when people give their power away to priests or gurus...

Define The Light? And whats a Gurus relatiobship with the light? I know these sound simple questions for you but for me they are unclear.

And whats wrong with people seeking advice from Gurus?
edit on 30-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

The Dalai Lama and Thich Nhat Hanh are new-age leaders.
It has nothing to do with money or fan base; it has to do with decency, integrity, and commitment to truth.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by taccj9903

The Dalai Lama and Thich Nhat Hanh are new-age leaders.
It has nothing to do with money or fan base; it has to do with decency, integrity, and commitment to truth.

I respect there are some legtimate ones out there. I wonder if the would do a thread on Ats!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I wonder if the would do a thread on Ats!

Probably, if they had time, yes. In the meantime, there are some of us members who try to bring their thoughts here to discuss, and we are called "fringe loonies" spreading "hippie crapola".

We keep talking anyway, trying to dispel that ignorance of what new-age means.

All we can do, is keep talking, keep trying, keep planting seeds of enlightenment.
We learn from those masters, and we "spread the word", just like the Christian members who feel compelled to present their case.

Bashing comes from all sides, you know.

new topics

top topics

join