It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife of pro-life presidential candidate Rick Santorum had love affair with abortion doctor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is old news but it is interesting, given that Romney, Santorum and the GOP faithful are Pro Life

Revealed: Wife of pro-life presidential candidate Rick Santorum had love affair with abortion doctor 40 years her senior... who delivered her as baby

The wife of fiercely pro-life presidential hopeful Rick Santorum had a six-year love affair with an abortion doctor, 40 years her senior - who, incredibly, delivered her as a baby - it has emerged.

Karen Santorum, 51, who, like her husband, opposes abortion even in cases of rape and doesn't believe in using birth control, lived with Pittsburgh abortion pioneer Dr Thomas E. Allen for most of her 20s in the 1980s.

When she met Dr Allen, Mrs Santorum, who then went by the name Karen Garver, was a 22-year-old nursing student who shared his liberal views on abortion and enjoyed life as the younger lover of the 63-year-old divorcee and man-about-town, according to friends.

The image of Mrs Santorum living with her progressive playboy boyfriend stands in sharp contrast to the matronly devout Catholic mother of seven that she plays on the campaign trail.

May-December romance: Karen Santorum (then Karen Garver) poses for this 1984 photo with her boyfriend of six years, Dr Thomas E. Allen, who was an obstetrician and abortion provider

Romney has been caught out with his Pro-Life Lies, but I can't find anything about Karen Santorum on ATS.

The GOP Pro-Life Agenda seems to be Pro-Propaganda.

Rick Santorums wife Karen had love affair with Abortion Doctor.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Indeed it is very old news. I see no relation to this old bit of scandal to the current elections.

Des

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I doesn't have a direct baring on the 2012 elections but it does serve as a reminder that what comes from the mouth isn't always aligned with what's in the heart.
To be sure a lot of it is smoke and mirrors. Anything will be said to sway the intended target. It serves us to remember this.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
I doesn't have a direct baring on the 2012 elections but it does serve as a reminder that what comes from the mouth isn't always aligned with what's in the heart.
To be sure a lot of it is smoke and mirrors. Anything will be said to sway the intended target. It serves us to remember this.

It serves nothing, who cares about a 20 something young woman and her Liberal views?
The article even states she shared his liberal views. Most young people are Liberals until they grow-up.
I was a Hardcore Communist, Red All the Way Through, Memorized Mao's Little Red Book Front To Back,,,,,,Until I meet my husband and learned what Freedom Meant and how truly good it feels to own a gun and drive any where I want and if we could,,,,,,, have another child!

Who really cares about the affair of a woman that wasn't married yet.

It serves us to remember this.

What? That she had liberal views before she married a Want A Be President,,, OH,,, I get it,,,, It's because he and she are Republicans,,,,,,,,

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
People change their views all the time. No big deal here really.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I do agree that people change their views all the time

Yet I stand by my comment that what comes from the mouth is not ALWAYS indicative of what is in the heart. And I did not mean it as a dig against republicans because democrats do it is well, in fact all humans do this, including myself on occasion and it does serve us - mankind - to realize that what people say and what they believe are not necessarily the same thing

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I'm curious, why did you post this? People are pointing out that it is old news, and that the affair was before she was Mrs. Santorum. I don't believe that she was a spokesman for the Republican party at the time. I just don't see the connection between this and anything.

So, again, what was your point?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Maybe not a big deal but pretty ironic right? I mean on a hilarious cosmic scale. Maybe her views haven't really changed. She could be a hypocrite for all we know

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
To the people asking "What has this got to do with anything?"

It has everything to do with the current GOP stance on abortion.

Why declare you are Pro-Life if you had shares in a Fetus Disposal Company?

Why declare you are Pro-Life if you dated an Abortion Doctor?

Hippocrites Indeed!!!

edit on 30-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I didn't know ATS had become some gossip magazine!

People change their views and opinions constantly as they grow, so for better, some for worse. If someone abuses an animal and then later sees the error in their ways and decides to dedicate their lives to saving them, do we condemn their good work due to the bad before it?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Dear Pedro4077,

Why declare you are for healthy diets if you ate lots of Fritos and Twinkies in college?

Why declare you are against drugs if you were part of the "Choom Gang?"

Why declare you are for law and order if you cheated on an exam?

Why declare you are for highway safety if you've ever dialed your cell phone in the car?

Why declare you are for peace if you ever dated a soldier?

Why do you declare you are for healthy foods if one of your investments is in a cleaning company that sweeps Monsanto's floors?

Hypocrisy? No, afraid not.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This was posted and discussed during the Primaries when Santorum was a Candidate.

I see no relevance now, considering Santorum is not Romney.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This is national Enquirer material.A conspiracy?Obviously a feeble attempt at discrediting Santorum ans or the republicans.

top topics

join