It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain has officially gone insane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I was so aggravated by McCain's speech at the RNC I can't remember finding so many things to be annoyed about in one speech- even by W Bush. I could spend hours going over it, but I don't have the time to I will just cover a few points and post a link (not the full speech). I didn't even hear the whole thing and it was terrible enough. After the entire GOP attacking Obama for months about supporting arab rebels in Libya, Egypt and elsewhere and even threatening impeachment over it, McCain declares that Obama has abandoned everyone in the world fighting for freedom and isn't supporting any rebels and doesn't support freedom anywhere. Then he declares that we have to focus on being the worlds policeman even more even though it's extremely unpopular around the world and even here in the US, and then he goes on to declare that the world is demanding more US involvement, not less.

This speech was so full of distortions, attacks, exaggerations and platitudes that no summary can really do it justice, and now after thinking about it several hours I'm wondering if this speech was actually aimed at Ron Paul supporters and not the base or American people in general.

www.nationaljournal.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Ok I can tell from your Avy that your a Obama supporter.

But as I read your post not even I expected you to turn it into a RP bashing post......
I guess i shouldn't expect more but damn I thought you would actually take a independent perspective of the moment.

Romney = Obama = McCain = Bush and any other line toting spineless government servant that decides to sell out.....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I didn't bash Ron Paul, how did you get that idea?

I said I think this speech is a ploy to try to sway the RP people to support the nationalist, neoconservative candidate.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83

He didn't turn it into a RP bashing post. He made a statement wondering if McCain was addressing the RP supporters in the crowd specifically. Because we are aware of RP's non-intervenionist platform. Which is against most Republican views. And yes he is off his rocker and if that is what is going to pass for Romney's foreign policy we should all be very scared.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
A good example of why we need term limits on Congress. We need to get senile, delusional crackpots like McCain out.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Basically, McCain is calling for an invasion of the entire Middle East.

He wants us deeply involved in Syria, Libya, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Boots on the ground, full scale invasion involved. Republicans, they criticize Obama for the minimal involvement the US had by way of the NATO operations in Libya, then they criticize him for not being more involved in Libya.

America can't afford warmongering insane Neocon-enablers like McCain anymore. Put him out to pasture already, most Republicans dismiss him as a RINO anyhow.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

What I gathered from McCain's speech was that by "Leader of the Free World" he literally means "Leader of the World" and that the President should, through moral judgement, have not only the ability but an obligation to launch undeclared wars against anyone who violates the Leaders moral beliefs. I believe if he had his way we'd have troops in every country that there is civil unrest in.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Like Russia. AHHH MOTHERLAND!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
This speech was so full of distortions, attacks, exaggerations and platitudes that no summary can really do it justice, ...

Sounds like a typical convention speech ... Republican or Democrat. Same/Same.

That being said ... John McCain should retire. He did his country a great service and he showed heroic strength while being a POW. However, his time for leadership has passed and I think he should go home and relax.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He did his country a great service and he showed heroic strength while being a POW.

For the POW part of your post... there is a sadly little-known POW by the name of 'Red' McDaniels that was the longest held of all Vietnam POW's. He was in the camp when McCain was there and remained there long afterward. Read his book 'Scars and Stripes'. I've met the man and talked with him. Don't believe the McCain PR.

As for the 'great service' comment... As Americans, We The People are heavily-invested shareholders in this country. In the Spring of 2008, then candidate McCain together with President Bush pronounced to the country that the fundamentals of our economy were strong. Despite the fact that at that time they both knew full-well that the entire economy was coming apart at the seams. Now, another group of men did the same thing not long before when they told shareholders of their company that it was also strong even though it, too, was tanking. That company was Enron. The only difference is that the Enron people went to jail.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

most Republicans dismiss him as a RINO anyhow.

I actually agree with you here, but he did call Obama out on not supporting the Iranian student protesters and standing by while the regime beat women to death. Perhaps this is because the elites are not quite ready for war yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Listening to and voting for these fakes and freaks is crazy. The world that's just ahead is going to suck because that's the agenda. No positive thinking, hope, revolution or praying is going to change it. Can't believe you waste your time. It's done, over, kapute.

What do you people say to yourselves after every 4 long ass years of waiting to vote ? It could only be something like to paraphrase: " A-huh ! I sure hope we get some better lies this time around ? "

Voting and the slightest inkling of faith in these thieves and murderers is akin to eating crap and barking at the moon.

Screams break the silence
Waking from the dead of night
Vengence is boiling
He's returned to kill the light
Then when he's found who he's looking for
Listen in awe and you'll hear him
Bark at the moon

Hahaha

Years spent in torment
Buried in a nameless grave
Now he has risen
Miracles would have to save
Those that the beast is looking for

Bark at the moon
Hey yeah bark at the moon

They cursed and buried him
Along with shame
And thought his timeless soul had gone
In empty burning hell - unholy one
But he's returned to prove them wrong, so wrong
Oh yeah baby

Howling in shadows
Living in a lunar spell
He finds his heaven
Spewing from the mouth of hell

Those that the beast is looking for

Bark at the moon
Hey yeah
Bark at the moon
Hey yeah bark at the moon
Oh oh yeah bark at the moon

(Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Category:
Music
License:
Standard YouTube License

edit on 30-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He did his country a great service and he showed heroic strength while being a POW. However, his time for leadership has passed and I think he should go home and relax.

LOL. John McCain helped cover up that the USA left American POWS in Laos and other Asian countries after the Vietnam war.

He is garbage, his speech encourages the one world USA police state. Aren't Republicans supposed to be SMALL government?

www.theamericanconservative.com...

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by CB328

What I gathered from McCain's speech was that by "Leader of the Free World"

You know, somewhat off topic, but there is a term you rarely hear anymore. Just 20 years ago, it was used almost as frequently as "commander in chief." I don't know if they've reduced the usage of it because of overuse or because they're afraid of outbursts of laughter or observations of just how minuscule the "free world" is today versus a couple of decades ago.

McCain isn't an elephant. Try as he has over the years, the poor SOB simply cannot keep himself steady. One week he's taking grief for commenting that he believes water boarding is torture and shouldnt be done and the next week he's on Letterman singing "Bomb Iran.". One week he's standing in support of the Second Amendment, the next week he's ripping into gun show sales. One week he's the "Maverick", the next week he's trying to convince a room full of supporters that he toes the party line. I appreciate his service to this country in the war, he gave more than the nation can ever repay him for... but I don't trust his politics and I don't believe he's what he so desperately wants his voter base to believe he is.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Insane in the McCain. Insane in the brain.
Insane in the McBrain, Im insane got no brain.

top topics

join