It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you 'awaken'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I awoke after reading conspiracies online. It took years of research but I was finally awaken. Most conspiracies are just theories, with no hard evidence. Nine-eleven for instance has no hard evidence, but there are enough inconsistancies and coincidencies that you suspect your being lied to. That is how I was awoken, and my world would never be the same again. No longer was I viewing the world through rose-colored glasses.The more I learned, the more parallels I made and the more those crazy conspiracies seemed credible. I was on a quest for knowledge that I couldn't satisfy. I wanted to know everything. I hated that I had been decieved in such a way. When I look back at how I used to view the world, that the US was innocent and righteous, that corporations wouldn't poison me for profit, that our government worked for the people, that the mainstream media's word was fact, i'm disgusted. Although, sometimes I wish I wasn't 'unplugged' from the Matrix, because now i'm on a life-long quest for the truth.

How did you awaken?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
like almost everyone else i started questioning 911.. that lead me to research JFK, then the federal reserve.

but it wasnt until Jesse ventura conspiracy theories show that i became fully awake.
his show triggered something inside me
well actually the research i did on all the things he talks about that i really made my mind up

love jesse or hate him, he woke me up

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
After years of being angry at both our government and the middle east, I finally let it go. Once I did that, What I always suspected became more clear than ever. For the past month I have read and searched everything I could find on 911. The story is easier to see as the years have added additional information,facts, and truth.

The fact of the matter, the official story is more outrageous than the most outrageous speculation!

I know in my heart it will never be solved. The best way way for us to honor all of the victims, is to stand up and restore all that was taken from us in it's wake, and remove the power from those who were responsible.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
My awakening was a gradual process and it first began more as a spiritual awakening.

As far as conspiracies go, the Zeitgeist documentaries had a strong influence on my search for truth.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
U.S. seneter Bernie Sanders woke me up

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If I grok what you mean by 'Awaken' then: as a young boy in 1977 when I read the Illuminatus! trilogy followed by A History of Secret Societies by 'Arkon Daraul'.

X.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

For me it was when I researched and learned about the federal reserve and how our money works. That day I felt such a betrayal and lost all trust in the government. Since then I've researched conspiracy theories and have become so open minded....although some of my family thinks I'm crazy but I feel bad that they have'nt awakened yet. I still have a lot to learn and my desire for knowledge sometimes runs ramped lol.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCh0de

Ohhh I love good old Bernie...he tells it like it is

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
What got me started in the very beginning was the first time I saw a ghost when I was 7 (1977)and then finding inconsistencies in the Bible when I was about 12(1982), so I got an early start but what really got me searching though was a book I read about that time from Scholastic Reader I believe. It was a book about Strange but True stories and contained stories like D.B. Cooper, and one I will never forget about a German bi plane that was caught in a storm. The pilot and the gunner were thrown from the craft by the wind and they were tossed around in the storm until they froze solid and covered in ice and became too heavy then fell to Earth.

I began searching for the title and cover art of the book to post here and I just cant find it. I found someone talking about it but they didn't know the name either. Then I thought it was "13 ghosts: Strange but True Stories" by Will Osborne, but this is not it because it is all ghost stories. Then I found "STRANGELY ENOUGH" by C.B. Colby from 1959 and it looks familiar(both covers actually) but I am not sure. Then I found "Strange but True Twenty-Two Amazing Stories" by Donald J. Sobol and this looks very familiar but the problem with this one is that Amazon says it was published in 1989 and by then I had already graduated high school. I may never remember the title but it was this book that kick started it all for me.

Basically, from the very early 80s I have been searching for the strange but true. Looking at stories and reports that just don't add up was my next step both in the bible and other places. It was about 1984 when I got a copy of "Project Blue Book" from my Father, he was in the Air Force, and this set off a long period of UFO research along side my religious studies, cryptozooology, ghosts, etc. that has never really even slowed down. Then the Trade Center bombing happened in 93. I went deep into that one, lol so deep I thought I was loosing my mind and stepped away. I was drawn back in with the Oklahoma City bombing in 95(which happened the day before my birthday) and again went in too deep and had to step away from McVeigh.

I was living a simple life having fun studying religion(which I never really stepped away from) until the day we all know as 9/11. With all the studying I had done in the past there was no question in my mind when the towers came down, then building 7 that evening. This started me right back into the thick of things yet again and I have been in it ever since. There was a point in which I was falling down again into the dark depresses of the shadow world but a friend recognized what was happening and sent me this video.

Ever since I have been digging and searching in the eternal battle with TRUTH.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Agarta because: added a few more words and years

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

Sorry, can not disclose specifics because I will breach drug T&C

Also influential :-

I read "None dare call it a conspiracy" many years ago and that split my head open !

Peace

new topics

top topics

join