It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity About Pursuing Life Goals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The other night I had a dream where I was an old man. I was in my 60's or 70's, something like that. I looked back on my life, and realized that I had so many opportunities to do incredible things with my life. There were so many things I could have done, opportunities to be taken and pursued, that I just never did. For one reason or another, I just never got around to it, and floated through and went along the current into being pretty normal.

I then realized that life is full of opportunities. Life has so many opportunities, so many things you could do that could allow you to be a truly unique human expression, do things noone has ever done before. It's all there, but you have to do it. I felt like, you just get this life, and if you do not take these opportunities it is in a way like you wasted your life. I got that feeling, like I had kind of just wasted my life away.

Just now I was on youtube, and for some reason I decided to click on a random song that was being recommended to me. I'll post the link, as well as the lyrics. It correlates EXACTLY to the idea in my dream. It also, certainly, relates to my life in a way. I have all these incredible(at least, in my opinion) ideas for things I could do in the world. I feel like they could be truly innovative, and truly change things. And yet, all too often I just waste away the days, never really pursuing what I want to do...besides reading and thinking, with a bit of writing here and there. Hopefully this synchronicity is a part of something larger that results in me being truly motivated to pursue what I want in life.

Pink Floyd - Time

www.youtube.com...

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Most people realise this when It's too late.

You're lucky to see this now. It gives you the opportunity to change the way you live and make the most of your life.

Carpe diem.
edit on 29-8-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Dear TheJourney,

Two things I would mention. Firstly, I always ask young people, at the end of your career, what do you want to say it meant? Second thing is when you are dying, you don't worry about silly things, you remember people. Your life will be defined by how you effected others and you will remember the relationships you had. Figure out the answer to those two and do what you need to do to get there. As for your journey, the person who finishes a journey is not the same as when they began it. Live a life of intent, things may or may not work out; but, you will always be involved in the decisions. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Listen to that whole album! Dark side of the moon. It's concept album about everything under the sun(literally). From death and time to drugs money and mental illness. It's a crime you've never heard that song before. It's one of the bands best songs lyrically. Most of their stuff is deeply philosophical anyway but man that one!

I often feel the same way about life. Sometimes I get lazy and expect there to be some sign that lets me know when my life starts. A lot of people are probably like this. Snychronocities happen more when I'm not looking for them ironically

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So many people live a life like robots in a routine - MOSTLY, for the gain and pleasure of others.
How many people's lifes are like this:

Working 8am to 3pm - for your boss/company, for some average wage, day in and day out.
Once a year, you get a week or two "off" where you spend some forced "vacation", say in Fl or somewhere else.
Then you come back, and do the whole daily routine again, day for day.
Your pleasures: Going out for dinner on the weekends, buying a big screen TV, watching some shows in your middle-class home. Your boss, at the same time time, might be traveling the world, buys a new Ferrarri for his garage in his house in Monaco.

It's *really* like that for many, many people.

Here is the deal: You do not need to accept your average routine and living your entire life til you're old and gray in some suburban home and maybe retire to Florida once you're 70. You need to realize you can do anything (almost) you want. People OFTEN settle for boringness and routine, living the exact same life every day. But there is an entire world out there. Do not let the OTHERS live you.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Life is an opportunity.

Make sure you listen to the whole album. Speaking of synchronicity, some say it plays in tandem with The Wizard of Oz.

edit on 30-8-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laserfloyd72
Listen to that whole album! Dark side of the moon. It's concept album about everything under the sun(literally). From death and time to drugs money and mental illness. It's a crime you've never heard that song before. It's one of the bands best songs lyrically. Most of their stuff is deeply philosophical anyway but man that one!

I often feel the same way about life. Sometimes I get lazy and expect there to be some sign that lets me know when my life starts. A lot of people are probably like this. Snychronocities happen more when I'm not looking for them ironically

I love the album, as well as movie, "The Wall." I have not listened to much Pink Floyd other than that, but I feel The Wall is literally one of the most brilliant productions ever. Sounds like I should give Dark side of the moon a listen.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Beautiful topic.

I was able to reach very high enlightenment through synchronicity. I can relate to this topic & its contents here. Your topic endorsed what i already knew. Very, very interesting.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I like the wall a little bit better because it's a cohesive story. Dark side is more about abstract ideas. So how do you avoid looking back at your life like the song describes? Can anyone do that in the end? I mean up until you realize you want a richer life, there's arguably a big chunk of life and years spent not doing those great things.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Laserfloyd72

I've been listening to dark side of the moon a lot lately. It's probably the best album ever released.

OP I think you should try to take the guidance you've been shown. It really is the truth, but sadly its usually only realized once it's too late. I don't think you have to climb the Andes or anything like that, unless it's a goal. Just try to make the most of each day. Think of your future as a journal you are writing. The last half of it, the pages are still empty and you have control of what you will write in them. You hold the pen so to speak.

It's so much easier said than done but trying still counts.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thought to share this, its regarding to sychronicity:

Voice of Freedom I am the voice of freedom, the whisper of your soul the one that weeps at programming the one convention stole I am the voice that shouts aloud when being told: “You can’t!” the one that’s being smothered because it yells: “I want!” And while I rage against your fears that keep me chained inside I’m the one that keeps reminding you of the greatness that you hide I am the voice that speaks of beauty, of the poetry within the one that begs you: “Let me out!” so freedom can begin I am the voice of freedom, be brave and break my chains for I can guide you to a state where only Love remains!

Click here

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I agree it deals with things so universal and simple it's hard to not relate. Theres a That 70s Show episode where Eric describes Pink Floyd playing at a planetarium with lasers as "laser Floyd". That's how I got my screen name. There's a synchronism right there

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laserfloyd72
reply to post by violet

I agree it deals with things so universal and simple it's hard to not relate. Theres a That 70s Show episode where Eric describes Pink Floyd playing at a planetarium with lasers as "laser Floyd". That's how I got my screen name. There's a synchronism right there

I've been to the planetarium laser show with pink Floyd several times. It's a beautiful experience.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I would love to go to a Pink Floyd show at a planetarium

join