It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Arc Storm is Coming

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

I am still following this. This whole expiriment has brought me to some interesting research and findings. Of course my predicition was off but it seems like it still might come to pass sooner rather than later. I keep looking at the sattelite images daily to see if there are any significant changes in the overal pattern. Another thing wcih may be a point for another thread is that time seems to really fly by lately. I cannot beleive it is already September 25th. This year has flown by at a remarkable pace. Summer is now over. It will soon be winter. December 21, will be here before we know it. Regardless of what happens I have a prediction that ATS will be pretty interesting between now and then.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here are the latest sat loops on the western US. There is a small "storm" stalled to the east of Nevada. Based upon my research this provides the basis for the potential of an Ark Storm. Basically the storms are created then move to that area and then can stall. Future storms are then born and move to the same area join with the old storm which stays stalled. It looks like the conditions are right (or wrong depending on whether you are an optimist or pesimist) for creating the so called Ark Storm.

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

also note that historically there seems to be an area of pressure over the west coast of cali and over cali that keeps the area nice and sunny. Based upon the satellite images this looks to be weakinging making it easier for storms to push through this area...

Also note the hurricane to the south west of cali moving north north west. It is moving very slowly at about 5 mph. It has been moving slow for a long time.
edit on 25-9-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And look at Nadine in the Atlantic. It is also moving very slowly. They are on public advisory #52... This storm has been alive for some time now. Of course this will not likely affect the U.S. but I believe the same principle can apply to this stalled storm. of course over land it would eventually die out. However, if new storms grow and meet up to feed it then it could stay alive for a very long time.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ok more research and this is what the most recent satellite image of the pacific looks like.

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

An ark storm is caused by what is termed an atmospheric river phenomenon as can be seen here.

pubs.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Have you seen this page?
may give you some info, or may not...You decide
With all the rain we're having in UK at the moment, I'd be wondering if your location was wrong and the Ark storm is happening over Britain.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3Dplus

Have you seen this page?
may give you some info, or may not...You decide
With all the rain we're having in UK at the moment, I'd be wondering if your location was wrong and the Ark storm is happening over Britain.

Could be. This storm does seem to be just sitting there or maybe a better description is that it is just moving around in a circle. It seems like all of these systems whcih usually move fairly quickly have slowed down. I am seeing this in both the atlantic and pacific.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is crazy. Nadine has strengthened to become a hurricane. This storm does not want to die.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm glad I read the entire thread before I posted what I am going to post cause someone said it already. Storms generally do not move from east to west, so it would most likely be a hurricane.

Interesting prediction

I hope you are wrong

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I'm glad I read the entire thread before I posted what I am going to post cause someone said it already. Storms generally do not move from east to west, so it would most likely be a hurricane.

Interesting prediction

I hope you are wrong

Well so far it looks like my start date was wrong. I predicted September 18 giver or take a few days. However, the more I researched after that the more it looks like I am not that far off. The experts are saying we will start experiencing "very interesting weather" in January.

I believe I posted links to some articles on what the experts are saying previously here.
edit on 28-9-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I had a dream once that a hypercane developed in the Atlantic and made landfall in New Jersey, went across Pennsylvania and lost strength over Ohio. Imagine the Joplin Tornado, but 10 times bigger.
I don't see how this would be possible, though, considering the circumstances needed to form a hypercane.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
www.wunderground.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... f6844c-097b-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html

www.accuweather.com...

More and more interesting weather abounds. Two major super typhoons in a row. The latest one Jewalat began on September 20... Nadine... Hmmmmm. I guess I was right as to the beginning. I was off as to the location. It also seems to be much worse than I predicted...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Prior to Jewalat was Sanba.

www.weather.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
More flooding in Connecticut and Long Island.

www.weather.com...

Actually it looks like Texas and some surrounding states are getting hammered too.

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I just ran a general google search on flooding for September 2012. Below are the results.

www.google.com...=flooding+september+2012&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=alNmUOPTIYzY8gTB_4AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEMQqAI&bav=on.2, or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=3c2b39cbaf1b7ed3&biw=1366&bih=667

Now to look at previous months and see if there is a difference. I will let you know what I find.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That link only takes me back to google homepage, but I'd be very interested to see what you have unearthed, Crazyguy...Following the white rabbit.....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

I can't figure out how to post the search results from Google. However, So far it looks like September was the rainiest month this year world wide. Except for the draught in the central US. It is hard to compare numbers from previous years unless you have tons of time to do it because you have to look at each area at a time and some areas have wetter years and dryer years.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I think tho, Mr Crazy, we can safely say: "Thank goodness your prediction didn't come to fruition" seeing as how you put a deadline with it? Although it might seem there's a lot going on atmospherically at the moment.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Now I hear rumors of a potential superstorm.

fox41blogs.typepad.com...

It could hit the US in a few days

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

A-ha! I know. When I heard the news of the possible "Frankenstorm" I immediately thought of your thread. You did mention somewhere that your timing might have been wrong. Hope you're not anywhere near all the action. If you are, get your rubber duck, grab a towel (Douglas Adams seems to think they're VERY important) and most important: DON'T PANIC.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

I am pretty much well out of the way of the danger zone. Although I do have some family in the north east. Well it definitely looks to be an interesting winter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join