It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalous Clock Watching, or Something Else?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My internal clock is set on an 11 minute cycle. Weird, but plausible in a stretch.

See, an 11-minute cycle can't be the whole story, because every hour the cycle gets broken. You go from 1:11 to 1:22, 1:33, 1:44, 1:55. So far, so good. But there's no 1:66. Eleven minutes after 1:55 is 2:06.

So to get double digits from 1:55, you either have a five-minute gap to 2:00, or a 16 minute gap to 2:11.

But yeah, your internal clock definitely could be accurate enough to let you catch the various double digits, especially if you tend to unconsciously forget the views that aren't double digits.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by baruch60610

CONFIRMATION BIAS! That's the phrase I was trying to remember.

This :11, :22 occurrence is not an everyday event. It seems to have diminished somewhat since I put this thread on the internet. Right now, I think I would have to confess that I am in the act of not letting it happen.

Since it was ramping up, I was getting into a, "What is with this?" state of mind.

I have considered synchronicity but that I am on the fence about. There have been several unexplainable events in my life. Those however, are common to everyone.

After this thread, I accept it as a curiosity in my life. A simple trick of the mind is good enough for me.

Honestly, I think I was expecting this thread to bring out more people with the same complaint. Then, I would have really become curious.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I agree, our internal clock is very capable of doing that. It can wake you up at the exact time every morning if you want it to. I used to get up right around five minutes before the alarm clock when I was working on a schedule and it seems like if I set the clock for a different time, I would get up five minutes before that new time.

I believe our "internal clocks" are another segment of our brains that many of us use, yet some of us don't realize the ability our brains have to set our internal clocks over and over without so much as a reminder from ourselves! It can be a wonderful tool in many instances.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RighteousDude

Actually it is a thread that comes up every few months or so. You would probably be surprised. It doesn't mean that the paranormal doesn't exist. Just that when examining it, it is best to eliminate the mundane first. In the case of seeing random numbers, I have yet to see a case where it couldn't be explained as a normal function of the brain. The brain is pretty remarkable in it's ability to pick out patterns whether it be numbers, language usage or body language. Most of the time for most people it works pretty autonomously.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is funny because it happens to me a lot. It seems that during the day when I decide to look at a clock or watch, the time is 2:22. I wake up and roll over and look at the clock and it says 2:22 in the A.M.. It's happened many, many times.

I always say "two.....twenty two" in a William Shatner voice everytime it happens lol.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Fylgje because: to add to my post dude

top topics

<< 1   >>

join