It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalous Clock Watching, or Something Else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't like starting threads, but I posted this earlier in a previous thread, then I decided it probably would warrant it's own thread. I have been perplexed by this numeric/digital time phenomena and would like some insight into whether or not other people have the same type of occurrence and how they deal with and what do they think is behind it.

I think a Native American would consider this the work of the trickster.

I get :11, :22, :33, :44, :55 all the time when I look at a clock. I have tried to say it's just me, and that my subconscious has acquired some compulsive disorder or something. It has been going on for over a year and seems to be increasing. I want to know what makes this happen. It defies reason.

I work on jobsites where there are no clocks and leave my cell phone in the truck because having things in your pockets can be annoying. I go to the truck and check my phone and more often than not, it's :11, :22, etc.

Wake up from a dead sleep in the middle of the night... BINGO.

I know the odds are 1:6, but when you are constantly removed from a clock and all of the sudden you see one this happens with increasing frequency, it gets you mind churning and curious as to what it with this thing.

I like to think that it's from the great beyond, somebody's saying, "We're here for ya, and you're on track. Lookin' good!", but I really don't know.

Sometimes, I say,"Okay, what do you want?" and then I get the unexplainable sensation that there is more than one presence involved. A little bit creepy.

Any ideas on how to open a dialogue with whomever or whatever is involved here if anything?

Or should I just chalk it up to serendipity or coincidence?
edit on 29-8-2012 by RighteousDude because: Typo

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I just freaked myself out. Look at my time stamp!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
OK, I normally would not reply to something like this cos I would be branded a wacko, but YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!! I have been talking to my wife about it for the last couple of months. It has gotten so bad/frequent now that I actually text her 12:11 , 15:22 etc etc, of course she is getting a bit pissed off with me but it's just freaky it happens.............I thought I was going loony until you posted this?!

Is it chance?

Surely not, it happens all the time.......excuse the pun.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I oddly like this thread.

I've had "issues" with glancing at clocks and more than 50% of the time

seeing a 37 or 36.

With all the coincidentals you mentioned. AM waking. Waking from sleep.

Randomly looking at a clock.

Almost as strange as the times i startle awake thinking the phone will ring...

and 15 seconds later it does. And no one answers.

(*** added later: and my timestamp has a 3:06 in it!!! ***)

Anyone get those weird cell texts from "nobody" as well? That's a bit off topic. sorry.

Its late on the east coast. Gotta wrap it up.

edit on 8/29/2012 by drphilxr because: my timestamp

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RighteousDude

I've noticed the same thing. With me it's :13. Even when I'm cooking something in the microwave and look up to check the remaining time it's (almost) invariably something:13.

Which reminds me of something I was telling someone the other day. I wear an analog Swiss Army watch. Without fail--and I mean literally without fail--every time I look at it to check the date (which is in a window where the 3 would be), it's always exactly 15 minutes past the hour, and the window is obscured by the minute hand on the watch.

Like you, I'm deeply chagrined by the possibility that my "subconscious has developed a compulsive disorder," but there it is....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Thanks. I feel better already. I was going to reply earlier but my computer crashed at 11:33.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It is nothing all that remarkable. Small part coincidence and large part of your internal clock setting a pattern that is all.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Nice Avatar.......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Your time stamp says 12:55. Was that by design? My computer crashed at 11:33. I started this thread at 10:55. That is not an internal clock setting a pattern. That is a set of interesting coincidences.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me curious.

Again, did you intentionally wait to post at 12:55 just for fun?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I agree, our internal clock is very capable of doing that. It can wake you up at the exact time every morning if you want it to. I used to get up right around five minutes before the alarm clock when I was working on a schedule and it seems like if I set the clock for a different time, I would get up five minutes before that new time.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

There is no such thing as coincidence, except for the fact that it is a word created by man

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You're saying my internal clock is set to send me to my truck at 2:22 or 11:44 or 8:33 to check my cell phone.

You're saying my internal clock tells me it's 3:44 am.

My internal clock is set on an 11 minute cycle. Weird, but plausible in a stretch.

Feels bigger than that though. I better post this before 8:33.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

No I am saying that your internal clock may cause you to look at the clock at preset intervals set on an earthly cycle that coincides with a clock. It could cause you to be at a place at that time also.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It looks we just said the same thing just differently.

No matter, it's just a curious thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It doesn't have to be an exact 11 minute cycle. It can span hours. You internal clock could just as easily skip said 11 minutes and you look at 22 minutes instead. Like say you were busy doing something and didn't have a moment to spare, you would then wait until the second 11 minute block occurred. That is why it just seems so random, you aren't really paying attention to it until it happens. Also you mainly notice it when it is duplicate numbers like 2:55 and 11:11 because they are a more rare event than other combination types. And no it was just coincidence that i posted at that time.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Okay. so I've got a 21 jewel internal clock or an atomic internal clock. I never need an alarm clock and I used to know just about what time it was without being in the vicinity of a clock. So basically, there is nothing mystical to this whatsoever and I need not think such things. It's just in my head.

Now that you have corrected me, I can live for the other ten minutes in the cycle. Silly thing, the mind.

Nuff said. So long

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a coincidence. Every individual occurrence in this reality is attached to every other occurrence. This is how we experience "synchronicity."

Now, I started experiencing the 1111 and 111 last year. It suddenly appeared. I am EXTREMELY aware in my everyday existence and I am an avid analyzer and thinker. I notice EVERY little thing, as much as my consciousness allows.

When I started noticing the 1111 and 111s, I had recently begun meditation practices to ease some of the personal stress in my life. I had no idea what was in store for me.

To make a long story short, the 1s started to turn into 2s and 3s. I would wake up at 4:44 or 3:33am on the dot. I would glance at the clock for no reason when the minute struck :11, :22, :33, etc. I NEVER DID THIS BEFORE!My store receipts always ended up in strange sequences such as $2.22 or $3.33.

I studied math in college so I am extremely aware of numbers and sequences, statistics etc. IF I did happen to become more aware of something I had been doing all along, the question is then, what is making me become more conscious all of a sudden?

At the same time I started experiencing more "weird" events and shadows moving in my peripherals. I started thinking something was wrong with me so I started doing lots of research as well as looking into myself for the answers. I've discovered that this is related to an evolution of our consciousness as humans. There is a huge awakening going on, regardless of whether we believe it or not.

The Mayan calendar has significant meaning in this time of our history; not necessarily bad or end-of-days, but the end of reality as we've known it. Anyone seeing these number sequences should understand that something has been activated within you, that has yet to be realized. We are somewhat pioneers in the next stage of human evolution.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of you experiencing these repeating number "coincidences" are also experiencing other events such as vivid dreams, feeling strange bodily vibrations--especially during sleep,sleep paralysis, hearing voices during wakening, lucid dreams; "knowing" things that later come true without any external input, "seeing" things peripherally that others do not; knowing what people are going to say before they say it...the list goes on.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
That is why it just seems so random, you aren't really paying attention to it until it happens.

Sorry, but what you said here just seems kind of redundant. Of course he isn't paying attention to it until it happens. Nobody pays attention to things unless they are significant in some way. I mean, nobody phones the police when their house doesn't get broken into.

Anyways, OP, I experience the same thing, not only on clocks, but anywhere numbers are involved. I have no explanation for it, but I know that I'm not purposely looking for it. I just happen to turn my head in a certain direction and there it is

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I get it in different places also. Trip odometers, and all that. I don't count the $19.99 signs. I must admit that since I started this thread it has cut back somewhat. That, in itself is interesting. KeliOnyx put the jimmy on it; like the spooks said, "He's not gonna listen to us now."

Now it's just the weird dreams and shadows walking around my room. The mundane annoyances that really get my craw.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, I counted two timestamps with double digits, out of a total of 19 posts. Not compelling, at least in my opinion.

As you pointed out, the odds are 1/6 that you'll see a time with a double digit, when using a digital clock assuming that your views occurred randomly. However, there are many reasons why you might not be viewing the clock randomly. One reason is that, subconsciously, you are tending to look more often when it's a double-digit. The mind is able to gauge time relatively accurately, so this wouldn't be too remarkable. No clue whether that's what you're doing, but it's a possibility. Perhaps your viewing is triggered by certain things such as TV shows coming on, noises from the street, etc.

Another possible explanation is that you're looking at more-or-less random times, but forgetting the non-double digits. It's called Confirmation Bias. As Sir Francis Bacon said, “The root of all superstition is that men observe when a thing hits, but not when it misses.” It is possible that you were surprised about finding a few double-digit views, and decided to look for them. When they hit, you remember; when they don't, it's not remarkable, so you tend to unconsciously forget about them.

I'm not greatly attached to either of these notions. I don't know you, your habits, nor your state of mind. Everything I suggested may be completely wrong. I'm just throwing them out there as possibilities.

If the views are significant, you have to ask, "significant of what?" If it's a message, it's mighty cryptic. But it may be something else - perhaps your subconscious sensitivity to some fluctuation of energy. Again, just tossing out ideas, not seriously claiming to believe any of them.

I'd be interested to find whether this happens to you with clocks all over the place, or just with certain ones - maybe your own clocks, your computer's clock, etc. Does the real time matter, or do you get the double-digits even when the real time is something else? That sort of thing.

If you aren't familiar with the concept, you might want to check out synchronicity. CG Jung developed part of his theory of psychology on the occurrence of meaningful coincidences. Perhaps that might shed some light on what you're experiencing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join