It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama participates in surprise Reddit chat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The "regulars" are on this thread and trying their best to trash this event, but it simply will not work this time because Barack's appearance on reddit was simply too cool.

You cannot compete with Barack's coolness. Since I seriously doubt a president--any president at all--can do anything to actually "change" or "improve" the state of this country, then I have to choose who I feel is at least making it look like they can understand me. Mitt Romney cannot even pretend to understand me and my situation. At least Barack Obama makes an effort, and even pretending is an effort.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

To MODS, why was the previous thread about his closed? It was started before this one?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Interesting that while being in office for several years he chose this year to do his chat. I'm sure he is concerned with the peoples questions.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Well he should be concerned with mine. Asked rather taboo ones

My comment was just removed from reddit....

edit on 30-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I love that he did this, I wish more of our politicians would. One of the most disappointing things to me about Obama, is his failure to step up on the bully pulpit every time Congress chose to obstruct and not do right by the people.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Even though hes a busy man, whenever hes campaigning you can tell that he actually enjoys meeting and talking with us common people. Mitt Romney just has a disgusted look on his face, like immediatly after he talks to a regular person, he sanitizes his hands.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

What will you say if Romney tries it?

I love this site because everything Obama does, ATS spins it into a negative birther comment. Gotta love it.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly.

Some people just don't want to see anything positive from this experience.

And I'm sure that there were plenty of people asking questions that were inflammatory and/or full of falsehoods and lies. No wonder he didn't answer them.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Did anyone ask him when the jobs are coming? How about when he's going to stop dividing the country with his divisive tactics and start uniting people. Yeah he's cool. He posts on a social media chat forum, but does he do any work?

gees...he told you what he was doing...your republican congressmen might want to actually start working with him, instead of against him...congress has the power of the purse, they legislate...obama only can sign the bill into law...why is nobody demanding the republicans in the house to do their jobs

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Okay so some of you think this is soo cool
That's fine everyone is entitled to their own view of what is cool. I fail to feel the same obviously is that in and of itself it is just more political pandering. Just like any other kind of political speech it is scripted to who is being courted. Campaign funds are spent on this kind of thing. Well planned, but still typical political fare. Cool does not equal effective.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Okay so some of you think this is soo cool
That's fine everyone is entitled to their own view of what is cool. I fail to feel the same obviously is that in and of itself it is just more political pandering. Just like any other kind of political speech it is scripted to who is being courted. Campaign funds are spent on this kind of thing. Well planned, but still typical political fare. Cool does not equal effective.

So the first time ever a Presidential Candidate goes onto an internet forum unannounced to interact with the users....and you are too cool for school huh???

Tell me...what would make you happy???

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

He claimed he was creating jobs, but instead he chose to use his two years with a democratic congress to ram a HC bill down their throats without input from the other side.

You have no idea what your talking about do you? It was the republicans that told Obama if the single payer mandate isn't put into the HC bill we won't vote for it. Heaven forbid if the insurance companies miss out on a few bucks.

Alternative energy is a great pursuit, but it not a pursuit meant to be undertaken when the economy of the world is in the toilet.

So Obama is responsible for the world's economy now? He is only accountable for Americas economy the rest of the world can look after their own problems besides the fed. reserve has given trillions of our dollars to these deadbeat countries already enough is enough. You want to develop alt energies now instead of waiting for the oil to run out.

Please! He is not a unifier and he's in way over his head. Another four years of his leadership and we'll be a third world nation.

America was already teetering on becoming a third world nation when he walked into office. Maybe you should be asking the party that said we will do everything we can to make sure he is a one term president the day he walked into office why don't you want America to become strong again?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

why is nobody demanding the republicans in the house to do their jobs

They are doing their jobs for the wealthy. Most of the republicans turned their backs on the working man decades ago when that failure Reagan was in office.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Obama is cool as hell.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Obama is a putz.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join