It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do the commands for existence come from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Where do the commands come from?

For the operations of cells within bodies, for grass to sprout, for tree's to die, for the wind to blow, for dna to function, for number of given revolutions of electrons around a nucleus, for this world to end and the next one begin......

Someone asked me this the other day and I thought it was a fascinating question and am interested in your take

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Why should we assume commands are needed? Things are in constant motion and for every action there is a reaction. Most things you described are long chains of events of things working as they simply do, i am not sure anything needs to guide it but i could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
everything is made up of vibrations of light waves.
the fact that something 'exists' is because we observe it,and formulate it into existence with our conscience and unconscience electrical signals we call our mind!

i love quantum physics!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think it comes down to probabilities. Some sequences, designs, and commands are more probable to emerge as opposed to others.

I'm being purposely vague with my answer since the question is as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

everything is made up of vibrations of light waves. the fact that something 'exists' is because we observe it,and formulate it into existence with our conscience and unconscience electrical signals we call our mind!

Well where do the commands come from for vibrations to act the way they do, the commands for conscience to be sentient, for the observer to observe, for the electrical signals to do what they do?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Z=Not(And(X,Y))

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't think you'll get the answer you are seeking, which is God.

Science will one day prove the existence of an intelligence, a desingner, but maybe not in the way that many believe or hope.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

the universal mind! or god,whatever you want to call IT!
mystics have been searching for IT since the beginning of time
the celts called it the web of life,because they believed everything is connected.
jewish mystics called it the god head (kabbala tree of life)
Buddhists think that when you realize that you don't really exist,you experience the one true reality
the ancient greek saying - 'i think,therefore i am' is a perfect example how the ancients understood what we call quantum physics!
theres an old magik saying that goes 'many names,one god'!
good luck on your journey!

hope this helps

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
I don't think you'll get the answer you are seeking, which is God.

Science will one day prove the existence of an intelligence, a desingner, but maybe not in the way that many believe or hope.

Well...in the existence of an INFINITE SYSTEM which is a Multiverse.....every possibility MUST EXIST! Thus...there is a Universe where GOD EXISTS and a Universe where GOD does NOT EXIST. SO SAYETH THE MATH! LOL!

By the way...although it sometimes takes time even years or centuries....everything that has been proven to be a reasonable fact...has MATH to back it up. There has never been a case where something has proven to exist...that MATH did not back up or have a line of logic that dictates the MATH will prove it. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

For the operations of cells within bodies, for grass to sprout, for tree's to die, for the wind to blow, for dna to function, for number of given revolutions of electrons around a nucleus, for this world to end and the next one begin.....

You asked a bunch of different questions that have a bunch of different answers.

Not sure where to start...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

DNA, RNA, amino acids, and various chemicals. These are where biological commands are housed. Now, now those commands got into those things, and how it all came together in one package? That's the argument that nobody has a definitive answer for.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks

For the operations of cells within bodies, for grass to sprout, for tree's to die, for the wind to blow, for dna to function, for number of given revolutions of electrons around a nucleus, for this world to end and the next one begin.....

You asked a bunch of different questions that have a bunch of different answers.

Not sure where to start...

Hey old friend. Well having had some experience with your replies from previous posts, im sure your answers are meant to go like this:
In reference to "commands for grass to sprout"..... youd say something to the effect of......when spring comes, correct soil temp, hydration level, soil ph, etc...... spring relates to earths tilt and distance from sun, etc etc.

However, as much as we can link scientific answers to cause and effect .....everything seems specifically organized and systematically setup, things seem engineered, with mechanics in place that await commands to act. I guess i see it all as alive and not static...... intuitively there seems to be commands in place

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Hey old friend. Well having had some experience with your replies from previous posts, im sure your answers are meant to go like this: In reference to "commands for grass to sprout"..... youd say something to the effect of......when spring comes, correct soil temp, hydration level, soil ph, etc...... spring relates to earths tilt and distance from sun, etc etc. However, as much as we can link scientific answers to cause and effect .....everything seems specifically organized and systematically setup, things seem engineered, with mechanics in place that await commands to act. I guess i see it all as alive and not static...... intuitively there seems to be commands in place

Considering the bitterness, sarcasm and sheer snarky arrogance from your reply, I take it we are in fact not friends. I'll also take it that you were not really interested in these things but rather made a thread entirely utilizing rhetorical questions, so to come off with the appearance of being an actually sincere and curious individual, when in reality you were more interested in finding a new audience to spout your precontrived dogma to. Silly me, always giving you fundamentalists a second chance...

Have fun!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Reply to post by reficul

I would agree, except light is a wave only when unobserved (not detected) but is a particle when it is observed. Double Slit Experiment kind of gets rid of an objective reality.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

No nothing like what you say. Most, if not all of your reply, is conceptual assumption, and nowhere near the truth. Was just saying, i could easily tell how ur reply would go. Am i wrong that you were going to answer the way i predicted? Of course if i was right, at this point you wouldn't admit it.....

Feel free to post what you think the answer is....... the other posters in this thread sure gave some interesting replies

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

For the operations of cells within bodies, for grass to sprout, for tree's to die, for the wind to blow, for dna to function, for number of given revolutions of electrons around a nucleus, for this world to end and the next one begin......

Someone asked me this the other day and I thought it was a fascinating question and am interested in your take

Yours is the question non can answer
What caused the Universe to come into existence
It is like asking who made God to a God believer

All we ever view is effect in this respect.
You can trace back a chain of events but non can truly answer what caused it
Some say God but where did God from
Some say Big Bang but what caused it

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Hey thanks for the reply. Yea it all goes back to origins of existence itself

Some say there are perhaps quadrillions of big bangs going on.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It is though Gods will that everything is brought into and held within existence. Not mine, Not yours, Not the trees, Not the wind, not cells. Only Gods will.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by artistpoet

Hey thanks for the reply. Yea it all goes back to origins of existence itself

Some say there are perhaps quadrillions of big bangs going on.

Yes I think there is in this respect.
If there was an original Big Bang that brought the Universe into being then other Universes could have already existed.

When a large star goes supernova it forms a Black Hole and also the material it sheds coalesces into countless stars that in turn follow the same pattern or design.

When I was a child I asked "What if instead of all this there was nothing at all"
I guess the answer could be - something would happen But what is behind that something is a vast Intelligence that defies explanation - For to answer it we would have to be more than just a part of it but be it.
However I believe through our own intelligence (Not Academic) we can come to an understanding that brings peace of mind and a sense of wonder

new topics

top topics

join