It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds Pretty Obama-like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Obama Honored Fallen SEALs By Sending Their Parents a Form Letter Signed By Electric Pen
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

He's got time to practice his golf swing, but too busy to sign a letter to parents of dead soldiers.

What a slap in the face any soldier's family not only SEALS.

One of his 2008 campaign promises was to end the war. No sweat off his fanny.

ATS search done

edit on 8/29/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ya, like george bush and mitt romney would take some time of their privileged lives to hand write 30 letters.

their self-importance prevents them.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

"Mr. Bush, for instance, has sent personal letters to the families of every one of the more than 4,000 troops who have died in the two wars, an enormous personal effort that consumed hours of his time and escaped public notice.

current.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well...it's not like they can vote for him anymore. He doesn't see people...he sees only votes.

What's wrong with this man. This man who claims to be their Commander and Chief. Has he no shame.....

Empathy should be a prerequisite of holding the Office of the President of the United States.

Des

edit on 29-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Typical narcissist - putting himself above the benevolent gesture of putting pen to paper.

What an insult to the recipients

Oh btw

No sweat off his fanny.

That's hilarious to an Oz.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It may be a form letter but the signature is different on the 2 that you can see (the tail on the O in Obama is obviously different) so the signatures are not all the same as many articles suggest.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

BTW, Obama has already played his 100th round of golf. LOL

President Obama plays 100th round of golf, draws fire from critics By Mark Knoller
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
He is following in the tradition of President Bush for sending form letters to grieving families.

From NEWSWEEK, 12/5/03:
www.msnbc.com...
The article is old so the link does not work, but you can find the text online (and plenty of references to the article)

Sympathy Forms

Bush famously refuses to attend GIs’ funerals. But couldn’t he send something more personal to grieving families?

NEWSWEEK WEB EXCLUSIVE

They point out that Bush is "writing" letters to each of the soldiers’ families instead of going to the services. So I asked some families about the sympathy letters they had received. I assumed that they were in the Bush family style. Both his father and his mother come from a generation of note writers. His mother’s Christmas list is notoriously long and his father is

This Bush has followed suit, often using his thick Sharpie to pen short notes to friends, foes and fund-raisers. But those are not the letters Bush is "writing." They are form letters.

With the exception of the salutation and a reference to the fallen soldier in the text, the letters the families shared with me are all the same. Now some one has gone to the trouble of finding out if the given name of the solider and the name he or she used were different.

And Bush does sign them all personally.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by Elton

BTW, Obama has already played his 100th round of golf. LOL

President Obama plays 100th round of golf, draws fire from critics By Mark Knoller
www.cbsnews.com...

Lol indeed

It's not so good that this is the newsworthy stuff and our congress not working does not even lift an eyebrow... I think the press has failed us (not for reporting this, but for ignoring so much).

Same crap as when they tried to imply that every visit to Crawford was a non-working vacation.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

What does that have to do with this thread? Bush is not the sitting President. Everything Obama does is under the microscope. The Economy, "ACA," and Gender Pay Equality (Obama Administration's Gender Pay Gap is the Worst in History)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I would say it shows that the current president is faithfully following the precedent set by the former president.
randomname brought Bush's letter writing into this thread so I am quite on topic to respond... I suppose you could ignore or report the post if you think it is waaaay out of line and off topic...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Naaa...I'm anti-government and anti-moderator. LOL

top topics

join