It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Real Issues: Economy and Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, war was discussed as a big issue. As I understand it, we withdrew from Iraq because the agreement negotiated under Bush said we would. While the current administration asked to have combat troops stay longer, they weren't able to persuade the Iraqis to allow it.

Obama has called Afghanistan "the good war" and ordered a surge of more troops (30,000 if I recall). I have lost count of how many countries we have attacked through drones or special forces units in the last four years.

And the situation in the future looks very troubled and risky, indeed.

I would think that people who are concerned about the spread of combat in the world would look very critically at Obama on this issue.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by Elton

You missed the point. Why should "Americans" be required to buy anything? Do we have to also buy the air we breath? It goes agains the fundamentals of the the Constitution. Where does it say in the Constitution that we are required to purchase anything?

HERE IS MY QUESTION: CAN THE GOVERNMENT FORCE THEIR CITIZENS TO BUY ANYTHING?

So this means you want single payer correct?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Very Good Question. I AND MOST AMERICANS WANT TO REPEAL OBAMACARE.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Most voted for Obama because they wanted health care reform. I suppose it depends which survey you agree with to determine 'most'. If most want it gone then we will elect Romney and he will repeal it...

Children’s Pre-Existing Conditions - Insurance companies can no longer limit or deny benefits to children under age 19 due to a pre-existing health condition.

Doctor Choice & ER Access - You have the right to choose the doctor you want from your plan’s network or seek emergency care at a hospital outside of your health plan’s network.

Curbing Insurance Cancellations - Insurance companies can no longer cancel your coverage just because you made an honest mistake on your application.

Medicare Drug Discounts - Eligible seniors who are in the coverage gap known as the “donut hole” automatically receive a discount on prescription drugs in 2011 and beyond.

Young Adult Coverage - If you are under 26, you may be eligible for health insurance coverage under your parent’s plan.

Again, what is so bad about these things that are included in Obamacare... Repealing them would hurt people, are you sure you don't want reasonable health care reform instead? (like replace the insurance mandate with something you like better) or must it all go to satisfy you?
edit on 30-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
How can you pay for something from nothing? Before you can pay for the individual mandate from Obamacare, there has to be income generated. Most middle class people are going paycheck to paycheck. Is there a better way to fund ACA (Obamacare)?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I thought you weren't going to pay the VICTIM CARD?

Originally posted by Elton

Most voted for Obama because they wanted health care reform.

Children’s Pre-Existing Conditions - Insurance companies can no longer limit or deny benefits to children under age 19 due to a pre-existing health condition.

Doctor Choice & ER Access - You have the right to choose the doctor you want from your plan’s network or seek emergency care at a hospital outside of your health plan’s network.

Curbing Insurance Cancellations - Insurance companies can no longer cancel your coverage just because you made an honest mistake on your application.

Medicare Drug Discounts - Eligible seniors who are in the coverage gap known as the “donut hole” automatically receive a discount on prescription drugs in 2011 and beyond.

Young Adult Coverage - If you are under 26, you may be eligible for health insurance coverage under your parent’s plan.

Again, what is so bad about these things that are included in Obamacare... Repealing them would hurt people, are you sure you don't want reasonable health care reform instead? (like replace the insurance mandate with something you like better) or must it all go to satisfy you?

edit on 30-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: VICTIM CARD

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

How can you pay for something from nothing? Before you can pay for the individual mandate from Obamacare, there has to be income generated. Most middle class people are going paycheck to paycheck. Is there a better way to fund ACA (Obamacare)?

I am having trouble finding an ubiased looking site (both sides love this topic is seems)
The added benefit of having more folks in the insurance pool will likely be offset costwise by additional bureaucracy so i will say taxes and fees will fund it.

I am supportive of the coverage it provides and I would hope that the tax increase is small. A lot of money could be freed up in our budget by ending our wars we are currently fighting (the monthly cost is staggering and makes many other budget items look cheap in comparison, but I risk ending up way off-topic with that subject).

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
this rhetoric is specifically designed to, in our eyes, think somehow it's more of a priority. at this point does anyone have a glimmer of hope? i sure don't not at all and it's a scary place to be.

<< 1   >>

join