It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can the real truth be found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Most of use of heard of Facebook, the latest fad in internet multi media. It has also become a soap box pillar for the new age leaders to communicate their ideas of this and that of enlightenment. The format of these pages are generally similar lots of poems and statements on metaphysical and alternative belief systems.

I have been on ATS for about nearly a month and very surprised to find the people who are authoring and replying in threads are intelligent communicators of thought maps which allow breaking down conspiracies, new science, metaphysics, and other alternative subjects to their basic building blocks that even a child might understand.

In a short time i have been exposed to many ideas, beliefs which challenge my own ideas and beliefs. I presume these are coming from just everyday people writing their thoughts down and not regurgitating the the products of what they leant in a new age workshop.

I am now wondering why any one would go to facebook or visit a new age workshop (either online or at physical venue) when they can come on ATS. It particulalry amazes me when i read of people travelling far to attend a new age workshop, or seminar when they could start a thread on ATS and tap the wisdom here.

Where can the real truth be found?
Do we need to pay for the truth? Do we need to follow a guru on facebook to find wisdom or truth? Do we need to enrol in a new age course or workshop? Or do we just save all that effort and come to Ats when we want to get to the bottom of the truth?

What yours thoughts?

edit on 29-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Science can't even give you the "truth" only what they know based on our current level of understanding.

But some how I doubt truth can be found in any "NEW" age movement.

I am sure some people out there got something from what ever it is the new age movement expounds.

For them that is truth, Because in the end thats about the level of truth you can get, how it directly effects your life.

Anything else is all subjective.

What you describe ATS is the result of open Discourse, the free sharing of information and knowledge. Freely (mostly freely as long as it doesn't violate TOS) disscussed with a variety of opinion is vital to Society as a whole.

It allows ideas to flourish and grow, even if the the Discourse is a bit heated at times I like to think it enlightens all.

I can give you my own personal views of what the "Truth" is but really it wouldn't matter, it would simply be my opinion and hold no more weight than any other truth out there to you.
edit on 29-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The truth? Look up at night and realize you're not looking up but within. All those stars are potentials, how many of them contain something pondering the same looking within. Each of us bits and pieces of the cosmos, just energy come to change form.

What we interpret as the void is the whole, you just have to learn to see past the limits of mind and body. Why would one ever feel alone when we are part of this macrocosm that repeats itself down into the microcosm with simple beauty.

You don't have to pay for this or go to some guru, you just have to let go.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Science & Philosophy.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If you know the seed of truth, the rest falls into place. It's found in our will to choose.

Give and receive. Never take.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
My angle for finding truth is a 3 part assertion..

Step 1. Triangulation:
- Always get multiple readings of any single instance, the more the better! Then look for what seems to ring true at the core of all of them. Even if there are vast differences, many/most will have common denominators so to speak and there in the truth usually hinges.

Step 2. Go with your gut:
- Nothing is quite as astute as your gut instincts. This is not to say you have some magical barometer for BS inside you, but more often than not if something just reverberates as right within you, it is. And vice cersa...

Step 3. Seperate opinion from fact:
- Try to read and comprehend at the same time. VERY often assumption and/or opinion is presented as fact. Learn to know the difference and monitor what you let filter in accordingly.

Using these 3 steps usually puts me on the right direction. If I can find common ground after viewing all angles, understand what is actually being presented, and it still rings true to me then I have no problem holding it as truth until proven otherwise.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The search for Truth is pointless; it's a wasted effort. There is no "truth" which will not change. Everything is subject to our understanding as it stands at the point in time we make our observation. The sooner you accept that truth is subjective, the sooner you can start to live a more meaningful, spiritual, and purposeful life.

If, however, you're really looking for the "closest" thing to truth, become a mathematician, physicist, or biologist. While none of them know the absolute truth (as it does not exist) they stand the closest to it. Their findings are based on observable, repeatable, empirical evidence. The way they say the universe, the human mind, and the body work is as close to "truth" as you're ever going to get.

Or, you can listen to the people who say: aliens have long, flowing blond hair, look like us, come from Venus, and have interstellar transportation; that particular minerals of the earth relive specific ills; certain colors can cure particular diseases; and proper placement of your furniture will increase happiness and success in your external affairs.

Your call.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I have been on ATS for about nearly a month and very surprised to find the people who are authoring and replying in threads are intelligent communicators of thought maps

LOL, where is this intelligence you speak of? you hvent been here long enough-TRUTH

JK maybe the "intelligent" ones of ATS do not affiliate them selves with Facebook in order maintain anonymity. Or atleast very little use of.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Where can the real truth be found? Do we need to pay for the truth? Do we need to follow a guru on facebook to find wisdom or truth? Do we need to enrol in a new age course or workshop? Or do we just save all that effort and come to Ats when we want to get to the bottom of the truth?

I believe highly in attending retreats and workshops because it pulls you out of the comfort zone that is your place, and puts in you a new environment which forces you to look at your own mind/ego and to fine tune yourself and learn to be at home around others. On top of that, being with like minded people helps.

Years ago a went to a meditation session, which I had been at before. However this time, One of the guys there had his third eye W I D E open. After the meditation was done, he leaned over to me to say something, and it was like one candle lighting another, because then my third eye lit up, and I was off on various enlightening adventures the next few weeks after that occurred.

Other than that, you will find truth as direct experience ONLY. Everything else is either books or peoples theories that are all based on the relative conceptual level of thought. You want the direct experience of Absolute Truth. I would highly recommend I Am That by Nisargadatta, anything by Ramana Maharshi, the book called (the most rapid and direct means to eternal bliss which is online for free), Dzogchen, Christian Mysticism, A.H. Almass, and Anadi .......... all those right there will be enough for you to formulate and extract blueprints on how to reach the ABsolute Truth be experiencing it face to face. Everything else, after seeing this plateau, remains as particles of dust ....if you ask me
edit on 29-8-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Truth is only found though reason and intellect. The poster above me derives truth from feelings. Feelings are nothing but unreasoned opinions.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies they are insightful and also with a tinge of humour added.

My own idea of truth is that for beings who have been taught or naturally learnt a system of interpretation then truth is measured directly by the metrics used in that system. To place that statement in context consider a babys mind. The babys mind is clean and pure there is no system or metric. The only downside is the baby isnt mature enough to be fully aware of itself. Imagine if we as adult could reestablish our original baseline. No longer constrained by the passageway of time immortality could be at our grasps and once immortal what wonders and mysteries of the universe couldnt we unlock.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

Truth is only found though reason and intellect. V6The poster above me derives truth from feelings. Feelings are nothing but unreasoned opinions.

The Absolute Truth i speak of, is Absolute and transcends feelings, reason, intellect, and exists prior to thought.

Op said:

My own idea of truth is that for beings who have been taught or naturally learnt a system of interpretation then truth is measured directly by the metrics used in that system. To place that statement in context consider a babys mind. The babys mind is clean and pure there is no system or metric. The only downside is the baby isnt mature enough to be fully aware of itself. Imagine if we as adult could reestablish our original baseline. No longer constrained by the passageway of time immortality could be at our grasps and once immortal what wonders and mysteries of the universe couldnt we unlock.

And what you have concluded here is truly brilliant because it is exactly as all the books i have posted describe.

Basically enlightenment is the unknowing and letting go of all relative learnt systems and interpretations, which results in a shift of perspective, bringing you back to the childlike awareness that is ever present and exists prior to all relatives. Finding and remaining in awareness will eventually reveal the source of awareness, which is itself the Absolute truth

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I believe we go to ATS (or other sites or places if that's your thing) to search for answers and the truth.
For if we do not search at all.. we will never find the answers.
& you need to have an open mind to find truth. If you go into it with preconceived notions you are putting up a wall to really learn anything at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The Absolute Truth i speak of, is Absolute and transcends feelings, reason, intellect, and exists prior to thought.
this type of truth sounds to me like it can not be imagined . Us as humans can only make mental pictures of the physical universe. Feelings on the other hand do "transcend" the physical universe. Think your a little confused as to what constitutes truth.

Basically enlightenment is the unknowing and letting go of all relative learnt systems and interpretations, which results in a shift of perspective, bringing you back to the childlike awareness that is ever present and exists prior to all relatives. Finding and remaining in awareness will eventually reveal the source of awareness, which is itself the Absolute truth
I have to disagree with your definition on the word enlightenment. Enlightenment is awareness however, only though knowledge can we be aware of things. To be aware of something is to KNOW that that something actually exists.To have knowledge of something one must have some kind of intelligence (intellect).Only though reasoning can this awareness be determined. Your absolute truth can only be described as above and beyond description which basically boils down simply as a state of being. Nothing more than a feeling. Yes your feelings are real and true,However they are truly unreasoned opinions and not absolute truth.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join