It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Vivid Dream Of The Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It started off with me being in the backseat of automobile(if you could call it that) with a young couple. I am not sure who they where but it was like I knew them but didn't also, dreams can be like that sometimes. Anyway they must have known I was from the past cause they would explain everything to me. So whe are cruising along a very wide road that appeared to be made of plastic. I asked the couple about it and they explained that is was in fact a plastic road and it was made from recycled plastics and also helped in powering the vehicle, I asked but all they knew was it had something to do with charged static electricity. We continued along this plastic highway for a while as I enjoyed the scenery. Holografic billboards and road signs. What reall got my attention is that as you drove there was audio that would come from the plastic pavement. Like a vinyl record and needle. These would be road alerts and even advertisements. I mentioned to the couple that this could get annoying. They explained that they could opt to turn it off but it was a toll road and they would then be charged and it was very expensive.

As we tooled around their vehicle for a while not much coversation the male driver was coming to a stop on a what I call a clusterfrick of a intersection when he accidentally overshot the stop line. Alarm klaxons and blinking lights went off in this vehicle, then what sounded like a robotic female stern voice came on and said "FAILURE TO STOP, FINE OF 1000 FEDERAL CREDITS! WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY NOW OR LOOSE DRIVING PRIVELEDGES FOR 30 DAYS AND BE IMMEADIATELY PORTED TO YOUR GARAGE?" Then a holografic screen popped up above the dashboard and with options. PAY NOW or PORT the driver quite clearly pissed cussed for a bit and a then the stern robot female voice exclaimed "ADDITIONAL VERBAL AGGRESSION TO AUTHORITY FEE OF 200 CREDITS IMPPOSED!" He then tapped the pay fine now button and on we went.
I made a comment to him. "Wow it's like NAZI germany here huh? He responed, "It's worse!"

The couple then asked me if I was hungry and if I wanted a treat? I kinda felt like a pet when they said "a treat" But I was kinda hungry anyway and told them "sure what you have in mind?" The female all excited said "let's get him some Gaby Pops!" I asked, "What are Gaby Pops?" She said "you'll see and taste, feel" and laughed like I was about to have a joke played on me. The driver then said to the female "Do you have any credits?" I been liquidated by those fines." She said "A few". So we went down the road for like a few miles and then there was this blue kinda crystal looking tower. I asked "whats that? " the driver exclaimed! "Thats the Shopping bunker!" "Bunker?" I asked. He said " Yea after the corporate wars of 2018 all goods and services are to conducted underground, and that blue tower is the elavator."

The driver then punched in some commands on the vehicles dashboard and then the what I thought was just a automobile of sorts became a genuine flying car. As we got closer to the blue crystal tower I realized it wasn't crystal but glass and neon. We approached the entrance and all kinds of bells and whisles went off in the car. I got worried and said "what's wrong?" The driver laughed and said "It's ok that's just the demin (car) going into corporate command overide" The demin then parked into a locking carriage of sort's and floor by floor deeper and deeper until we finally docked into what I can only describe as a pocket.

Me and the other two occupants got out of vehicle and walked down a narrow path with handrails to what I can only describe as curtains, the male driver opened them somehow and said "Are you ready to shop?" I said "sure why not" wondering what craziness I would see next. At this point I was amazed. I could feel the pressure in my ears that we was way below the earth. We walked into a plaza type are all neon lit with ads, sounds, ect. Kinda makes Las Vegas look tame. The female said " Oh look Walmarts got Gaby Pops on sale today!" So we walked up to a kinda podium console and she ordered the Gaby Pops on what appeared to be a touchscreen but holografic and crystaline. The console exclaimed! "BOX OF FOUR GABY POPS 22 CREDITS DO YOU ACCEPT PAYMENT?" She said yes and then they came up from above allready packaged from a opening in the floor. I asked what if you was to buy a TV or a lawnmower or something big like that? They said something large like that would be automatically ported to your garage or housing unit. The driver also said they don't have TV's anymore or the need to mow lawns and laughed.

We went back to the vehicle and started on our journey leaving the shopping bunker and was on the plastic road once again and my two companions handed me a Gaby Pop. They where in a paper box and individually wrapped like ice cream treats we know and love today. I opened the wrapper and the female said "just drop the wrapper into the recycler port behind my seat." I did and it just dissappeard. She yhen said "Enjoy" and giggled. So I am looking at this Gaby Pop. It looked like a ice cream treat on a stick and all. She said "Go ahead take a bite." So I took a bite and it was amazing. At first bite it was like biting into a shrimp, scallop or flesh of a lobster kinda chewy. Then to it started to dissolve like a fudgecikle would. All in all it tasted like cotton candy, bazooka bubblegum or superman ice cream, but to my amazment I started to hear tiny words in my mouth and skull.They made tiny cutsie phrases in my mouth that anyone would giggle and laugh about.The whole thing kinds remined me of Pop Rocks but on steriods, lol. I asked how is this possible? The female explained that the Gaby Pops where "synthentically carbonized" and that molecules where formed into the carbonization through computer programs that when melted by human saliva melt and make a distinct one sylable sound as it pops.

After the fun of the Gaby pops I asked where we could get some beer? Both of them turned around to me in the backseat and looked shocked and at the same time exclaimed! " Do you have a alchohol liscence? I was like "No what's that?" The male driver explained " Only certain elders are allowed to manufacture and consume anything alchoholic." I said "ok nevermind then" Then the couple said it was late and wondered if I would like to stay at their housing unit for the night? I agreed.

The female driver explained to me that they live in one of the first above ground cities after the corporate wars and kinda apollogizes to me that their housing unit is something new and most don't live this way above ground.
We came up to what in all essense was a real house. We then pulled into a garage and parked, the car and the garage went under kinda like a elavator. Then I was led inside and the man driver announced "Guest mode" and the wall which had to have been holographic suddenly changed to a basic home type. I asked why did he did that. He said "we don't actually own anything tangible and that he felt this program for guests would be more comfortable for me rather than how the decor would be for them."

In all that's about when I woke up and all I remember of the dream. No popsicle stick in my hand, no sticky hands from the Gaby Pops, nothing just a very vivid dream.

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
edit on 29-8-2012 by proob4 because: Grammer errors

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The second you mentioned currency, I knew it was the "bad end".

Thanks for sharing, it was really interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

you have a great imagination,,, write a sci fi novel or screen play...
edit on 29-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

HUH? It was a dream, how can so say it's not? I might have embellished a tad bit but for the most part it's all from my memeory of the dream. Honestly.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

okokok,, just wanted to see how youd respond..,,.. i have no way of knowing for sure,,, so ill believe ya

according to me a dream is nothing more then a complexly concentrated stream of imagination anyway..,.

so whether you were imagining it while awake or asleep,,, and what word youd like to describe this activity,, makes little difference.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I am not claiming I actually went into the future. The dream dealt with the future and I accepted it at such. Whether or not I have a vivid imagination or not I cannot fathom how my mind created the details of this dream.
I can admit I have read many science fiction novels and seen many Sci Fi movies. The plastic roads and the Gaby Pops amaze me that my mind could conceive such abstract thoughts in a very vivid and realistic way.

I kinda debated posting this in the dreams and prophecies section on ATS. It is a dream but I do not foster the idea that it is a premonition, I thought about just posting it as a short story. But I thought , well it was a dream.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

I am not claiming I actually went into the future. The dream dealt with the future and I accepted it at such. Whether or not I have a vivid imagination or not I cannot fathom how my mind created the details of this dream.
I can admit I have read many science fiction novels and seen many Sci Fi movies. The plastic roads and the Gaby Pops amaze me that my mind could conceive such abstract thoughts in a very vivid and realistic way.

I kinda debated posting this in the dreams and prophecies section on ATS. It is a dream but I do not foster the idea that it is a premonition, I thought about just posting it as a short story. But I thought , well it was a dream.

It does seem like an interesting and fun dream to have,, and im glad you shared, and ashamed at myself for questioning your honesty
.,,.., it was very entertaining,,.,. thanks for inviting me into your head,, if only for a lil while

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

HUH? It was a dream, how can so say it's not? I might have embellished a tad bit but for the most part it's all from my memeory of the dream. Honestly.

Not everyone can have dreams as vividly as some of us , although many try to and fail. Don't get upset at the jealous responses of others. Be compassionate. I am inclined to believe you did because I have had dreams like this very detailed in nature.

Thank you for sharing it. I don't think I would like a Gaby Pop though.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Thanks for understanding. This dream happened many months ago BTW. I still feel enjoyment thinking about those Gaby pop's. I should patent that idea just for the hell of it, but I don't know how to or have money for that, lol!

Peace and "Dream on!"

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Allthough this dream happened several months ago. I somehow feel myself missing then Gaby Pop's.
If I could by them at walmart today I think I would have a supply of them constanly. Yea they was a lotta fun.

top topics

join