It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So.. Shark Mauls Surfer On Remote Australian Beach ... time to kill the sharks!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Thanks for that response..... I couldnt have said it any better myself!!

Some people are just plain stupid it seems, and lack the ability of positive thought!!

edit on 30-8-2012 by the2010apprentice because: bad formatting

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The sharks have every right to be there. It's their home.

Its humans invading their territory. They swim in deep water and if you're daft enough to join them, you took that risk. I don't believe they are acting out of aggression, unless provoked. They're just as sick of authorities controlling their lives as we are. It's exactly the same. If they could talk , they would be in this forum letting us all know.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Leave the sharks be.

They are helping to rid the Earth of stupid humans who have the common sense of a cabbage.

For those of us with a few working brain cells, it is simple - if there are sharks around the beach area, DON'T GO IN THE WATER!

What is so difficult about that?

How many beaches are there in the world where there are no sharks? But people still want to go to the one's where the sharks swim.

It is proof that stupid people have less a chance of survival than the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Leave the sharks alone, we live on the land, they live in the oceans. If we venture into the seas, well what do we expect, they are not going to shake our hands, anything in the water to a shark is food. Our own arrogant fault if it happens to anyone. Nothing more to say really.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

I agree with you... We should leave sharks alone and find other beaches to surf! There's room for all. Stupidity of some men (brainless) is so astonishing…

In same beaches (for example in my country) with signs clearly identifying the danger of rock slides (from the "arribas") they simply put their bath towels near or under the rocks... and then... they die! why? Y know the answer...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the ocean is a massive place, they have all of it to hunt, swim and breed in.

its not unreasonable to clear a few miles of beach to avoid accidents and deaths of swimmers.

The land where we dwell is also a massive place. Why do we have to conquer the territory of another species for?

Seems it's just ingrained into humans to annihilate anything that bothers us so we can be more comfortable.

I love the ocean. But if you aren't prepared to take the risk then just stay on the land where we belong.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
For those of us with a few working brain cells, it is simple - if there are sharks around the beach area, DON'T GO IN THE WATER!

What is so difficult about that?

It's not about whether sharks are "in the area". They can be anywhere in the sea, at any time.

I've studied white pointers for a long time and personally I'm prepared to take the risk because the experience to me is worth it. I try to minimise the risk with electronic shark repellants but I know they are not 100% guaranteed.

It's an awesone experience putting on a "space suit" and going to "another planet". Yes, I may run into a nasty "alien" that may kill me but it still beats this boring and dangerous world.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2010apprentice------>time to kill the sharks!!! wtf??

Better kill box jellyfish instead as they kill more people than sharks.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

one human life is worth more than all the sharks in the world.

This is the biggest piece of idiotic BS ever posted on ATS,
and in only so few words. KUDOS!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

My 2 cents suggestion to Australians....if you don't want to be eaten/bitten by a shark, don't go surfing. Simple as that

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

one human life is worth more than all the sharks in the world.

So you are saying that Osama Bin Laden was worth more than all the sharks in the world??? Go stick your head in a Great White for 10 mins and then come back to post your thoughts after your head has been polished off.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think it would be terrifying to be in a shark's habitat. They are like the tigers of the ocean. For that reason, I don't really swim in the sea very often.
There is always that risk that the alpha-species will claim his right. Notching the shark numbers down by a couple hundred won't change the fact that it is his jungle out there.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm going to have to go against the grain here, and I don't care how many people hate what I'm going to write.

If it would have been any of your kids or your loved ones that was killed by a shark, then all of you would be saying the opposite of what you stated above.

Yes, the oceans of this world may be the sharks habitat. But it's always been the habitat of humans also. The ocean covers seven tenths of the Earth, and sharks are more plentiful than people simply because they can have more babies, 2 to 100 per reproductive cycle.

If a killer shark is out there that will kill humans in a certain location, then it needs to be eliminated, and others with it in that location.

I don't see any of you shark lovers out there at the slaughter houses screaming and crying and ranting and raving because the cattle are being killed so that YOU personally can eat it. Get real people, human lives are more valuable than the life of a creature that kills humans, especially if that creature exists by the millions or billions in the oceans.

When your looking at that meat that you are sticking in your mouth today, tomorrow and every other day; ask yourself "why aren't I ranting and raving and crying and blabbing like a baby because someone had to kill this creature that I'm getting ready to eat". No one is forcing you to eat any meat products, but you stuff your mouths with them every day, and every day animals and fish of all types are killed just so that you can survive.

So... looking at all the shark lovers motives for letting certain sharks live that have killed or could possibly kill humans is rediculous.

I want to know which one of you shark lovers is a vegetarian; the answer is NONE.

All of you have others kill animals every day so that you can live another day. Those animals never hurt anyone, those animals had their own domain also just like the sharks, but I don't see any of you ranting and raving on ATS about them being killed.

Grow up.
edit on 30-8-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
I want to know which one of you shark lovers is a vegetarian; the answer is NONE.

I wouldn't be so hasty. You'd be surprised.
It's just that I've noticed many vegetarians would rather respect and honour animals, rather than make our fellow kind feel ashamed for extreme forms of social programming.

Nobody would become a vegetarian if they felt you had to end up resenting meat-eaters.
Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They do with with all cases of an animal attack on humans, bears gators, sharks lions etc.. and they say they do it because once the animal/fish tastes human blood its likely to attack more often.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
All of you Surfer Bashers are totaly ignorant. We "meatheads"(as one of you called me) are not stupid to go surfing with sharks. We are knowlegable, brave and humble when entering the ocean.

Surfers know exactly what their getting into. The people calling for sharks to be culled don't get in the water past thier ankels because they watched "Jaws". A true surfer would never want one shark killed even if it bit him/her in half.

There is more danger in comming in contact with a reef, stingrays, big waves, sunburn, ect...

As far as the human and monetary cost to help those who have been attacked by a shark...In the parts of the world where it's common they post red flags or no swimming signs. If you disregaurd the warning then you swim at your own risk. You are on your own. This is why we don't go surfing without at least one friend.

If anyone is "attacked" when and where it was unexpected...Welcome to the world...It's real!!! This culture of bureaucratic safety is more dangerouse than anything else. I'll take care of myself thank you.

Stay out of my home, get out of my pants, and STAY OFF MY WAVE!!! Except sharks....you are welcome anytime.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

Check out numbers 3 and 8

edit on 30-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Hi
I am a veggie. Have been for years.

What does it feel like to be as wrong as you are right now?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

Hey buddy , I'm not a surfer basher!!

i appreciate that its not the surfers that want the sharks killed, its politicians etc as per usual!!

I actually personally really want to get involved in surfing , my friends emigrated from scotland to victoria / melbourne and i will be visiting for a long stay next year.

I'll be sure not to go into the water when sharks are close-by though!! haha

Sharks need to be left alone, killers , or not.... its their territory and home.... we have no right to slaughter.

especially to make some soup and toss them back in the water to suffer and die!!! thats shameful!!!

On a lighter note ... heres a great surf-relevant movie trailer ... im sure you have all seen it.... if not , its worth a watch....

And with this post... before i get heckled... i am in no way insinuating that surfers are crooks or robbers!!! haha

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Awesome Pics!!!

They may have soiled their swimming trunks, but it's a spiritual experience that they will never forget.

I once kicked a shark while manuvering for a wave. Not sure how big it was, I didn't stick around to find out.
Surely no where near that big. I went back in after 15 min.

I loved the dolphin pic too. They will chase off sharks, so it's always good to surf with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join