It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race takes center stage - Was there any doubt this would happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

all the Southern racists that voted against Civil Rights fled to the Republican party.

I guess you missed the part where KKK member and Democrat Robert Byrd filibustered the legislation and never left the Democratic party.
Here's a list of the Democratic members that participated in the filibuster led by Byrd

Democrat Senators organized the record Senate filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Included among the organizers were several prominent and well known liberal Democrat standard bearers including:
- Robert Byrd, current senator from West Virginia
- J. William Fulbright, Arkansas senator and political mentor of Bill Clinton
- Albert Gore Sr., Tennessee senator, father and political mentor of Al Gore.
Gore Jr. has been known to lie about his father's opposition to the Civil Rights Act.
- Sam Ervin, North Carolina senator of Watergate hearings fame
- Richard Russell, famed Georgia senator and later President Pro Tempore

If I'm not mistaken, which I could be, none of these men fled the Democratic party.
A little more info on both civil rights acts:

Democrat opposition to the Civil Rights Act was substantial enough to literally split the party in two.
A whopping 40% of the House Democrats VOTED AGAINST the Civil Rights Act,
while 80% of Republicans SUPPORTED it.
Republican support in the Senate was even higher. Similar trends occurred with the Voting Rights Act of 1965, which was supported by 82% of House Republicans and 94% of Senate Republicans. The same Democrat standard bearers took their normal racists stances, this time with Senator Fulbright leading the opposition effort.
It took the hard work of Republican Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen and Republican Whip Thomas Kuchel to pass the Civil Rights Act
(Dirksen was presented a civil rights accomplishment award for the year by the head of the NAACP in recognition of his efforts). Upon breaking the Democrat filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Republican Dirksen took to the Senate floor and exclaimed "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!" Sadly, Democrats and revisionist historians have all but forgotten (and intentionally so) that it was Republican Dirksen, not the divided Democrats, who made the Civil Rights Act a reality. Dirksen also broke the Democrat filibuster of the 1957 Civil Rights Act that was signed by Republican President Eisenhower.

gopcapitalist.tripod.com...
So, just to clarify, I don't think it went down exactly how you suggest it did.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Romney doesnt have a birth certificate by the way. Michigan only gives out certificates of live births which isnt good enough for obama to have.

I love this interview.

Black people have always been more racist than white folks. To accuse everyone of racism for dumb crap is rwcist

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

the birthers made an argument that obama's father's place of birth was an issue, but they never came after mitt's dad

why ?

For anyone who's ever done their homework on this issue, they will find that Mitt's dad (George Romney) was born to two American citizens from Utah. Even though George was born in Mexico, his parents moved back to the U.S. when George was 5 years old and were able to give him U.S. citizenship through their own U.S. citizenship.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There are racists within every color of people, religion, country and political party.

I find it insulting that we try to convince ourselves that one political party or ideology has more racists than the other!

Everyone says they are tired of the race card being played....WELL QUIT BEING PLAYED BY THE RACE CARD!

What this shows is that both sides are willing to exploit another persons color for political gain. Not just the politicians, but many of us as well.

How about we start a discussion about policy instead of bickering back and forth about who's racist?

Fools...the lot of ya!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Maybe the GOP get called racists because they spew it on TV/radio/film/speeches openly.

It's hilarious when they pretend that they don't know why people are so easy to call them racist.

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Black people have always been more racist than white folks.

You should probably read American history.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Bingo!

That is the problem I have with Romney.

He won't overturn the Patriot act. That funnels money into TSA and DHS and they in turn spend that money into the Military Industril Complex of private corporations manufacturing the equipment, weapons and ammunition they use.

He won't overturn NDAA. How handy is it for a President to have the power to have your opponents and protestors locked away indefinitely without a trial.

He won't turn over HR347. If a noisy group of protestors on the street corner outside the Capitol or The White House is annoying you, play the HR347 card and have them arrested.

We ALL have that problem with Romney!

What’s your other choice….because you REALLY only have 2 choices.

And like I said before, the POTUS is but 1 man. There are plenty of good people running for congress and governorships too.

Participate or stop complaining...lets change it one seat at a time until you get what you want.

What part of my last statement did you not understand? I AM participating. I AM a Libertarian. Gary Johnson for POTUS. I vote for my ideals, I vote for what I think is right. If you are trapped in the left/right paradigm and vote for "the lesser of two evils" you are following the programming they have pumped into your head.

Here's a thought...why not break free of doing what you are told to do and do a little research into the multitude of political parties and support one that ACTUALLY stands for what YOU stand for. This notion of only having two choices is a lie and is not a choice at all. They are both a couple of turds...two wings of the same bird of prey...and we are the prey.

I do agree that The POTUS doesn't have near the power to make change as people are tricked into thinking he does. The real power is in the hands of Congress and if you want to make a REAL change...vote out all the incumbents and "career" politicians...put in people that actually are willing to work and get things accomplished.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

When I hear Republicans speak and say things like:

- Obama wants to take money from "hard working" Americans and give to "lazy people"

And then I hear them say.

- Black people only vote for Obama because they want free stuff.

It isn't hard to put two and two together and know that when they say "hard working Americans"...they mean White people...and when they say "lazy people"...they mean Black people.

That is YOU making those connections. Maybe you think this way because the MSM and left have repeated it so many times that its ingrained??

For you to draw the association between “lazy people” and “blacks” is racist; it’s you that has a problem.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But Mitt Romney's statement about Obama's birth certificate appeals to the racists in the crowd. He purposely pandered to the racists with that comment, IMO.

Just wanted to point out that not all 'birthers' (hate that term) are racists, imo.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

What part of my last statement did you not understand? I AM participating. I AM a Libertarian. Gary Johnson for POTUS. I vote for my ideals, I vote for what I think is right. If you are trapped in the left/right paradigm and vote for "the lesser of two evils" you are following the programming they have pumped into your head.

Good….you are participating.

When you start the "false left/right paradigm" talk you lose me. If you don’t see the fundamental differences then I can’t help you. I’m following the only program that is currently viable…unlike you!

Here's a thought...why not break free of doing what you are told to do and do a little research into the multitude of political parties and support one that ACTUALLY stands for what YOU stand for. This notion of only having two choices is a lie and is not a choice at all. They are both a couple of turds...two wings of the same bird of prey...and we are the prey.

There ARE only TWO choices in REALITY because, although I like Johnson, Johnson doesn’t have a prayer in hell! To have a legitimate 3rd party run you have to start MUCH earlier. Johnson and RP made the mistake of running for the GOP nomination rather than strengthening their own base from the start. There isn’t a strong libertarian base….I wish there was!

Where is all the support for Johnson?? All of the RP folks should have jumped to Johnson (the libertarian) but they’re not; they’re going in large numbers to Obama. To have a chance, RP and Johnson would need to join forces IMO but they won’t.

I do agree that The POTUS doesn't have near the power to make change as people are tricked into thinking he does. The real power is in the hands of Congress and if you want to make a REAL change...vote out all the incumbents and "career" politicians...put in people that actually are willing to work and get things accomplished.

We agree on this!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Just wanted to point out that not all 'birthers' (hate that term) are racists, imo.

Obviously there are some racists in every group but it’s certainly not a racist position to verify the legal citizenship of a man running for the highest office in the world especially when there are many reasons to suspect he's not a citizen.

The point of this thread was simply to point out the audacity of Obama’s party to continue pulling the race card as a campaign tactic. If you have to resort to garbage like that to win it shows your desperation and lack of accomplishment.

Do you ever see the right pulling the race card? I don’t! I see some racist remarks and racist actions occasionally from both sides but only one side points fingers continuously, as if they were innocent.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Maybe the GOP get called racists because they spew it on TV/radio/film/speeches openly.

Really?? And it’s only from the right?

Please don’t pretend the Democrats are any less guilty….come on!

(Language warning…it’s written though….you’ll have to read it to be offended)

How about this?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Text in a youtube video? post audio/video of widespread democratic media/leaders spewing racism like I did.

That video said Bill Clinton called Al Sharpton a N****, I googled it, nothing showed up.......so clearly the video has dis-info lies.

And I know that there are democrats that are racist......but it sure is LESS than with republicans.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

For some good examples of racism in the democratic party I would kindly refer you to my above post.
I would also suggest you read this link:
gopcapitalist.tripod.com...

Are there bigots in the GOP? of course. But unfortunately it was Democrats that dawned white sheets and terrorized blacks, jews and catholics for many years.
While I find it detestable to use racial slurs, It was Democrats that hung minorities from trees.
Which do you feel is more harmful?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

That video said Bill Clinton called Al Sharpton a N****,

No it didn't! The video says Bill Clinton was referring to Jessie Jackson.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

That's what I said, referring to someone as a n*** is the same as calling someone a n****. There is no record of this on google so therefore it isn't true.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

Are there bigots in the GOP? of course. But unfortunately it was Democrats that dawned white sheets and terrorized blacks, jews and catholics for many years.

Yeah, I'm talking about current day. Particularly events that happened the last 10 years....like all of the examples I gave.

It was Democrats that hung minorities from trees. Which do you feel is more harmful?

Keyword WAS. All the white supremacists are conservative tea-party Republicans now...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

All the white supremacists are conservative tea-party Republicans now.

What is racist about the tea party message?
The Neo-Nazis of America actually endorsed Occupy Wall Street.
Would you agree that lynching is more harmful than racial slurs?
Would you agree that all the Black Supremacists are Democrats now?

There is no record of this on google so therefore it isn't true.

That's just ridiculous. I took a dump yesterday. Let me know if you find record of it on google.

edit on 30-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

What is racist about the tea party message?

I don't think every single Tea Party member is racist, I think that the core of the movement is. Everything the Tea Party stands for directly lines up with that of the white supremacist fascists... The TP is just the watered down, pop version of it.

Segregation should be legal because of property rights
Discrimination should be legal because of "liberty"
Wants to repeal the civil rights act
Hate Muslims
Hates on Mexicans for stealing jobs but looks the other way when corporations outsource and get tax cuts for doing so.
Attacks welfare recipients but gives out corporate welfare
Both are largely birthers
David Duke (former KKK) endorsed the Tea Party

The Neo-Nazis of America actually endorsed Occupy Wall Street.

Yeah, because they believe jews are behind all the wallstreet crimes and run the banks. It had nothing to do with left or right wing.

Would you agree that lynching is more harmful than racial slurs?

Irrelevant, lynching isn't a thing of the past. If you use racial slurs against someone you're willing to discriminate against them in every other way.

Would you agree that all the Black Supremacists are Democrats now?

No, a lot of black supremacists are communist and hate the government since it is ran by whites.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) is warning Republicans that the strategy of relying on “angry white guys” is eventually going to doom his party.

www.rawstory.com...

Finally a Republican leader admits they cater to racist white men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join