Race takes center stage - Was there any doubt this would happen?

page: 3
16
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by poloblack
 



While I respect your response, it's not ingrained in my head, my friend. I've seen numerous posts implying that the majority of tax dollars are going to ''welfare queens'', and such.


Does “welfare queen” mean blacks too?


Is there a description Republicans can make that doesn’t mean blacks?



So I must ask....who's head is it really ingrained in?


Obviously the people who keeping thinking that everything is about blacks; certainly not me.



Like I said before, and I'll say it again, we all know which segment of society that crap is directed to. When that topic comes up, the stats that you provided are not referenced to.


Speak for yourself. You act as though everyone shares your view and they don’t!
edit on 29-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)
I've been on this site since 05, damn near daily. Yeah, joined this year, but I'm no newb. I've seen the posts on ATS when it comes to the topic of welfare, so let's not pretend we don't know who is thought to be living high on the hog on food stamps. I mean, c'mon man. And I don't EVEN think everything is about blacks, it's not llike being a black guy is the s#!+. And you're absolutely right...everyone doesn't share my view, because if they did, there would be more objectivity in this camp.




posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



Seabag , you should use the above quote as your sig, every time you create a Misleadin, Agenda driven Thread.


Misleading and agenda driven??

Care to elaborate?

How is it misleading when I provide quotes and video for you to view for yourself?





The Jig is up and your exposed.


Yes, your pithy retorts have exposed me!


Give me a break! Provide examples of the racism on the right….I’ll wait.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack
 



I've been on this site since 05, damn near daily. Yeah, joined this year, but I'm no newb. I've seen the posts on ATS when it comes to the topic of welfare, so let's not pretend we don't know who is thought to be living high on the hog on food stamps.


So the fact that some anonymous people on ATS view this term the same way you do that proves it?



I mean, c'mon man. And I don't EVEN think everything is about blacks, it's not llike being a black guy is the s#!+. And you're absolutely right...everyone doesn't share my view, because if they did, there would be more objectivity in this camp.


Do you think the Republican Party is more racist than the Democrat Party??

Please explain the use of the race card at every turn by the left….can you tell me why it happens? Is it all based in fact? Would you like to share those facts and examples of racism by the right that most of us can agree on?



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem
55 Sec0nds in the vide0 the pe0ple were cheering Newt, he hardballed Chris hardball mathews


Just sh0ws h0w the Hippocrates, Mathews msnbc and the left are running scared because they kn0w their times
running sh0rt. Take that t0 the bank

S AND F 0P S AND F great thread, great clip, great narritive. Thats the b0tt0m line


Hippocrates was the Greek father of medicine...ever hear of the "Hippcratic oath" doctors must swear..."to do no harm" ???

You meant hypocrite...and Chris Mathews is a Super D-bag.

But regardless how many will squall like a Banshee about it...Racism is a huge part of the USA society. Sadly, it is a huge part of this election. I would prefer to see Obama defeated for things like:

Not stopping the Patriot Act when it was up for renewal

Signing the NDAA

Signing HR 347 that makes certain public protests illegal and you never know when that will be! (Read the Bill)

Obamacare. If he wanted socialized medicine, he should have went for socialized medicine. Telling me I have to "buy" a product that ensures an industry will make profit annoys me.

Relaxing the laws on illegal immigrants. I have nothing against immigrants, my ancestors were Irish immigrants...but they did it the right way.

Continuing, growing and propagating the Nanny/Police state.

There are lots of reasons to dislike his policies...has nothing to do with race.

As a side note...I did agree with the idea of repairing our infrastructure. Interest rates are down and money is cheap...now would be a perfect time to fix our roads, bridges, sewer systems, waterlines...etc. It has to be done sooner or later and sooner will be cheaper than later...and you can take that to the bank.

Instead, let's spend billions blowing a third world country even further into the Stone age...
edit on 29-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by poloblack
 



I've been on this site since 05, damn near daily. Yeah, joined this year, but I'm no newb. I've seen the posts on ATS when it comes to the topic of welfare, so let's not pretend we don't know who is thought to be living high on the hog on food stamps.


So the fact that some anonymous people on ATS view this term the same way you do that proves it?



I mean, c'mon man. And I don't EVEN think everything is about blacks, it's not llike being a black guy is the s#!+. And you're absolutely right...everyone doesn't share my view, because if they did, there would be more objectivity in this camp.


Do you think the Republican Party is more racist than the Democrat Party??

Please explain the use of the race card at every turn by the left….can you tell me why it happens? Is it all based in fact? Would you like to share those facts and examples of racism by the right that most of us can agree on?
I couldn't POSSIBLY care any less than I do about either party, so let's get that straight. See, that's the problem with some of us in this country. Stuck on this left/right bulls#!+. If we're all Americans, we should be striving for the betterment of our country collectively, not stuck on the left/right crap that these WWF politicians constantly bombard us with. In reality, these crooked politicians don't dislike each other, but they do one hell of a job making sure that we, as citizens of this nation, are divided and at each other's throats on the daily. All you have to do is look at these posts when it comes to race and politics...they're doing one hell of a job.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Seabag , you should use the above quote as your sig, every time you create a Misleadin, Agenda driven Thread.

The Jig is up and your exposed.


An0ther scared hate m0nger that can j0in any 0f the hundreds 0f anti-RNC threads 0n the
b0ard, instead, c0mes and attacks pe0ple they d0nt like.

This thread is sp0t 0n sh0wing the m0r0ns wh0 exp0se their race card

Mathews is exp0sed f0r the rat he is
edit on 29-8-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65
 



You’re right; there are many reasons to send Obama back to Chicago besides his twisted political strategies.

I hope it happens...
edit on 29-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Chris Mathews is a Super D-bag.

But regardless how many will squall like a Banshee about it...Racism is a huge part of the USA society. Sadly, it is a huge part of this election. I would prefer to see Obama defeated for things like:

Not stopping the Patriot Act when it was up for renewal

Signing the NDAA

Signing HR 347 that makes certain public protests illegal and you never know when that will be! (Read the Bill)

Obamacare. If he wanted socialized medicine, he should have went for socialized medicine. Telling me I have to "buy" a product that ensures an industry will make profit annoys me.

Relaxing the laws on illegal immigrants. I have nothing against immigrants, my ancestors were Irish immigrants...but they did it the right way.

Continuing, growing and propagating the Nanny/Police state.

There are lots of reasons to dislike his policies...has nothing to do with race.


G00d 0bserving. 0bama needs t0 be thr0wn 0ut.
This vide0 sh0ws h0w desperate mathews and c0h0rts are, h0w afraid
they are, watching the man wh0 made his leg tingle fall apart right in front
of his eyes, must be emotional for mathews seeing 0bama l00se the electi0n.
edit on 29-8-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
As much as we know about TPTB, alot of us tend to think that these figurehead puppets actually call the shots. Obama is a puppet, just like Mitt Romney will be if elected, just like any other''politician'' that gets the status of POTUS. These guys are damn good at creating diversions.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack
 



I couldn't POSSIBLY care any less than I do about either party, so let's get that straight. See, that's the problem with some of us in this country. Stuck on this left/right bulls#!+. If we're all Americans, we should be striving for the betterment of our country collectively, not stuck on the left/right crap that these WWF politicians constantly bombard us with. In reality, these crooked politicians don't dislike each other, but they do one hell of a job making sure that we, as citizens of this nation, are divided and at each other's throats on the daily. All you have to do is look at these posts when it comes to race and politics...they're doing one hell of a job.


Is there a difference of opinion between Americans on issues such as:

Taxes?

The Constitution?

The role of government?

Abortion?

The left/right isn’t an illusion, dude! There is a fundamental disagreement on the way this country should be run and the way we should conduct our affairs collectively.

No offense, but you sound like a typical Ron Paul supporter. I know the two party system is BullSpit but until WE change it we’re left with 2 options! This change isn’t going to happen before this election!

I’d love to work with you and everyone else on this problem but in the meantime we need to identify the party that has the best plan to dig us out of this recession…..right now that’s the Republican Party (with all its flaws). Obama had 4 years and we’re worse off!

Enough with the race issue….lets get to the REAL issues! That’s my point about this race baiting; it’s a distraction and its being perpetrated by the LEFT...the ones failing us right now!

edit on 29-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack
 



As much as we know about TPTB, alot of us tend to think that these figurehead puppets actually call the shots. Obama is a puppet, just like Mitt Romney will be if elected, just like any other''politician'' that gets the status of POTUS. These guys are damn good at creating diversions.


I agree with you on this too…..

The thing to keep in mind is that the POTUS is only one puppet. It’s a lot harder to control the house and senate. This election is more than these 2 men….a lot of seats are at stake.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by poloblack
 



I couldn't POSSIBLY care any less than I do about either party, so let's get that straight. See, that's the problem with some of us in this country. Stuck on this left/right bulls#!+. If we're all Americans, we should be striving for the betterment of our country collectively, not stuck on the left/right crap that these WWF politicians constantly bombard us with. In reality, these crooked politicians don't dislike each other, but they do one hell of a job making sure that we, as citizens of this nation, are divided and at each other's throats on the daily. All you have to do is look at these posts when it comes to race and politics...they're doing one hell of a job.


Is there a difference of opinion between Americans on issues such as:

Taxes?

The Constitution?

The role of government?

Abortion?

The left/right isn’t an illusion, dude! There is a fundamental disagreement on the way this country should be run and the way we should conduct our affairs collectively.

No offense, but you sound like a typical Ron Paul supporter. I know the two party system is BullSpit but until WE change it we’re left with 2 options! This change isn’t going to happen before this election!

I’d love to work with you and everyone else on this problem but in the meantime we need to identify the party that has the best plan to dig us out of this recession…..right now that’s the Republican Party (with all its flaws). Obama had 4 years and we’re worse off!

Enough with the race issue….lets get to the REAL issues! That’s my point about this race baiting; it’s a distraction and its being perpetrated by the LEFT...the ones failing us right now!

edit on 29-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)
I can respect that...I'm just saying that we should cut the labels loose and concentrate on the issues at hand. And I'm not a typical Ron Paul supporter. As a matter of fact, there's no one in the visible political playing field that's going to go against the status quo, so, I just watch the madness from a distance. I stated before...I'm not left, right, or in between...I'm American. We can have our differences without the labels.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
As much as we know about TPTB, alot of us tend to think that these figurehead puppets actually call the shots. Obama is a puppet, just like Mitt Romney will be if elected, just like any other''politician'' that gets the status of POTUS. These guys are damn good at creating diversions.


Bingo!

That is the problem I have with Romney.

He won't overturn the Patriot act. That funnels money into TSA and DHS and they in turn spend that money into the Military Industrial Complex of private corporations manufacturing the equipment, weapons and ammunition they use.

He won't overturn NDAA. How handy is it for a President to have the power to have your opponents and protestors locked away indefinitely without a trial.

He won't turn over HR347. If a noisy group of protestors on the street corner outside the Capitol or The White House is annoying you, play the HR347 card and have them arrested.

Obamacare....Romneycare? It's His damn plan that Obama copied...that's not going anywhere. Besides, it forces you...citizen...to buy a product that is backed by security investors...Insurance...and we know how much Mittens likes the Wall Street.

Immigration. He MIGHT do something but seeing how his family are immigrants...I seriously doubt it.

The Nanny state/Police state. He might knock the poor off the tit, but I can almost guarantee he will not rescind the TSA pat downs or the invasion of privacy by all the other alphabet organizations your tax dollars are funding.

Nope...I don't like either of them and I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. I will vote for Gary johnson and feel proud about it...call it my "protest vote". My vote is my voice and I refuse to add to the chorus of sheep banter the mindless herds are singing for these two turds.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: spelling/typo fix



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack
 



I can respect that...I'm just saying that we should cut the labels loose and concentrate on the issues at hand. And I'm not a typical Ron Paul supporter. As a matter of fact, there's no one in the visible political playing field that's going to go against the status quo, so, I just watch the madness from a distance. I stated before...I'm not left, right, or in between...I'm American. We can have our differences without the labels.


Fair enough! I appreciate the debate….


Don’t sit this election out….go vote. I’ve NEVER had a candidate I was really 100% behind but I always participate. I also work to get people into office I do agree with but doing that at the presidential level isn’t a grass roots thing, ya know?



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65
 



Bingo!

That is the problem I have with Romney.

He won't overturn the Patriot act. That funnels money into TSA and DHS and they in turn spend that money into the Military Industril Complex of private corporations manufacturing the equipment, weapons and ammunition they use.

He won't overturn NDAA. How handy is it for a President to have the power to have your opponents and protestors locked away indefinitely without a trial.

He won't turn over HR347. If a noisy group of protestors on the street corner outside the Capitol or The White House is annoying you, play the HR347 card and have them arrested.


We ALL have that problem with Romney!


What’s your other choice….because you REALLY only have 2 choices.

And like I said before, the POTUS is but 1 man. There are plenty of good people running for congress and governorships too.

Participate or stop complaining...lets change it one seat at a time until you get what you want.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by poloblack
 



I can respect that...I'm just saying that we should cut the labels loose and concentrate on the issues at hand. And I'm not a typical Ron Paul supporter. As a matter of fact, there's no one in the visible political playing field that's going to go against the status quo, so, I just watch the madness from a distance. I stated before...I'm not left, right, or in between...I'm American. We can have our differences without the labels.


Fair enough! I appreciate the debate….


Don’t sit this election out….go vote. I’ve NEVER had a candidate I was really 100% behind but I always participate. I also work to get people into office I do agree with but doing that at the presidential level isn’t a grass roots thing, ya know?



Good enough Seabag!



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by seabag
 



Originally posted by seabag
It was the Republican party that freed the slaves in 1863…you do know that, right?


Are you suggesting that the Republican party of 1863 is ANYTHING like the GOP of 2012? Seriously? You can't claim, "we freed the slaves 150 years ago and that proves we aren't racist"!

I'm not saying that every Republican is racist. Not even close. But Mitt Romney's statement about Obama's birth certificate appeals to the racists in the crowd. He purposely pandered to the racists with that comment, IMO.


Any guess on who was responsible for the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?..

Republican Party.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
When I hear Republicans speak and say things like:

- Obama wants to take money from "hard working" Americans and give to "lazy people"

And then I hear them say.

- Black people only vote for Obama because they want free stuff.

It isn't hard to put two and two together and know that when they say "hard working Americans"...they mean White people...and when they say "lazy people"...they mean Black people.


Republicans...this is why you lose the minority vote...not because they like free stuff or because they are too stupid to "see past their bias" (thanks Ann Romney)...it is because they are smart enough to see through Republican code speak...and they know exactly what Republicans think of them.

It doesn't help when Republican parade around their Tokens either.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Papagrune
 



Any guess on who was responsible for the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?..

Republican Party.


What are you talking about???

Here are the votes on the Civil Rights Act.

en.wikipedia.org...

By party

The original House version:[16]
Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[17]
Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version:[16]
Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[16]
Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)


Democrats outvoted Republicans on every vote.

You have to remember...the parties back then weren't split by political ideologies...there were liberals and conservatives in both parties. The real picture is shown by the vote break down by geography.


The original House version:
Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

The Senate version:
Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)


This is the vote where the entire south turned Republican...because after this all the Southern Democrats left the party and joined the Republicans.

So yeah...not a very convincing argument you have there...if anything you just shot yourself in the foot because it shows that all the Southern racists that voted against Civil Rights fled to the Republican party.
edit on 29-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


This is going to be Obama's theme. He can't run on foreign policy, he can't run on domestic policy, high prices, high unemployment, poor GDP, no consumer confidence. . . . .

The only card he (Obama) has left IS the race card!





top topics
 
16
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join