It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mia Love Wikipedia page vandalized with misogynistic, racial slurs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

As a liberally minded person... that is not at all what liberal means. We're not "pro" any group. We're simply about everybody being treated equally. I don't care if they're white, black, yellow, brown, or red. Nor do I care about their gender, religion, whether or not they're ill or handicapped, nor if they are rich or poor. They are people - not labels.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm a little saddened by the responses in this thread. I can understand if you want to say internet hate happens a lot, death threats, racist remarks, etc. But I don't understand why there are some posters who don't say that it's wrong, or bad, or evil.

Is everything found on the internet perfectly acceptable?

No, everything on the internet isn't acceptable. However, we all know this already, same as we all know that many many things on the internet are false / lies.

I, for one, am getting incredibly sick and tired of everyone taking offence over anything these days. Now i aren't for one minute saying this case is like many of the others, racial slurs against a candidate are a terrible thing. However, with all the other nonsense with people being "offended" on a daily basis, when more serious cases like this crop up people are that worn down they tend to simply shrug the mental shoulders, say "muh", and move on to the next story.

I know many will disagree with me but i miss the old days of random verbal abuse in the street against, for example, the person who has just stopped walking right in front of you. People obviously had thicker skins back then and weren't so namby pamby.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
[ We're simply about everybody being treated equally. I don't care if they're white, black, yellow, brown, or red. Nor do I care about their gender, religion, whether or not they're ill or handicapped, nor if they are rich or poor. They are people - not labels.

~Heff

You`d like them to be treated equally, no matter if they're a murderer or a saint?

Equal opportunity = Republican mindset

Equal outcome = Liberal/Communist mindset

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Liberal/communist huh? That's funny. I suppose it's equally as true as "neo-con/fascist".

As far as the rest of your post.. Where did I say that murderers should be treated the same as innocent people? Crime is crime. As a liberal my position is that if a poor person goes to the chair for murder, so should a rich or powerful person. I'm not preaching equal anything. True equality is an impossible standard. But fairness? Consistency? Humanity? Those are words I can hold onto.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

[
As far as the rest of your post.. Where did I say that murderers should be treated the same as innocent people?
~Heff

You said you would like EVERYBODY to be treated equally.

Are you now retracting that statement?

Should the Super Bowl winners be treated equally as teams who never made the play-offs?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Holy fallacies Batman... Let me quote myself:

I don't care if they're white, black, yellow, brown, or red. Nor do I care about their gender, religion, whether or not they're ill or handicapped, nor if they are rich or poor. They are people - not labels.

Nowhere did I discuss removing consequence of action from anybody. You must have some long long arms because that is quite a stretch.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Whoever did that is a very very sad person. There are morons on every side...more than there should be. All we can do is call them out and either force them to re-evaluate their thinking...or shame them into shutting up and crawling in a hole somewhere.

Note to Republicans: Notice I didn't try to excuse this behavior or claim it was a Romney plant.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
This just demonstrates how far leftists will go to achieve their goals. They adore and pander to people in their party and slander everyone in the opposing party. That about sums this up.

This just demonstrates how far right wingers will go to achieve their goals. They adore and pander to people in their party and slander everyone in the opposing party. That about sums this up.

See what I did there?
It goes both ways.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obviously another example of more liberal compassion and open-mindedness.
I almost feel sorry for liberal democrats these days...They've got absolutely nothing to stand on in this election, except hate, demonizing slander, libel and division.
Obama let them (and all Americans) down...and this is just another juvenile example of their frustration-born temper tantrum.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
This just demonstrates how far leftists will go to achieve their goals. They adore and pander to people in their party and slander everyone in the opposing party. That about sums this up.

This just demonstrates how far right wingers will go to achieve their goals. They adore and pander to people in their party and slander everyone in the opposing party. That about sums this up.

See what I did there?
It goes both ways.

In Hegelian terms, Marxist/communist theory goes that the ends justify the means and even in some of the communist websites they say that they they use any method to achieve their goals, that they will be pro war if it suits their agenda, or anti war if it suits. As long as it gets the job done they will employ any method.
this is why you will see that the Democrats mostly voted for the Patriot Act when it was hurriedly put through, but suddenly when it was politically expedient they went the other way, but their representative as CIC still signed on to a continuance and even signed on to NDAA.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Who cares? People troll wikipedia all the time. No one knows who did it, just seems like you're trying to push an agenda.

It's like getting offended over a youtube comment...PEOPLE TROLL THE INTERNET in order to get an emotional response and as you see in this thread...... the troll won.

But yeah..who ever did it is trash.

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So slandering Mia Love is a "meh" event, yet using the word "Chicago" is racist.

I love the insanity of American politics.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You're comparing something that happened in physical reality to an anonymous troll on the internet....there is a difference.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by beezzer

You're comparing something that happened in physical reality to an anonymous troll on the internet....there is a difference.

What we're seeing is a symptom of a larger problem. The hate is only just begining.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The hate in this election cycle is going to be horrendous.

As a republican, I want to disavow publicly, or at least in this forum, all the stupid things republican candidates say and the candidates themselves, Like Akin and his rape theory on pregnancy -- Kick that idiot out!

I'm sure there will be many more instances of inadequate people running under the republican flag.

Mia Love was great. If you didn't see her talk, you should Utube it. Conde was great, Ryan was great.

America needs to come together and get everyone - rich, poor, black, white, hispanic, atheist, religious - working for themselves and not slaves to government programs.

We need to take care of americans who cannot take care of themselves and get rid of fraud in social programs.

We need to get our military out of the ME, and be more self-sufficient in energy and manufacturing.

We have to stop spending money we don't have.

We have to be nicer to eachother.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Holy fallacies Batman... Let me quote myself:

No, I quoted you correctly. In a post before you said EVERYBODY. Instead of admitting to what you wrote, you deflect by quoting another post of yours. You debate like a...liberal.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
So where all the Republican are racist folks??? After hearing how the right is waging a war on minorities I figured that they would be all on here to say it ain't so
Guess not, must mean that they agree. At least that how I have seen it be told, if you don't denounce it you agree.

Liberal talking point, My father is Mexican american and my mom is Filipino, both sides of my family are conservative.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join