It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul supporters put dent in unity at GOP convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What a Joke! And you think we still have a Republic like the founding fathers intended? Clearly, as Ben feared, we were not able to keep the Republic they gave us. We are now run by a oligarchy that sell us a faux democracy and clearly has the most extreme of disdain for our intelligence and dignity, because this is yet another example (even tough this whole thing is a charade anyways) in which they once agin trampled all over both knowing there would be absolutely no consequences from any of us, and their little show can go on uninterrupted as usual.

We are a Republic NOT a Democracy: youtu.be...

[url=http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/28/ron-paul-supporters-put-dent-in-unity-at-gop-convention/?hpt=hp_t2]politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I would have a different headline: Paul Supporters Snubbeded at RNC lead to Party Disharmony

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by betheflow

In a Related Story , Ron Paul and his Wife were Detained and Harassed at a Florida Airport on Weds. by the TSA . The TSA's Days are Numbered , the American People through their TRUSTED Representatives will Destroy it Eventually from Within ..........

www.prisonplanet.com...
edit on 29-8-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by betheflow

In a Related Story , Ron Paul and his Wife were Detained and Harassed at a Florida Airport on Weds. by the TSA . The TSA's Days are Numbered , the American People through their TRUSTED Representatives will Destroy it Eventually from Within ..........

Link

On departing the RNC in Tampa yesterday, Ron Paul, his wife and grand-daughter were subjected to harassment by the TSA at a small airport in Clearwater, Florida.

The insinuation was obvious — Paul and his family pose a threat to the GOP presidential candidate.

After a protracted examination of Ron Paul’s credentials, the agents demanded they be allowed to check the airplane for explosives.

I guess they found out they were part of the Ron Paul movement. Like Rand Paul told us Sunday evening in his introduction for Ron, "Just mention the Ron Paul R3volution (to the TSA) and get a free colonoscopy."

edit on 29-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

.........One of the TSA's Explainations for Delaying, and then Processing Mr. Paul and his Dear Wife at the Airport was the Fact that Mitt " The Twit " Romney was in the Vacinity at the Time, and being Under SS Security as a Presidential Candidate , Warranted such a Response..........

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I live in the bay area. Brighthouse Cable Network Baynews 9 made no mention of the Ron Paul votes or the dissention of some delegates. Imagine that!!

How many more people across the country will never hear about that- corporate owned media at it's finest!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by betheflow
What a Joke! And you think we still have a Republic like the founding fathers intended?

We do live in a Republic. What people are missing is the political parties can set their own rules for their nomination process. The conventions have absolutely nothing to do with the US being a Republic.

Originally posted by betheflow
Clearly, as Ben feared, we were not able to keep the Republic they gave us. We are now run by a oligarchy that sell us a faux democracy and clearly has the most extreme of disdain for our intelligence and dignity, because this is yet another example (even tough this whole thing is a charade anyways) in which they once agin trampled all over both knowing there would be absolutely no consequences from any of us, and their little show can go on uninterrupted as usual.

Political party nominations are established by their respective charters / rules. The Republicans / Democrats nomination of their candidate has nothing to do with our form of government or the elections.

As for keeping the Republic the situation the US is currently in is our own fault. We the people became lazy and apathetic about participating in government. People developed the mindset that others will vote so they dont need to. When Sen. Schumer (D-NY) was speaking at an event a few years back he lectured the people in the room on our government, telling them that there are 3 branches -

He spelled out what those branches are -
The President
The House
The Senate

Setting aside 8th grade political science / government classes no one seemed to care about that comment.
A few years back Obama stated to the media he had visited all 57 states and again, no one seemed to care about it.

We have set the bar for our politicians by our own inactions.

The bar is so low now that we have started digging.

Fast forward to time index 03:10. He partially sums up our elections and mentality about them.
NSFW - Language

ETA - As far as Ron Paul goes and his delegate count I cant think of a finer example of democracy in action inside the political party. A floor nomination is extremely rare and with what Ron Paul has it could make this more interesting than we think.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So when do the Academy Awards get handed out? I don't want to be a wet blanket, and I have nothing against this guy personally, however.......isn't he just another billionaire politician who wants to be Prez and save this country and all it's minions? Just saying. The Federal Gov has outlived it's usefulness. We would do better to charter it out (or however you do it) and create the Council Of Governors. Even the Shuttle eventually got retired.
It's 4am here Space Coast Florida, and a rocket just went up.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This video sums it up pretty good. All this "the RNC can do what it wants" nonsense doesn't mean jack squat. This RNC put the nail in the coffin, and if America sits there idly and takes it up the tailpipe, she deserves everything that is to come. It truly is official now, no-one (but a handful of elites) has a voice in America anymore no matter how you try to spin it or justify it.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The NWO is here.

I live in Minnesota so I am happy that a Minnesota delegate spoke about it.

I'm also glad MN know it's #.

Too many idiots around. Mindless selfless people. They don't know any better because their too into their own personal lives.

Godamn society

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am done with the Republican party.
I don't know who I am voting for but it will not be Romney.

new topics

top topics

join