It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing dream - would like some input

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Now I don't usually read many of these type of threads, and as far as I can remember, never posted
But
2 nights ago I had something of a disturbing dream
And please bear with what is probably my poor descriptive writing skills, and indeed my English written skills lol ( poor spelling and grammar

Some kind of evil entity wanted me
It was veiled behind some kind off white barrier, looking almost like something from behind a shower curtain, or trying to come through a wall, I couldn't see the edges, or a bigger picture, almost like looking at it close up through a window so could only see the area of where an upper torso could/would be.
It made me very nervous even afraid as it reached out for me with its ......... Something .........what I perceived to be arms possibly , not breaking through this 'veil' but still draped in it.
It's at this point I awoke feeling fear.

Eventually fell back off to sleep, well that place between sleep and awake anyway, only to have this 'entity' try for me again, but this time it felt more angry and darker, this time I almost called out aloud for assistance as I felt under attack, this is what awoke me the second time round, my almost calling out.
After that I dropped off, and don't remember much more.

The next evening I get a phone call from the person I once referred to as mum, wanting me to endorse her as a foster parent, now I'm not going to go into my childhood or my relationship with 'mum'
but it spooked me a little and played on my mind to the extent that I automatically linked the two events

Just thought I'd throw that out there

Any dream experts have any insight into my 'dream' ?

Just to note - I've posted this as a reply in another thread, but would really like some kind of insight, and didn't want it to get lost as just another reply

Many thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It sounds to me like your intuition already spoke-up about the meaning of this dream.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Go with what your gut is telling you. Since you didn't elaborate on "mum" and your childhood, yet you linked this woman to your dream, I'm going to assume you have a feeling she is not what she appears. Her true persona is veiled (hidden) and you know this or have a strong feeling about it.

Have you endorsed her yet? Maybe you should hold off till you reconcile your true feelings about "mum".

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

Thanks
Yeah it was almost automatic and a sub concious reaction linking the two
But thought I'd get it out there for the more .....insightfull regarding this kind of topic
Many thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

You hit the nail on the head there!
I was always warned about her by our own family and even her best friends, but as her son always defended and stood by her as a son should
However over the years since leaving home, and becoming a parent myself saw her for what she really was.
Regrettably it took too long

But no I told her straight - I would quite happily be a reference for her, but I wouldn't lie for her
To which her reply was "but it's not for me, it's for them"
To which I replied
" what on earth makes you think I could subject another child whom has already probably been through enough, to what you did to me, with a clear conscience"

Many thanks

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Wow,, That was kinda harsh, But I can relate. I pretty much raised myself since I was 11. Long story for a rainy day.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I believe God shows us things in our dreams. In your dream, you were experiencing the horror of Mum from a child's point of view, like you did when you were growing up. You told her you would not lie for her. You and she are on somewhat friendly terms, or else she would not feel like she could possibly use you as a reference. By not being able to see Mum in the dream, and only experiencing the fear aspect of it all, that allowed you to forget her as a person, and to focus on the abuse (I assume that's a somewhat correct word to use) you went through while you were under her care.

You were used to prevent another child from being subjected to what you went through.

new topics

top topics

join