It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel angered over IAEA vote on nuclear arsenal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Israel angered over IAEA vote on nuclear arsenal

www.presstv.ir

Israel has become infuriated by a fresh initiative of Arab member states of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) which seeks to launch a global campaign to slam Israel’s possession of nuclear stockpile.

The motion tabled by 17 Arab IAEA members has been submitted to a preparatory commission to be put to vote at the Agency’s September meeting which is to be attended by 154 countries, the Associated Press reported on Tuesday.

The initiative is widely expected to be ratified, as it enjoys the support of Muslim countries as well as other states critical of Israel’s
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Muslim nations demand Israel open its nuke program to IAEA viewing
European Poll: Israel Biggest Threat To World Peace

+69 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Poor Israel can sure dish it out but can't take it when it comes to criticism of their nuclear arsenal.

Israel’s Ambassador to the IAEA Ehud Azoulay, has censured the initiative, saying the Arab nations have no moral right to point fingers.

Wow, can you say hypocrite?

These Zionists in Israel are losing their grip and it is becoming more evident as each day passes. The world has been standing up to them as of late and I hope this trend continues.

I hope this initiative of Arab states serves Israel a nice cup of shut the # up.

Yes, I know the source is Press TV, but none of the Zionist controlled outlets will dare report this, at least not in the proper context that Press TV has done.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I got a chuckle out of that.

It's a shame that the kids can't play nice together.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I wonder what the US's stance is on this. Good thing Israel isn't a signatory of the NPT, otherwise they would be facing sanctions and possibly "tactical" strikes. Double good for the US as they jump when Israel tells them to.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
iran could also withdraw from the treaty and then it wouldn't have to put up with any inspections.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
iran could also withdraw from the treaty and then it wouldn't have to put up with any inspections.

That would embolden the US and Israel to point their grubby fingers even harder.

+45 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I wonder what the US's stance is on this.

Whatever Israel tells them it is.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

They should drop out of the NPT. I mean, Israel isn't even a part of it, and the "good guys" leave them alone. Unfortunately, Iran would probably become the same as North Korea but really, they have sanctions against them anyways so whether you are a signatory of the NPT or drop out, you face sanctions if you don't "play ball".

It's a good thing they have proof of Iran's nuclear intentions.....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here are some more mainstream media sources covering the issue.

Seattle Times

Foxnews - Israel calls Iran the greatest nuclear threat

The Arab and Israeli documents were submitted to a preparatory commission for the meeting. Arguing the Arab position, Jordanian Ambassador Makram Queisi says Israel is exposing the Middle East "to nuclear risks and threatening peace" by refusing to throw open its nuclear facilities to international purview.

Beyond his warning on Iran, Ehud Azoulay, Israel's chief IAEA delegate, questions whether Arab nations have the moral right to point fingers. He says some have "a long, unflattering history of violating their international obligations and other norms of the international community" -- an apparent poke at Syria, itself suspected of hiding a nuclear program and the target of international condemnation for atrocities attributed to government troops fighting insurgents.

Reuters - UPDATE 1-Arabs may not press Israel resolution at IAEA meeting

Washington Post - Israel says Arab push to criticize its nuke capabilities takes focus from real threat _ Iran

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

+47 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have a question. Why does Israel have a delegate at the IAEA when they are not a member and are not bound to it?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yeah yeah whatever. For starters PressTV as a reliable and credible source? You must be joking! PressTV has less (way less) credibility than the BBC, Fox and CNN. Yeah, and that's not saying much and nothing to be proud of. If you like PressTV you support terrorism ..... fact.

Who cares! This will all blow over and business will be back to normal soon. Just because the little Terrorist runt in Iran stamps his foot? Aw Jeez! He's just not that important a person.

To all the left wing terrorist sympathisers get over yourselves.

The facts are:

1) Iran is a terrorist nation who are striving to build a nuclear weapon to destroy Israel & their allies.

2) Israel is allowed to have Nukes and Iran are not, simple. Iran cannot be trusted.

And all the left wing bitching, moaning, protest, forum and blog writing gets you no where. The people "running the show" just don't care about you or your opinion and will defend the more responsible nation of Israel's right to have nukes and stop the terrorist nation of Iran having them. Drive them into the ground and turn them into glass if required.

These are facts of life
edit on Wed Aug 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Amen brotha!

Who in their right mind would trust Iran over Israel?

Hell... Just ask any USS Liberty survivors

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I have a question. Why does Israel have a delegate at the IAEA when they are not a member and are not bound to it?

The IAEA's annual meeting of a General Conference is composed of 151 member states, each with one vote.
Yet you ask why ISRAEL has a delegate ?

www.dumunc.org...

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Because when you are the Bible-proclaimed "God's chosen people," you have moral authority over the whole planet. And of course this grants you rights to an unaccountable, secret nuclear weapons stockpile, too.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Hell, who can blame the IAEA? Israel is trigger happy and has an institutional political culture of victimhood, which is a dangerous combination. They think they are the only ones entitled to a nuclear stockpile in the region. What's good for the goose is good for the gander I say. Nuclear MAD (mutually assured destruction) only works if both side have the nukes.
edit on 29-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Yes because they are not an member. Your link showed me nothing that allowed for a NON-member to be there.

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Yeah yeah whatever. For starters PressTV as a reliable and credible source? You must be joking! PressTV has less (way less) credibility than the BBC, Fox and CNN. Yeah, and that's not saying much and nothing to be proud of. If you like PressTV you support terrorism ..... fact.

Who cares! This will all blow over and business will be back to normal soon. Just because the little Terrorist runt in Iran stamps his foot? Aw Jeez! He's just not that important a person.

To all the left wing terrorist sympathisers get over yourselves.

The facts are:

1) Iran is a terrorist nation who are striving to build a nuclear weapon to destroy Israel & their allies.

2) Israel is allowed to have Nukes and Iran are not, simple. Iran cannot be trusted.

And all the left wing bitching, moaning, protest, forum and blog writing gets you no where. The people "running the show" just don't care about you or your opinion and will defend the more responsible nation of Israel's right to have nukes and stop the terrorist nation of Iran having them. Drive them into the ground and turn them into glass if required.

These are facts of life

What on earth makes you think the terrorist nation of Israel can be trusted? And prove Iran is trying to build nukes. And who said Israel has the right to possess nukes especially with their terrorist threat to use them against everyone with the Samson option. Rouge nuclear states like Israel should be stripped of their weapons even if we have to turn Israel into a parking lot doing it.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yes because they are not an member. Your link showed me nothing that allowed for a NON-member to be there.

Your right Israel isn't a member so they have no right to be there. So their rep should be kicked to the curb.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

IAEA - Rules of Procedure of the General Conference

V. Representation of Other Organizations and of States not Members of the Agency

Rule 30. Representatives of States not Members of the Agency

Representatives of States Members of the United Nations or of any of the specialized agencies which are not Members of the Agency shall be invited to attend the General Conference and may participate without vote on matters of direct concern to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join