It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diffrent pathes that you didn't take in life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well hello ATS, I made a couple of threads on here a while ago, I just wanted to give everyone an explanation as to what and is still going on with me.

I had medical checkup up and don't drink or do drugs, so please don't shoot this thread down right away.

All I want to discuss with people here is the possibility that every decision that you make in your life and what would you do if you could change some action or event that you've always wanted to?

In someways I have seen diffrent versions of my reality, and I firmly believe that what I have witnesses is due to making the wrong decision, example when I was 12 I had a fight with a guy at my school, I won this made me someone to be feared so to speak, and in another universe I had lossed and was know in that reality to be the soft kid,

which one would you choose to live your life out in?

All I'm saying here on this thread is if you could

Witness every single action that you have ever taken would you? Or would you even want that gift or curse depending on how you look at it!

I'm looking forward to hearing other experiences form the community and input,

Trying to work out where and who you are has to be an important part in life, and people say we only live once, that I don't believe.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've thought about this before.

There are only a very few things I would've done differently, and if I could go back and make those decisions differently I would.

Reminds me of the movie "Mr. Destiny". Excellent movie, and how only one little thing in your life being different, could alter the rest of your life.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I play with this idea very often, and it also brings another movie to mind "The Butterfly effect". I used to get really carried away, but at the moment my life is exactly wot I've always wanted, and following my choices and decisions like a trail of breadcrumbs makes me realise that in the long run, there are no bad choices, just different options.
Would I change anything? An 80's hairstyle maybe
but no biggies, whether they seemed crazy, impulsive or bad at the time...they led me to where and who I am today. So I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with no regrets....except that darn hair style!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I thought of this a few times in the past, reminds me of sliding doors. I’ve thought of changing a few things like dumping my ex wife many years ago to save a heart break when I had the chance, then again if I had dumped her I wouldn’t have had the awesome esoteric journey of self discovery that I had. A journey that truly changed my life totally like I would have never thought possible. An experience I doubt I would ever describe it to anyone, it was so profound & so personal, so now that I think about it, no I wouldn’t change anything.

Life’s a big what if’s, we just don’t know what is around the corner. Not all bad experiences or bad choices are really bad for you, we need to go through them, its part of life’s lessons, a part of life's journey I guess. And things are just meant to be imo.

edit on 29-8-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's an interesting thought. I've always had that feeling that something else had happened after something happened, almost like what I had seen was not the only reality.

Being able to see the different paths set out for an individual with different outcomes that may change who a person really is to me makes me more confused on who I really am. This is my reality, but then what is the other reality that I just saw? It won't be easy to consider what to become or what to seek when that sudden alternative choice is there and I really wanted to be that person.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rightwing

I think about this alot actually. I may not think about it immediately after doing something, but after time goes on I eventually think about what I did, and wonder what would happen if I did it differently. For instance, Someone I know would get injured while is was with him, Then later that day after helping him I wondered what I could have done to make sure he didn't get as hurt, or hurt at all.

It all depends on your mentality in a stressful, or not stressful situation. Everyone has their own choices to make, and the choice is theirs...Whether to make the better or worse choice.

Very nice post, I'm glad someone posted something like this.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by A51TR3B
reply to post by Rightwing

Very nice post, I'm glad someone posted something like this.

Yup. Not enuff posts here to sit and make you think and realise how lucky, happy, fulfilled you really are, despite the other stuff goin on around you.

If I knew how to, I'd star n flag you OP

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I've actually often wondered about this, as there are things that I really wish I'd learned to do as a kid that I know I probably won't be able to master now without having done them. At the same time, I wonder if I would end up sacrificing what I consider to be my strongest qualities now had I dedicated the time I wish I had to certain other things.

top topics

join