It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can India liberate Tibet if it wanted to?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
IMHO,the USA always had some twisted sense of righteousness.They only help the defending country,never the aggresive country.Think Iraq in Gulf I,didn't USA help Kuwait?Either way,the UN would step forward,to prevent the war at least.

EDIT:Western posters..guess thats not me...so forget what i just said

[edit on 2/11/04 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Daedalus, your last post was the BIGGEST HUGEST, MOST MONSTROUS BS I have ever heard. China has NEVER had a expansionist policy for the last four hundred years. US and the West backing India? HA
Thats like saying a cat would back a mouse. Russia backing you? Their military budget does not allow them to participate in large regional conflicts other than Chechnya. There is a huge difference between giving you "yeah, do what you want...i don't care" and sending navy fleets and armies and plus they won't say "yeah, do what you want...i don't care", they don't want to lose a five billion dollar a year military export partner.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
China will win if India cross the line. END OF THE SENTENCE!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I Agree with COWlan, too.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
of course you agre with Cowlan you twit!! He's chinese just like you are!!It d be mighty shameful if you'd start disagreeing amongst yourselves on such matters

I said help will be "COVERT" so china wont know that India's being helped!!
Read carefully before you claim anything to be "BS". And if China is on the backfoot in this war, and they are unaware of russian help for the indians, then gues what they'll make that 5 billion$ a year figure greater!!

Also what you may think of my post is irrelevant. Its western reaction that includes europe too. So i've lleft it to the western poters to comment on my post. What you or any other chicom thinks about this post is of no consequence...

So here's that post again for future reference. Please only neutral parties comment on this because otherwise its nothing but mudslinging..And if non-neutral parties wish to add to the discussion, please do so by explaining yourself clearly with proof, not by saying "this is BS" etc..

E.g: prove that the economic relations China has with the west will prevent the west from interfering overtly/covertly.

I�ve been seeing a trend here that has been put forth by non-western posters that in the event of a Indo-China conflict the west will support China politically at least. Here are my reasons why that will not be the case:

1). China is not a democracy( no freedom of speech, opinion etc..)

2). China has ICBMs a weapon that poses an immense threat to no other entity except the west. The west does not take to that lightly.

3). China has always had a sense of �unknown� and predicting its moves and reactions have been a problem. The xenophobia it exhibits in various aspects does not rub well with the western powers.

4). China has stolen military tech from the US since the dawn of its military advancements..SLBM tech, ICBM tech come to mind instantly. India on the other hand has only contributed to the technical prowess the US is able to exhibit today. (>25% of NASA is of Indian orgin).

5). Although I don�t approve of thisits a fact. The next on the list of the American fanatic�s hatelist after the muslim, is the chinaman. They deem you to be sinister, untrustworthy�and that�s a fact not a dissent from my behalf. Its not the same with Indians. Public opinion in western countries will decide their stance on this war. It already happened for countires like France and Germany vis-�-vis Iraq.

Hence nobody will support China overtly in this war.
Also the point one makes about �China being invaded� is flawed. If we are to hypothesize this war, then we must do it correctly. China has an expansionist policy, not India. India would not go to war with China (esp start one) unless it had good reason. And this reason would be based on its democratic constitution. So the worst the west could do in this situation w.r.t. India is sit on the fence. They will definitely not help any country overtly, but covert assistance is another matter. Plus if the Chinese don�t know that then the west can feign non-alignment.

Same with Russia. Russia is not in the position to help anybody now, though it will definitely side India over China. Russia is the only country in the world who has backed India on Kashmir ever since the problem started. Similarly we�ve done the same for Chechnya. India is the only formidable ally Russia has ever had an so a weak India is not in Russian interests. They�ve �helped� us in every military conflict, including the time when the Americans brought the seventh fleet in to the bay of Bengal in the 71 Indo-Pak war to try and scare India. The russians used warned that they would thwart any attempt made by the americans to undermine Indias success in that war. They even brought akulas into they bay to pester the 7th fleet. Risking nuclear war with the US over a non-communist ally (that time) is the greatest risk/overture Russia(USSR) could have made.
Their help may not be overt but it will be there DEFINITELY .

This also follows suit for all of south-east Asia and most importantly Japan/South Korea. They will both definitely take India�s side.
And now who will support china? Pakistan and north korea?!!)

Even though we are hypothesizing, lets be realistic, in times of war one does not prioritize w.r.t. business partners, one prioritizes w.r.t. to trust, faith and reason.

The fact is if such a war happens(theoretically of course! ) IMHO most western countries will definitely support India covertly. Overtly I don�t know, and honestly I doubt, but covertly (real time intelligence, logistics, maintenance, rearming etc.)

I�d like to hear what western posters would have to say about my opinions here�

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Daedalus, I am sorry to say this but ALL YOU SAY IS BS!!! Covertly? COVERTLY? First may I ask why? Second may I ask how? Third may I ask What? Fourth may I ask India is not of any strategic importance to western countries, they are developing, they are not threatening, they "LIBERATE" Tibet without UN authrization........Wat the heck is wrong with your mind? Wat are they gonna send? Guns? Planes? Money? Political Help? non of that actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the UN forms a coalition and sends them to Tibet to stop the inviasion. "LIBERATING" is INVASION, it doesn't matter what form you change that word into.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

of course you agre with Cowlan you twit!! He's chinese just like you are!!
HAHAHA

wots dat stink? oh, it's chicom BS!

...and now fol the gland finale...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra

of course you agre with Cowlan you twit!! He's chinese just like you are!!
HAHAHA

wots dat stink? oh, it's chicom BS!

...and now fol the gland finale...

Wow don't start the 12 year old insults.I know my Indian friend here in real life stinks more than me.

As for being Chinese...Only people who think India would win is you and your buddy above me.Robert does not sound like a Chinese name to me,you twit

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
^^^
And "daedalus3" sounds Indian to you???

You must think us to be some sort of machine race or something!!
You are going down bro because my upgrade "daedalus4" has just come off the assembly line and its smarter, fast, and ...wait ...it gives more BS!!!!

You chicoms are a bunch of clowns!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
^^^
And "daedalus3" sounds Indian to you???

You must think us to be some sort of machine race or something!!
You are going down bro because my upgrade "daedalus4" has just come off the assembly line and its smarter, fast, and ...wait ...it gives more BS!!!!

You chicoms are a bunch of clowns!!!

Well it does not,but based on the BS you post about your damn country,i assume you are from India,and i don't think your smartass 12 year old comment is very funny

[edit on 3/11/04 by W4rl0rD]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

Well it does not,but based on the BS you post about your damn country,i assume you are from India,and i don't think your smartass 12 year old comment is very funny

[edit on 3/11/04 by W4rl0rD]

Oh so those who post BS are from India or what? scroll back up through this thread and see the number of neutral posters' comments who would be Indian according to your BS theory. Just because you've come into this thread at a latter stage doesn't mean you don't read all the posts before shooting up.
And my comment is not 12 year old, it is in response to what you said, so made it up now and it proves a point. Names don't necessarily depict country of origin.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by COWlan
Daedalus, I am sorry to say this but ALL YOU SAY IS BS!!! Covertly? COVERTLY? First may I ask why? Second may I ask how? Third may I ask What? Fourth may I ask India is not of any strategic importance to western countries, they are developing, they are not threatening, they "LIBERATE" Tibet without UN authrization........Wat the heck is wrong with your mind? Wat are they gonna send? Guns? Planes? Money? Political Help? non of that actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the UN forms a coalition and sends them to Tibet to stop the inviasion. "LIBERATING" is INVASION, it doesn't matter what form you change that word into.

You don't read my posts do you, never!!
I said that India would NEVER invade tibet unless it was forced to do so. Just like in 2002 India prepared for war with paskistan because it' had enough withthis insurgency. And at that time the west didn't blame India. Infact to appease India and to coerce it into backing down the west did some "severe arm twisting" with the pakis telling them to stop the insurgency otherwise nothing could stop India from reacting.
See example with proof: not BS....GOD!!!

Heres my scenario:
After maoist rebels(chinese funded) in nepal overthrow the nepalese regime and claim allegence to china china waltzs over and cooly annexes nepal. Thats it. Thats all it will take to enrage India and the rest of the world. India will never invade Tibet now for the "hec" of it...okay?? comprende??!!
So don't even bring the UN into this.The UN didn't rule against India when they were poised to punish Pakistan in 2002, now did it? Nor did India require UN authorisation to go to war with Pakistan. So now i guess whtever you're saying is BS.

I repeat let neutral posters comment on that post now, nobody else.Please

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oh please.

So what you are saying is,India can stand up to China without any assistance?That is the worst lie i every heard

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
YES I am saying that India can stand up to China....You think it can't but I think it can..we can't make anymore progress on that issue.

And your doubts about the 'friendship treaty' between India : just google for it and you'll get your answers..Incidently the USSR DID support us in the 1962 war.

Hence the point in the other forum about the Chinese using nukes against conventional russian forces. Or have you not read that also??!!

Check this link: www.cdi.org...

Also please read the section on an Indo-russia-china axis.Its a new world out there and strategic partners are a necessity.
Thats why I proposed regional unity in my previous posts on this very same thread but i suppose you haven't read those either!

See my motto: "New axis of evil : India-China-Russia" because im sure you haven't seen that too..

I rest my case

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You people are kids... Have fun...

Out,
Russian

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just to tell you Daedalus, USSR is gone. THere, Old news. Its gone and live with it, live with your imaginary ally.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The 1960s is not today.Russia is no longer the Soviet union.You rest your case?Sure,me too.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
The 1960s is not today.Russia is no longer the Soviet union.

You haven't been reading State Department briefings and assessments, have you? Many observers are beginning to talk of Russia's "backsliding" towards Soviet-style dictatorship under President Putin. No independent media, the diliberate concealment of the true numbers in Beslan, the witch-hunt at Yukos...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
You people are kids... Have fun...

Out,
Russian

Okay!! thanks for the permission good sir!

MrZ

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I used to read these forums all the time, but now people are just posting junk and prejudice comments....Why can't people post nicely and refer to facts from reliable sources??? Frankly I don't care, the world will destroy itself sooner or later if people can't tolerate eachother.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join