It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can India liberate Tibet if it wanted to?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
^^ I agree wholeheartedly...weapons forum degraded in to slugfest

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What a crappy flame-thread.

Anyone for wanting to start the thread over with constructive discussion?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This topic was dead and always will be dead IMHO

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
the world is not enough!

I have the feeling that the Chinese want to turn the moon into chinatown, not much opposition against expansion there, only the little green men will write angry letters to Kofi Anan.

However, the United States and India will seriously take up that space-race challenge, result: first interplanetary war in 2056

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
^^^Not entirely improbable..I can envision USAF and IAF flying flying joint sorties in their 'hammerheads' through the asteroid belt..Scene from "Space above and Beyond" pilot!!

I'd be a sadistic ol' geriatric by then

But seriously I'd rather see plaent Eart hunder one banner by 2050...or 2100...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
My dear india friends, since many of you like to argue based on empty words, I spent few hours, and also used and correct some other exisiting thread to provide a relatively integrated data for everybody. Most of the data from USA based articles

We Chinese never, ever, consider India as a serious compitator at this moment. You can ask anybody in Beijing or Shanghai, everybody talks about what is going on in NY, in Japan, in EU, our compititions are from there. So, please donot compare China with India anymore after this thread.......cause it is just meaningless and nonsense for most Chinese, really. Please just stop.

/************************************/

Steel (2003):
India: 28 Million tons
China: 225 Million tons produced by itself, and import 35 Million tons to satisfy the need
www.worldsteel.org...

Cement (2003):
India: really unknown
China: 55% cement in the world are produced in China and used in China

Freeway:
India: Only 2% four-lane, 34% are two-lane, and 64% are single-lane.
www.atimes.com...
China: 30,000KM, and increase by 4,600KM/year. (At least 4 lanes, 120KM/h)
english.sinocp.com...

Oil:
India: consumed 36 Million barrel in 2003
China: consumed 160 Million produced by itself, and import 100 Million barrels

Economy sectors:
China: Argriculture: 15% of GDP, Industry 52% of GDP, Manufacturing 35% of GDP, service 33% In 2001
India: Argriculture: 24% of GDP, Industry 27% of GDP, Manufacturing 16% of GDP, service 48% In 2001
China's industry increased 16.8% in 2003. See: www.cet.com.cn...
India's increased about 8%.

Trade
India: $1.54 trillion (import 80 billion, export 74 billion) year 2003
China: $8.4 trillion (2003), predicted to be 10 trillion in 2004

Investment:
www.unctad.org...
India: inwards: 4.269 Billion , outwards: 0.913 Billion in 2003; its US bond holding status: unknown
China: inwards: 53.505 Billion, outwards: 1.9 Billion
China: hold $167.2 billion USA bond in 2003. In 2004,it mightl outnumber Japan as biggest USA T-bond holder.
www.time.com...
China just signed the contract to invest more than $20 billion in South America
news.bbc.co.uk...

Foreign reserve and the external debt:
India: 100 billion and 112 billion debt in 2003
www.indiadaily.com...
www.finmin.nic.in...
China: 470 billion and 160 billion debt in 2003
www.bizjournals.com...
www.businessweek.com...

GDP in 2003
China 1409.852 billion US$
India 598.966 billion US$
See link: www.worldbank.org...
If based on purchase power (PPP)
China: 6435.838 billion US$
India: 3096.239 Billion US$
see link: www.worldbank.org...

Top self-owned brand company revenue:
India: Wipro: 1.17 billion; Infosys: 0.97 billion
China: Haier group: 10 billion, Changhong: 3.4 billion, Huawi: 5.4 billion, ZTE: 4 billion
www.businessweek.com...

Computer Hardware:
India: bought 2.3 Million PC in 2003
www.eetimes.com...
China: bought 13 Million PC in 2003
biz.yahoo.com...

Supercomputing:
India: the best is ranked at 267 in the world
China: the best ones are ranked as 17, and 34, 61 in top100.
www.top500.org

Self made CPU:
India: none
China: testing it own 64-bit Processor CPU, 500MHz (2003), and 1.7GHz(2004)
www.chataboutculture.com...

Market Standard:
India: not clear, need data!!!
China: TD_SCDMA, EVD, Wi-Fi and Beijing aims to have most of the country set up for service by 2005 with its own standard
www.businessweek.com...

Cell phone:
India: 28 Million users in 2003
www.thehindubusinessline.com...
China: year 2003 270 Million
www1.chinadaily.com.cn...

Internet user:
India: 16 Million 2003
www.internetworldstats.com...
China: 78 Million 2003, predicted 160 Million 2004
www.clickz.com...

Broadband Internet user:
India: less than 1 million
China 17 Million 2003
www.infoworld.com...
ritim.cba.uri.edu...

Corruption:
India:
www.globalcorruptionreport.org...
China, please see
straitstimes.asia1.com.sg...

Living quality:
Infant death rate: India: 59.59/1000 China: 25.26/1000
Life span: India: male 62.92, female: 64.37
China: male 70.33 female: 74.28
www.cia.gov

Sports:
2004 Olympics
China: 32 Golds. Ranked 2nd , total 63 medals, ranked 3rd.
India: 1 silver. Ranked��..???

Education:
Basic Reading Ability:
India: Illiteracy: 30% man , 50% women, averaged 44% cannot read
China: 16% cannot read, most of them are over 60 years old man
www.cia.gov...

High-level education
China: 1.89 million students graduate from college & university every year
Total 11.09 million undergraduates enrolled
India: need data!!
www.china.org.cn...
www.nsf.gov...

[edit on 27-11-2004 by proteinx]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
All that hogwash you emptied up there has nothing to do with tthe thread so what a waste!!

And most of your comparisions require data on the Indian side!!

If if comparisions with India are nonsensical to 'you' chinese, then why not just ignore these threads??!! Unfortunately most posts on this thread have been by chicoms!!

[edit on 27-11-2004 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
1> Not same level as a nation, and you want to take Tibet?

2>only 3 of 23 comparison lack India data, so, not "most" if you can count number

3> Because I think you need let fact speek in your brain. You are humuliating other chinese by comparing india with China.

I stop arguing with you anymore, I saw your other threads, basically all empty words just like you are talking to a buda.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well, that's why indians are far, far, far behind us in almost every regard except for boasting and bluffing. lol. They got only 1 silver in the olympics .lol what a bunch of weaklings .lol

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Oh, yeah.

Indian bluffing is almost the best in the world. Cause they can tell 3 items out of 23 items is "most of" the items even all those things are listed there. gez......

No question about that they are best on bluffing.

Esepcially it seems that they are not bluffing at us, they are more likely to bluffing to thermselves in the deep of their brain....... kind of funny and pathetic.

Once upon a time a great nation, become such .......joke...........sigh........

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Not only are they the best in boasting and bluffing, they are also the best in discrimination of the so-called untouchable, dalits. BTW, do you know they don't have toilet papers? lol What a bunch of basket case.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
really?

Let me guess what they can say..........

hmmmmm..

they will say:

We indian never s*h*i*t! We Indian people just invented knew technology about how to use mouth to do that job. lol

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Okay that does it...You want a verbal diarrhoea?! You got it!!
Hawksss why don't you reply to any of those threads I WASTE you in? Run out of arguements aye? So new alternative...piggy back on someone else's horse!!Sissy!!

Hawksss rhetoric..
1) Chinese live 10 years longer than Indians...So...

2)China won so many gold medals in the olympics...Remembber what that aussie poster said to that commnet of yours? He said I quote

If olympic medal tally were the measure of a country's prowess then Australia would be a superpower today!!

3) India has a failed democracy. The Chinese form of govt. is much more people friendly.
Then why don't you emigrate back to your 'homeland'...
Plus I've already showed you how EFFECTIVE Indian democracy is..You don't want me quote posting here again....

Listen the both of you, especially you proteinx, before you shoot off about chinese superiority i suggest you read the ENTIRE tibet thread. Then we talk...Same with the US vs China and Taiwan thread.
and all that crap about chinese not considering India a threat..well your indulgence in arguements here defeats that very notion....

Anyways if the thread here was about India 'liberating' tibet, not invading it , not annexing it..China on the other hand has its paws all over Nepal, with maoist insurgents and all, and by god if you manage to get your grubby paws over Nepal then we will liberate it along with tibet.WE've already done that to Bangladesh.
And how do we achieve that?...Like I said READ the WHOLE ENTIRE thread. If you find any inconsistencies in previous posts then quote and counter point..don't just trumpet in the air!!

And oh yeah I can count, count the no of irrelevant comparisions you've made vis-a-vis the current thread. What does any of that have to do with the tibet theatre anyways??And now TOILET PAPER?? ...

Jeez you've really run out of ideas!!

Not only are you chicoms ignorant and arrogant, but vile too...I look forward to wasting your case proteinx, and now since you've gotten your hands dirty, I will take an absence of reply from you as 'chickening out'
...are you game??

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
our poor friend here spinning his own head so hard but still cannot s*h*i*t any single data fact from his brain or from his ass to support his own argument. hey, india friend, do you really have those techniques that s*h*i*ting from mouth? you can be super power as long as you want for that!

poor kid, he has been used to his kind of empty talk all his life already. he shall stick on his own india forum instead of coming here.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
^^^I rest my case....no point arguing with you chicoms....sitting in foreign lands lamenting about your country's status....you're the one w/o the relevant contribution..
you see there's alittle thing called ATS points...me 3000 something..you a measly 200..you're the noob around here so I suggest YOU go back to your chinese fora, however oppressive and blind they may be...if you can't stick to the topic then no point prolonging this futile course of conversation..
Mods plz take note of the divergence from topic including the toilet paper rhetoric...You don't want to dish out warnings a couple of pages later...

And please when you come back I hope your english improves because you need that in these fora you see..

Btw Im 21 years old, not a kid, a final year engg. student in electronics and telecom...so I know my math....Lets haev you're biodata shall we? Who's the real kid here?

finally im not your friend so please don't call me that..It gives me the creeps..

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
sorry, kid, one day I will be so proud of speaking Chinese.

and you will still be discriminated by others because of your strange English acident---------and that will remind everybody your nation was a nation like to be slaved by others for 400 years

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
^^^Why aren't you proud of speaking chinese now??

An for the last time im not a kid..!!
Our country was not enslaved for 400 years..it was enriched..by the mughals, and by the british...we enjoy a very healthy relationship with the UK as a result of that...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
^^^Why aren't you proud of speaking chinese now??

Because I cannot be proud of it at this moment as long as I have to speak Engish to show that you are empty talk indian kid just like your father or your brothers

And I am pretty clear the day will come when we write in Chinese discuss about the world with everybody from the world. And I also belive someday you offspring will begin to speak strange Chinese with your acident agian and your kids will argue with others by saying: we indian people are pretty happy about that Chinese have governed us for another 400 years.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
with the potential of going to war with China while "liberating" tibet, what natural resources or commodity does tibet harbour that would be of such significance? None.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
First off, no one around the world is studying Hindi, yet most high schools in the US has Chinese as a second language together with the other useful languages.

Second, Tibet not only has huge strategic importance as it strides the aisan mainland and the subcontinent, it also holds the origin of most of asia's great rivers, such as the Yangtze, the Yello River, the Hindu, the Ganges, etc. BTW, they all lie in the border of China.

3rd, it probably is the largest water reservior in the world together with the two poles of the earth.

4th, vast quantities of basic materials are underground in Tibet.

5th, Mount Everest is inside China and that's a great symbol to have.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join