It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I beheld Satan falling as Baraq “O” Bamah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Jesus spoke aramaic / hebrew and lightning is

H1300
בּרק
bârâq
baw-rawk'
From H1299; lightning; by analogy a gleam; concretely a flashing sword: - bright, glitter (-ing, sword), lightning.

Is 14:14 heights is

H1116
בּמה
bâmâh
baw-maw'
From an unused root (meaning to be high); an elevation: - height, high place, wave.

nice try

edit to add IS 14:12-14 so we are clear what Yeshua was referring to:

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

edit on 15-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Isaiah came before Yeshua by a number of centuries. Trying to map the transition from paleo-hebrew to aramaic to modern hebrew and guessing at the pronunciations is very difficult.

Even in ancient times old Kabbalists like Abulafia would permute through the various sounds of the vowels for yod-heh-vav-heh because there was no known correct pronunciation other than to the Kohanim.

So while you are right to say bet-resh-kuf when sounded out by themselves sound like b_r_k. To get pronunciation right, like you noted in your previous post (here). We need those vowels. Strong's (who I assume you are citing) tried to keep it simple by guessing at the intermediary vowels as being roughly "uh" or "ah". Hence "barak" or "buruk". Maybe he's right. Maybe he's wrong.

The area where the interpretation is weak (not trying to disprove the theory—frankly I think it's fascinating!) is that "and" is a "vav" (ו). When the vav is at the beginning of a syllable it will be pronounced with a w (v in modern Hebrew), but when it at the end of a syllable it will be pronounced as a vowel (o or u). So arbitrarily transliterating it to "w" or simply "o" is a modern english corruption.

Moreover as I pointed out before "heights" alone isn't heaven. The phrase "heights of the clouds" refers to heaven. Not just heights. Yet we're substituting one word to try to make a fit. That is a lot of modifications. Especially when we factor in that the JPS version of Isaiah gives us a best guess at the proper nikkud and several Hebrew versions of the New Testament spell lightning as כְּבָרָק (try stripping the accents and just put ah's in between to see how it sounds).
edit on 15-8-2013 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
For a powerful, supernatural being, Obama sure has been bad at bringing about the Apocalypse.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa
For a powerful, supernatural being, Obama sure has been bad at bringing about the Apocalypse.

I think Egypt and Syria would disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

So this whole theory only works on thinly stretched phonetically spelled Hebrew to English?

Wow another great thread..... sigh...
edit on 15-8-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by modified device

So Obama has brought about the strife in Egypt and Syria?? Those countries have had political and social strife (including government upheavals and citizen uprisings) since before Obama was bornl

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Obama seems to be in the same league of extraordinary demons. After he finishes his presidency im certain there will be a swag of horror movies that portray him as the anti Christ, assuming he finishes his presidency of course this could be the start of the US dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I think perhaps you are projecting your shadow-self onto him, and you had a vision of that.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

So this whole theory only works on thinly stretched phonetically spelled Hebrew to English?

Wow another great thread..... sigh...
edit on 15-8-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Hey, it is phonetically sounded like George Bush it would have been talked about constantly. I found it quite interesting. My personal belief is Lucifer / Satan will be here defacto and not share the limelight with anyone. Obama is just another in a long line of puppets with the spirit of anti-Christ. There are many of those.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

I think perhaps you are projecting your shadow-self onto him, and you had a vision of that.

I'm pretty sure you are intellectually dishonest and enjoy being mean to people.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There will be large conspiracy (like 9/11) committed during the Obama era. This event will separate the goat and the sheep. Truth-seekers will unite and Brad Pitts WW-Z will commence anarchy style.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Obamas name in-stills in my mind the image of the Ram which is pictured in the devil pentagram sometimes. Why did Americans vote for a guy who is obviously a control freak?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Has it escaped your notice that virtually ALL World leaders are absolute control freaks? They kinda have to be to get anywhere near the job. Then they have to be, in order to do the job. But the really tricky part, is being able to hold on to the job when your Ministers and Generals start wondering if you really are the right man.

And the War war you started to exploit the electorate's Nationalist fervour for your election capaign has dragged on, become unpopular, expensive, so now, the liberal anti-War jingoism of the opposition is looking like it might cost you the upcoming General. To keep your political head under sustained pressure takes a very specific type of psychopathy. Thatcher, Blair, Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, all of them had it in Spades. Didn'teven notice the opposition, as they ground up the political landscape landscape beneath their Jackbooted heels. All utterly rabid and delusional narcissists. Charismatic in the Cabinet room, they could swing through to full crazy monkey megalo-mania in the space of aone meeting if they felt they needed to.

People like a nice loud, firm voice to follow. They like to hear their instructions clearly and the louder they're delivered, the more convincing they are. But the mental acumen of such men that seek the really powerful positions, tends to be a tad on the 'Hears no dissent" side of rationalality and a murderously Alpha level of persuasivness. The rigid, predatory rictus of the campaign smile, gets closer and closer to the Grinning leer of the Sadist with every soundbite and photo-op they survive.

Ancient limbic brainstem circuits, reptilian in origin, overide the intellectual cognitive and emotional processes now. Their motivation is to take control of everything they see, to boost their own, personal power bases. And those are the people we feel we can safel trust to lead us? Does giving the legally enshrined power of life and death over entire populations into the hands of one, particularly mad bastard like this, suddenly seem to be a bit stupid? Then it serves you right really.
edit on 28-12-2013 by BadBeast because: #ed up, posted it before I'd finished.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Torah: Luke 10:18 states:

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from Heaven ... Barack Bamah. In other words, Jesus is saying "I beheld Satan as Barack Bamah

voices.yahoo.com...

How more obvious can it get that Obama is Israeli bankster's puppet to bring down America into world war? I mean, we're already is a taxpayer-funded Holocaust of Muslims complete with widespread use of radioactive bombs across the mideast subcontinent!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

gardener
Torah: Luke 10:18 states:

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from Heaven ... Barack Bamah. In other words, Jesus is saying "I beheld Satan as Barack Bamah

voices.yahoo.com...

How more obvious can it get that Obama is Israeli bankster's puppet to bring down America into world war? I mean, we're already is a taxpayer-funded Holocaust of Muslims complete with widespread use of radioactive bombs across the mideast subcontinent!

Since when is the book of Luke in the Torah??

TORAH (The Law):
Berei#h (In the beginning...) (Genesis)
Shemoth (The names...) (Exodus)
Vayiqra (And He called...) (Leviticus)
Bamidbar (In the wilderness...) (Numbers)
Devarim (The words...) (Deuteronomy)

www.jewfaq.org...

Seriously, if you can't get that right then...

edit on 2/27/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else said it yet , I only read part of the first post before thinking about this, but let's not forget about his buddy the mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, if I'm not mistaken it translates to Rahm meaning godlike, and Emanuel meaning god among us. So Rahm Emanuel translates to godlike, god among us. IMO a pretty arrogant name.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

DonVoigt
I don't know if anyone else said it yet , I only read part of the first post before thinking about this, but let's not forget about his buddy the mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, if I'm not mistaken it translates to Rahm meaning godlike, and Emanuel meaning god among us. So Rahm Emanuel translates to godlike, god among us. IMO a pretty arrogant name.

Because, of course, babies name themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Why is their this desperate need to make everybody into the Anti-Christ? People have been doing for over a thousand years. What is this demand that end come in your life time? It just gets so old.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Seem like every president has been labeled this..... Why? Who knows

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join