It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Is Fired

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hey guys, I had an idea that could, honestly, do some good. If enough people found out about it and checked it out it could literally change the entire landscape of Washington, D.C. The premise is very simple and I am calling on anyone with website building experience to speak up to help get this thing rolling. Also- considering the nature of the site there is going to be a lot of research that needs to go into it so people who could help compile a list of congressmen/women would also be a big help.

After the disgusting display at the RNC it is beyond apparent that the whole Washington game is rigged in favor of the establishment parties. This is where this website that I thought of comes into play. It would be called congressisfired.com and essentially what it would be is a map of the United States. You would simply click your state and it would show a map of the state and the congressional districts in that state. You click your district and you would see who the representative is and how long they have held that office. From the state screen any district with a congressional member that has been in office for over 8 years would be flagged in some way. This is the indicator that would tell you it is time to vote that person out of office. It would work for both Democrats and Republicans.

The system has been corrupted by these career politicians and I believe it is time that all Americans start recognizing this problem and start a system where you can quickly and easily see when it is time for a politician to be voted out of office for someone new.

Your thoughts, ideas and help are all appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea. Although I think you may add details on their voting record. Because believe it or not, some of them will hold office for awhile because the people actually like them, not because they are "scammers" or anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yea, that could definitely be done- I'm just throwing this idea out there and seeing how well it is received by the ATS community. But at the end of the day I think it is just time for term limits for congress and they sure as hell won't ever vote themselves term limits so it may be up to the people to take it upon ourselves to enact them if they won't do it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I like your idea, career politicians are corrupt in almost all cases. BUT

I have little faith in any plan that counts on Americans to turn off the Kardashians, get off the couch, and get involved. Even in 2008, when American turn-out was said to be high, only 51% of people voted...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I dont care if the've been in office for five minutes or fifty years fire them all and start fresh. And first law instituted by the new congress is " no ex congressman or woman can run again and their life long salaries will be terminated including but not limited to healthcare. Let them try living like normal folk for awhile.

Edit to add -" No lobbyist" laws inacted and repeal all corperate identity laws.Dismantle the federal reserve and go back to the gold standard.
edit on 29-8-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
Hey guys, I had an idea that could, honestly, do some good. If enough people found out about it and checked it out it could literally change the entire landscape of Washington, D.C. The premise is very simple and I am calling on anyone with website building experience to speak up to help get this thing rolling. Also- considering the nature of the site there is going to be a lot of research that needs to go into it so people who could help compile a list of congressmen/women would also be a big help.

What idea? What thing rolling? You need some help to build a website and all of Congress will be fired? And you want help compiling a list of Congressmen? It's right here. So where's the beef?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I like the idea but basically its just forcing term limits which I totally agree with. I am so sick of career politicians I believe that is where 95% of our nation’s problems stem from. The senate needs to go as well. I will keep an eye on this sight and try to think of something that might help.

I don’t think it will get much attention but anything is possible. (Except honest politics) Here is a possibility an online petition to enact term limits for the house and senate. I don’t know if it would be legal but with enough names and support it may get some media attention that could kick start a real petition. (Kind of like testing the water)

anyway star and flag

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
isthisthingbugged- I agree with your sentiments, trust me, I've battled with how to turn apathy into activism, but think that having the information readily available to the public would help with those of us who are, how I say, less apt to do the research themselves. A simple website telling people that "The person in your district needs to go." Would be easier than them looking it up themselves.

twohawks- definitely agree with you, but I think freshman and sophomore congressmen/women are less likely to be bought by now, but their time will come soon enough.

schulyer- I saw that list, problem is it doesn't show how long they've been there, or does it? I'm not sure. But I think this would be a great step for the Liberty movement to have a tool to start putting people in place to upset some of these people that have been entrenched in Washington for a long time. Hell, most of these people have been in office longer than I've been alive (23 years).

edit to add- the help I need is building the website- I have some technical knowledge, but I would need someone who really knew what they were doing.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I for one am tired of the partisan B.S... I don’t give a damn what party they are in they need to work together instead it is always about their solidarity to each other when it should be about what is best for the country the congress and senate of this century doesn’t give a crap about this country it’s all about keeping their seat so they can keep getting paid for doing didily sh#t and then come election time they give everyone a show about how hard they are working for you the taxpayer it just pisses me off.

Maybe there should be a graph on the sight of how many times they voted party lines and how many times they actually worked with the other side for the betterment of the nation. A separate graph to show how many times they voted in their own interest like their pay raises or better health insurance those would be votes it was probably unanimous.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I would venture a guess that any new representitive is already baited and hooked by corperate america, which is why I say fire them all and in correlation to the previous poster, the senate as well. Hell, while we're at it, fire the present adminstration and any previous posts filled by any present or previous admin including, but not limited to supreme court justices and any and all DHS personel. Oh lets not forget the repeal of the patriot act!

By the way if you have adobe suite, it't great web building software.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's such a good idea, it already exists my friend

goooh.com...
edit on 29-8-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
hmmm well, i never heard of that website, good for them then... I'll just help a cause already in progress...

lol

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
It's such a good idea, it already exists my friend

goooh.com...
edit on 29-8-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

Star
for even knowing about the site.

That site needs some serious revamping not to mention a much better name. It took me a minute to discern what the page was about. It’s a sad fact but when something is geared for the entire populace it needs to be simplistic, flashy, with a catchy acronym for a name. The sights name is GOOOH ? That is horrible. I applaud them for taking the initiative but face palm at their execution. OK I am now going to look hard at the sight admittedly I am just responding from my initial thoughts when I opened the sight up.

This is such a great idea in my opinion it may deserve a separate initiative with more initial appeal.

Sorry I seem to be ranting today.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Give yourself credit. You recognized and elegantly described one of our country's greatest problems in your OP. The legislature is in contempt of the people, and if we don't fix it now, we're screwed.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

that's what i thought- gooh? It does seem a bit lackluster... congressisfired is a very simple, to the point site that people would know what its about before they even visit the website, imo.

And thanks for the credit, I appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad
Sounds like a great idea. Although I think you may add details on their voting record. Because believe it or not, some of them will hold office for awhile because the people actually like them, not because they are "scammers" or anything.

I must admit that this is a true statement, although I despise most politicians. People need to look at the voting history, as that is the only thing that will tell you what you need to know about that candidate. I just hate the idea of politicians trying to sell themselves to the public by showing only their best face, while not hesitating to lie, cheat, or steal if they know they can get away with it.

Character, imo, is what a person does when no one is looking. And there are very few politicians who would turn down some type of benefit for themselves if they knew they could get away with it, if it were illegal or immoral. Are these really the people we want leading our nation?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A Great Idea for sure, as there cannot be TOO Many websites like this to Remind Americans!

This Type of Site Already Exists in this Form Too! - Term Limits.org

www.termlimits.org...

Lots of ways to Get Involved on This Site Too!

A Star & A Flag for Your New Site Idea Too !

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Awesome idea Ketzer22! Not a bad idea to further the waking process. I do not think that making the website is your challenge as there are many people gifted and willing to do so, also you will have different approaches and ideas flowing in as seen in some above posts. Rather focus on your audience and how you will introduce people to this site of yours. People of an ATS like mind would tend to be attracted to this site easily, your challenge will be the media fed majority. None the less, I hope your plan comes to frutition, you have my support.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have been reading through GOOOH website I haven’t found anything about term limits. Yet! Even joined.

About to look at termlimits.org.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hey thanks, conspiracy now, I appreciate the words of encouragement. I may get together with my friend who has built websites and see if he'd be interested in trying to make this happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join