It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers will place billboard outside Ft Leavenworth as protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Oath Keepers is putting up a billboard right outside the main gate of Ft. Leavenworth Kansas to respond directly to the Small Wars Journal article by Leavenworth instructor Colonel Kevin Benson which paints the Tea Party movement as a future military opponent during domestic CONUS operations by the U.S. military.

I am glad to see them do this. The military needs to know that they should not fire on fellow Americans. The Oath Keepers stand for the rights of all Americans and will be with the people if TSHTF.

We stand in defense of the rights of all Americans, but since Colonel Benson has chosen to name the Tea Party members in particular as possible future military enemies during domestic operations, we are coming to the defense of the Tea Party in this case.

The article goes on to talk about putting billboards outside military bases across the nation.

Oath Keepers is also launching a national campaign to put similar billboards outside of military bases across the United States. We were planning on starting with Camp Lajeune, North Carolina or Ft. Stewart Georgia, but Colonel Benson’s outrageous and dangerous article in the Small Wars Journal compelled us to make Ft. Leavenworth the first base for our billboard campaign.

Since the Oath Keepers are made up of military, police and firefighters, both previous and current, hopefully the few soldiers that would fire on Americans will see these billboards and think twice when the order is given.

This Colonel Benson should be hanged for high treason against the American People IMO.

What say you ATS?

oathkeepers.org... ty-as-future-enemy-of-u-s-military/

And here is an ATS thread on what this Colonel said to warrant the billboard.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8/29/12 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm so going to bayonet someone!
CaptianCoDPiece will rise again!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I dont think they have done it yet. However, they may not ne allowed to. I would not be suprised if the government came down on them and said no.

I hope it goes up though.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Seems like this Col needs to reread his oath. A soldiers duty is to protect America against enemies both foreign and domestic. When TSHTF and it's left to the people of this nation to defend it I'll take down whomever I view as an enemy of America. I could careless if they are tea-party, OWS, military or oath keepers a bullet doesn't give a crap about politics or group affiliation. If they are going against the constitution then they just put themselves in the cross-hairs.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

You are correct. It hasn't been put up yet, but according to the site, they needed to raise $1,650 for the billboard. Right now they have $1,816 and counting, so they have enough already to make it happen.

And even though there might be some who would try to stop this, I don't believe they will be able to under the First Amendment. They might be able to bully someone else into not putting it up, but they will not be able to bully the Oath Keepers.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

When you figure active duty versus vets, only 3 words come to mind.

Little Big Horn.

(Go Oathkeepers!
)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Great job Oath keepers!

I wonder if they will make them take it down? That 1st amendment right is under fire. It may become the first lost to the NWO and how they will take away the rest.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Seems like this Col needs to reread his oath.

Apparently he has no clue what his oath even means. Maybe this billboard will help educate him on the matter.

top topics

join