It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter: Romneys 'Happy to Have a Party With Black People Drowning'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hot mic moment

David Chalian of Yahoo News made the gem comment.

Caught.

On a hot mic, reporter David Chalian of Yahoo News said that Ann and Mitt Romney are "happy to have a party with black people drowning." Here's audio:
link to the audio

You're Fired

***UPDATE III: Yahoo just announced they have terminated Chalian effective immediately.

***UPDATE II: Romney camp comments: "It hasn’t even been 24 hours after the primetime speech line up at the Republican National Convention last night, and you can already tell how successful and powerful of a night it really was by the complete and utter meltdown the mainstream media is experiencing today. ... Most shockingly, Yahoo! Washington Bureau Chief David Chalian got caught on an ABC webcast saying that Mitt Romney would be “happy to have a party when black people drown.”

***UPDATE: ABC News reached out to Breitbart News to name the man heard mocking the Romneys during this ABC News livecast: David Chalian (pictured) of Yahoo! News. Chalian is a former political director with ABC News, but according to ABC News has no association with the network now. The headline has been changed to reflect this update, as has the story itself. **Shock** In ABC Webcast, Yahoo News Chief Says Romneys ‘Happy to Have a Party When Black People Drown’

The media is going nuts

TAMPA, Fla. -- Yahoo News has fired Washington bureau chief David Chalian after he was caught on a hot-mic during an online video broadcast today saying that Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, had no problem with African Americans suffering as a result of Hurricane Isaac, a source familiar with the situation tells POLITICO. (Now confirmed: see below)

"They're not concerned at all. They're happy to have a party with black people drowning," Chalian said during the ABC News/Yahoo News webcast, in reference to the fact that the GOP convention in Tampa is taking place as Hurricane Isaac makes landfall on the north Gulf coast. Yahoo News fires David Chalian

Why are they all scared of Romney ?

Get ready for Romney two terms !!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Race baiting much?... I'm sooooo sick of hearing about how racist you are if you happen to not vote democrat.

The word has lost all meaning and I don't even care if I'm called racist anymore. If you are white and say the words "black or Latino" your a racist.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The media really does seem to be hitting the racist thing hard today. To me it doesn't matter if Romney is racist or not, pond scum has more moral standing than that ass-puppet

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Member loam opened this same topic 13 minutes before this one.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please go there and comment...........

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
d/p

edit on Aug-29-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What a sad time for America, where people will actually put their confidence in someone of the likes of Romney.

People just can't see past the curtain I guess.

If folks really believe Romney is going to protect their second amendment - let alone *any* amendment, they are off their rocker.

Neither party could care less, isn't it obvious enough?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All this conservative outrage over the comment is just reminding people about Bush and Katrina. It would be far better just to ignore the statement and let it die.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Mi Loves' Wiki page was attacked, this reporter going off, the poll numbers must be terrible for the Obama team.

They can't run on policy. So their Ministry of Propoganda (The MSM) is playing the race card!

By the way, Obama is campaigning. . . . while black people are drowning. But I'm wrong to bring that up!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Romney.. but this shouldn't reflect at all against him. He didn't say it. It doesn't look as if he reacted favorably to it. So really this is a non-issue. It should only have negative consequences against the reporter. Which it looks like it did.

This reporter wanted to make it about race. And that is wrong. But look at the MSM? Look at CNN and Fox and MSNBC.. all throwing a hissy fit because the Hurricane is taking away from the Convention.

The Daily Show did it best...

The Daily Show - August 28th

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So one is a racist and the other is an elitist? I'll let you figure which one is which.

The stupidity of people this election cycle is astounding. Like it's going to matter. If you think that either one of these idiots give a fart about you, your job or your standard of living....well....I can't bring myself to say it...suffice to say you need mental illness medication.

The Obama nuts thnk he's going to suddenly improve!

The Romney-robots think his magic underwear is going to save them...

I think I can sprout wings and fart butterflies...about as likely as these two making a bit of improvement in your life...

get over yourself...you are living in a fantasy dream world...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Pretty much sums up all the mass media. If we keep leaving mic's hot eventually there will be no media left.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Posted a bit earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join