It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book of the Dead!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Does the stuff in the book of the dead actualy work. I have seen the mummy returns and seen how the kid used it to bring his mom back to life, but that is just a movie. I was wondering if that secene in the movie was based on any fact.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've put a link to this book before, but for postarities sake I'll link it agin, who kbnow if it works. Try it and let us all know. Btw if you need DEAD one, LOL, break into the local morgue, they should have them cold and waiting...

interoz.com...

Pizza I didn't know you were into Necrofilia, have any stories in your closet?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Don't listen to him, Pizza, if you have a thing for necrophelia, keep those sketetons in the closet!

Get it? Necrophelia - dead remains in the closet?!?

Aw, c'mon guys, I'm dyin' here! Talk about a tough audience!!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Dont i have to speak the stuff in egyptian for it to work?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Not nesisarily, as long as you know the meaning to the words, its the spirits your talking to, they understand what your sayiing. Besides, it was ritual for the masses, its like putting on a show.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
As i was reading that site, it says i need lots of stuff to recite the stuff to. Like statues of the gods and boats and other stuff. I do not happen to have any of those things around my house.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The Ancient Egyptians were heavily into magic, not just religion. They performed magical rites whilst preparing Pharoah for his trip to the stars. The Book of the Dead coupled with magical incantations was a part of that ritual. A very good book about this stuff is called, "The Elixir And The Stone: Unlocking The Ancient Mysteries Of The Occult", by Michael Baigent & Richard Leigh.

The Egyptians are said to have had magical king-making rituals that they refused to divulge with their Hyksos conquerors, but were revived when the Egyptians overcame them.

It's quite interesting that most occult / magical practices that we may see today stem from anceint Alexandria. That city was the perfect melting pot to combine ancient Egyptian magical rites with the Greek mystery school teachings of the cults of Diana & Minerva.

From Alexandria sprang many of the secret occult & magical beliefs of the Middle East that influenced the Knight's Templar and eventually Freemasonry.

Also from Alexandria came the roots of Alchemy and Heremeticism that flowered during the Renaissance and influenced modern science.

The Rosecrucians are another secretive occult-based group who's roots and many beliefs go back to ancient Egypt and align with those of Freemasonry.

This information is easy enough to find using any good search engine or multicrawler.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Isn't the book of the dead called the Necronomicron?

Oh, and BTW, its Rashi Muna Kashka...to stop any dead guys from kicking your ass!!!

Have fun!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The Necronomicron is not the Egyptian Book of the Dead, although many may assume that it is. The Egyptian Book of the Dead was written around 1240 B.C.

The Necronomicron:

Abdul Alhazred, wrote the original Necronomicron. " He visited the ruins of Babylon and the subterranean secrets of Memphis and spent ten years alone in the great southern desert of Arabia-the Roba el Khaliye or 'Empty Space' of the ancients and 'Dahna' or 'Crimson Desert' of the modern Arabs, which is held to be inhabited by protective evil spirits and monsters of death. Of this desert many strange and unbelievable marvels are told by those who pretend to have penetrated it. In his last years Alhazred dwelt in Damascus, where the Necronomicon was written and of his final death or disappearance (738 A.D.) many terrible and conflicting things are told. He is said by Ebn Khallikan (12th century biographer) to have been seized by an invisible monster in broad daylight and devoured horribly before a large number of fright-frozen witnesses. Of his madness many things are told. He claimed to have seen the fabulous Irem or city of Pillars, and to have found beneath the ruins of a certain nameless desert town the shocking annals and secrets of a race older than mankind. He was only an indifferent Moslem, worshipping unknown deities whom he called Yog-Sothoth and Cthulhu."

The Necronomicron was also a book written by H.P. Lovecraft, based on the original writing.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Oh, okay..cheers Deep!

Oh, BTW..Yog Sothoth sounds really familiar?

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RavenStar
Isn't the book of the dead called the Necronomicron?

No ! This one is the sacred book of the dead used by aegyptians to talk with them idols...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yes, well the Both are the same book, is arab magic, but it has been modified from the 6th centurie, so it won�t work now, too much modifications and changes, the guy that wrote that book, afterwards was getting crazy (that is what the legend says), and he started to see things, and get crazy, the story tells that the men, was on a market in the north of africa, and some ppl witnessed how he dissapeard like loosing flesh (being ate by invisible x) and just dissapear from the place.
Weird stories, i am gonna tell about the magic, i know that magic is a fact on this earth... Specially know from where comes (time and place). But it�s something u really have to watch what for, Problems, disinformation
and getting crazy...

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Uhmmm....NO

The information regarding the Necronomicon above, is correct.... (Lovecraft was a real nutjob, and his writing makes Stephen King look like Candyland...so check it out, hehe....)

The Book of the Dead (Egyptian) dealt really more with the techniques and rituals of sending souls to the afterlife, and info about the afterlife itself....versus bringing someone back from it....

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Any of you guys ever see The Army of Darkness? It's the third movie of the Evil Dead series.

Varatay-Nectoo-*Shpoodopoo*

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yup.....

GIVE ME SOME SUGA BABY!!!

Hysterical film!

Got the DVD and its got both endings...my favorite is the one he ends back in his own time!

What is ED 1 and 2 like?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's about the same thing. Except before he goes back in time. In ED 2 he cuts his hand off. I thought it was pretty funny.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Yup.....

GIVE ME SOME SUGA BABY!!!

Hysterical film!

Got the DVD and its got both endings...my favorite is the one he ends back in his own time!

What is ED 1 and 2 like?

ED II is hysterical. As someone who was indoctrinated into ED by my wacky mom at the ripe old age of 10, ED II is my personal fav.

"GIVE ME BACK MY HAND!!!"

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The book of the dead is nothing more than a book of prayers and spells.It was used to make sure the deceased got to the afterlife.It is not evil either,the person that died was supposed to have lead a good life and had to answer questions from various gods honestly.(Isis,Osiris)Or they would not be allowed to enter.
I have read it a couple of times.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Aren't the 10 commandments supposedly copied from the Book of the Dead?

I have not done inequity.
I have done no murder; I have done no harm.
I have not committed fornication.
I have not defiled the wife of any man.
I have never cursed or opposed Neter.
I have not polluted myself.
I have not acted with insolence.
I have not stirred up strife.
I have not plundered the Neter.
I have not spoken lies.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Alot of the old testament can be found in the book of the dead,as well as other Egyptian writings.

I have done no murder; I have done no harm.

This I do rember reading.Guess I'll have to pull the book of the shelf and look for the rest.
www.lysator.liu.se...
The link is the book of the dead.Hope you have a lot of time on your it someone wants to read it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join