It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsung Pays Apple $1 Billion Sending 30 Trucks Full of 5 Cents Coins [updated]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Samsung Pays Apple $1 Billion Sending 30 Trucks Full of 5 Cents Coins

techspy.com

This morning more than 30 trucks filled up with coins of 5 cents arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said it was diverted to the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.
(visit the link for the full news article)

UPDATED
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Wed Aug 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
LOL

Where does one get that many Nickels? This must be a hoax, but we'll find out probably by Anderson Cooper this evening.

I'd just like to believe this is true because Apple are patent Nazi's. Love the closing statement at the trial:

"History has shown there has yet to be a company that has won the hearts and minds of consumers and achieved continuous growth, when its primary means to competition has been the outright abuse of patent law, not the pursuit of innovation."

Should have put this in their too:

techspy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Corporate a-holes toying with each other for publicity.

Why don't they take all those loaded trucks and go and buy and food and give it to some third-world country, there's good publicity.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If true I think that it is absolutely awesome, right in line with the guy at best buy who used all $2 bills to pay the balance due. Although I feel this is someone pulling a fast one I still thinks its great and should have been pennys keep the idiots at apple counting for a long time.

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The original article is filed under 'HOME › HUMOR › SATIRE › APPLE' so I think it is a joke.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.

You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.

A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Personally I think it's awesome that Samsung's CEO sent the payment in nickels! Have fun taking that to coin star! Or worse the bank!

Apple got what they deserved on this one in regards to the payment being a pain in the ass. Too bad Samsung couldn't drum up 100 billion pennies that would have been even better!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If they did do it for the lulz i'd hope the drivers of the trucks had on troll face masks and playing the trololol song as they pulled into culpertino

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It has to be a hoax....surely??? $1 Billion in liquid cash lying around....eh....i don't think so!!!

as a side note....that happened to me with a speeding fine....paid it in pennies (it was £60).... i turned up at exactly 4:59 (1 minute before closing) the woman made me wait for 45 minutes until she counted the pennies...nd then re counted them)

that will teach me to be a smart ass....if it is true....good luck counting that.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Really though, for those of you whom have never handled large sums of cash, do the mental math here.
30 trucks ain't gonna get it.
I'm thinkin you'd need a couple to a few trucks if the 1 billion was in $100. bills.
Now nickels...
You'd need a few more trucks.

edit on 29-8-2012 by g146541 because: spellar broked

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Here's how screwed up the courts are...

Samsung develops a similar product, on a different OS/hardware and loses in court to Apple. This would be akin to Ford suing GM for the steering wheel.

Meanwhile, (large company starting with a "G") openly stole Java from (large company starting with an "O"), and (large company starting with an "O") loses?

Gotta love the courts!

edit on 29-8-2012 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So... how many nickels are in circulation? Can we get a reading on that?

top topics

join