It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming/buzzing sound coming from outside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hey guys,

My brother was sleeping on the top floor last night and at around 2am he came downstairs and told me about a humming he heard. He said it sounded like something circling the house/neighborhood. The sound would grow large and then fade away and then return (explaining the circling). He says it was a mechanical buzzing. On top of that sound there was also a rather quiet note playing, as if someone was holding down a key on the keyboard. It wasn't instrumental, but it was a steady tone.

This is the second time this has happened to him within the year. The last time this happened (around April), he heard light, muffled footsteps as well as the synthetic noises. He says that sometimes the sound would cut off in an unnatural way.

After he came downstairs, about an hour later we heard a rustling sound in the bushes by my window. At first I thought it was a raccoon or rat, but it gave off a staticy sound. It's kind of hard to explain. Best way I can describe it is an object hovering through bushes, creating a static noise.

The noises upstairs could have just been his imagination, except that I heard the humming too, around the same time we heard the rustling outside my window. Like he said, it faded in and out.

So, some more detailed info:
-my brother is 17 and I am 21
-we live in the outskirts of Vancouver, BC in a suburban area
-we live in a 3 story house (my brother was on the top floor, everyone else is in the basement and grandma has the middle floor)
-it wasnt raining last night

So, has anyone else ever heard noises like these? Any idea what the footsteps could be?

Thanks!
-Julio

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

aliens on the roof.

like in the movie "Signs"

edit on 29-8-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have heard sounds and filmed a video too! Im trying to get to 20 posts so that i could post a thread. Ill keep you updated!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just to weed things out do you live around any Transformers? I have two around my house, they alternate humming and buzzing when the power current increases or decrease happens 5-6 times a year, sounds like is moving around the house.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have heard "the hum" several times over the years. Sometimes is lasts a week, sometimes a whole season. Search "the hum". It's usually not as audible outside of a structure. Try going outside or moving around the house to see if it changes in volume. Certain rooms resonate the frequency better than others.

Rustling in the bush, or static crackling sound could be a clue that it is just some wires or transformer with a bad connection
edit on 29-8-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julio
..The sound would grow large and then fade away and then return (explaining the circling). He says it was a mechanical buzzing. On top of that sound there was also a rather quiet note playing, as if someone was holding down a key on the keyboard. It wasn't instrumental, but it was a steady tone. ...

Is there farm equipment running somewhere nearby? It almost sounds like a nightly harvester heard in the distance, going back and forth. A high pitched tone-like whine is not unusual coming from farm equipment.

Perhaps other equipment?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I had a member post on my thread about looking out her window one day to see three stick figures that looked like they were made of electricity walking through her garden. I know.... weird! But then there was another member who posted something similar.... so, with two people having a similar experience with "electric beings", it makes one wonder!
Could be these beings from another dimension stepping through the timeline into our reality giving off the buzzing sound?
Just an "outside the box" explanation to consider.

edit on 8/29/2012 by sled735 because: addition

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Could be ET related or black ops.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Yes I have also!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did a thread on it a few months back!!!

No footsteps, but I heard the giant machine type thing in the sky over the house and it woke my family up!! Wife, 3 dogs and myself......Read my thread if interested in details...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've heard.... well, similar. Not humming or buzzing, but rumbling. It's not jets- They go over and keep going. This thing hovered for a good 3-4 min and then moved off slowly. It was louder, bass-ier, and seemed to pulsate a bit as well. It also did not follow the usual jet flyover route.

Also, during a couple extra bad thunderstorms, I have heard a VERY low, pulsating rumble. It's not thunder, but it sounds like it (since the thunder rolls away until the next strike). This has a vibration to it I can feel it more than hear it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

If you are confident about hearing this, you should go to your neighbors to see if they heard anything out of the ordinary. Contacting neighbors would be great, because maybe they would have some more info. to give on this.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I hear noises like that sometimes, but I am 17, when I was really little I kept getting ear infections, water ear not good combo, I had six sets of ear-tubes, I have incredible hearing but I shouldn't be able to hear at all, The only reason I can hear is because my parents hired the best ear doctor in Lansing Michigan. Apparently that was his only good quality, he was supposed to have been an a@$^*!#% sorry I ramble sometimes, the point is that it could just be my ears

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hey guys Im Joaquin, just made this account.

I think it's important for me to further explain the sound.

So the general description my brother made was humming/buzzing getting larger and then softer.
However when I reflect on last night there's a few things that are very difficult to convey but I'll try my best.
Every sound which made up this "thing" was almost "Pulsating" sort of like an electric guitar with high reverb/echo.
There was one soft tone that was kind of high and this might suggest the transformer theory but now that I've gathered my thoughts, this can't be the case. The sounds which would fade, as if leaving off into the distance would return, and I felt the noise coming from above. At its highest peak I can describe the affair as if a skytrain was flying around the house. While a transformer box may make those low hums or high pitched frequency's, the sheer volume and intensity of the sounds rule out the transformer box for me. At it's volume peak, the sound would resonate a very airy/windy engine sound similar to a plane, with higher tonalities similar to a skytrain.
The disturbing part for me is that a plane goes away, and is way quieter. ( I can't overstate the sheer volume of what I heard). This, whatever it was, came back and I was pretty much paralyzed in fear. I don't know how I got the courage to run into my brothers room in the basement but I just sprinted out.

I know it wasn't the transformer box. Im not religious in any way but the sounds this thing made made me really FEEL its presence. I could feel the vibration of it through my pillow, faintly. It was eratic, unpredictable and brought me very close to calling 911.I could hear it safely in the distance hovering around somewhere else and leaving me alone, only to return as if it wasn't done with me or the area I was in.

I've never been more scared in my life, and I've never heard ANYTHING or experienced anything as traumatic. Thanks for listening, if you've ever experienced something similar PLEASE contact me or let me know.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
If it was as loud as you describe, I think you should ask your neighbors if they heard something too. Just be casual about it, don't mention anything about UFOs, just ask if they heard like a plane, or some heavy equipment. Just say you were worried or curious about what it was.

Noone can really give you any explanation, so I think you need to find out if you were the only one who heard something that loud in the neighborhood.

Btw., is your house set in a valley or low area, or more up on a hill? Is there anything physically that can reflect or trap sound around where you live?

edit on 30-8-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: more

top topics

join