It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos: Angry RNC Crowd Shouts Down Puerto Rican Speaker, Reince Priebus Forced To Quell Mob

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Here's what DID happen. MSNBC cut away from all the speeches by minorities to give the impression the convention was jilting them. This blatant manipulation of the news is typical of the MSM. Since they are in Obama's pocket, their aim is to distort the Republicans every chance they get.

Then FOX "News" is in on it too, since they didn't cover any of these speeches either. Only one network aired all speeches live, and that was PBS. Ironic, considering the GOP want's to kill all funding for PBS.

I could also point out that the speeches weren't "cut away from", they just reverted back to the commentary panels each network had.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I'm confused. Why were there rodeo clowns chanting at a political convention in the first place? It's like some kind of Garth Brooks witchcraft cult.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
especially as the camera panned around the chanting, angry crowd, to show a startling lack of diversity among their members.

OooOOOOooohh, scary white people. Just say it, you're scared of white people. You've bought in the media/DNC generated racial fear mongering and now you've come to believe that too many white people together is BAAAAD.

Imagine you were talking about a group of black people. Why don't I ever hear your kind ranting about that? Oh, that would be racist huh?

edit on 29-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It was rude and disrespectful towards the lady from Puerto Rico...but it wasn't in response to her.

I have a thread that covers this video, and I addressed the point that some are saying this is a reaction to her. There was just an acclamation vote where the "Ayes" and "NOs" seemed almost identical if not the "NOs" being louder...and Priebus declared the "Ayes" had it and then immediately went to introduce the lady from Puerto Rico. Ron Paul supporters started calling for "Point of Order" and in response the Romney supporters started chanting "USA" to drown them out.

Believe me, I would call them out if I thought they were chanting USA in response to her coming on stage...but that isn't the case. Some were screaming for "Point of Order", some were screaming "Seat Them Now", and others screamed "USA" to drown them out...I believe others just joined in the "USA" chant because they had no clue what was going on. And there were probably some that joined in because they thought they were protesting a Puerto Rican speaking...but I don't think that was the main point.

The real story here is that the RNC chairman blatantly ignored the delegation and passed a resolution that didn't really have the "Ayes" to pass it.

Here is my thread that discusses that:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

I can't agree more. with my initial view I was quite angry. I started to post "one candidate putting his foot in his mouth about rape is bad, but an entire room is systemic." I held my post until a few more facts came out. If this isn't about the puerto rican woman, then it could hardly be worse timing. (they should have chanted mitt-rom-ney) It really looks bad, but I wouldn't call it racist.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Apparently this was the product of closed-minded, racist, prejudiced republicans. What else can be concluded from reading about and seeing this? For all the religious and personal values that conservatives supposedly stand by and preach, they sure have problems with a lot of people and things. I don't care for dems either, but at least they are not so ignorant when it comes to tolerance. This is just sickening.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm thinking it was more a shouting match between the Romney supporters and Paulites. Though it is really weird timing...

Audio of the screaming was cut out by C-SPAN, but it continued unabated as the convention proceeded, with angry delegates shouting “No” to practically every motion following this decision. The shouting of “U-S-A” followed each outburst, a response that Tweeter robport suggested might have been coordinated:

RT @robport: ND delegate just texted me saying they were instructed to chant “USA” to drown out dissent. #RNCpowergrab

“Point of order! Seat them now! We’ve been robbed!” Paul supporters shouted.

Two members of the Texas delegation are chanting “Point of order” repeatedly.

More members of the Texas delegation now joining in

www.theblaze.com...
edit on 29-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I shudder. It reminded me of those terribly dysfunctional Christmases with my terribly dysfunctional (ex)in-laws.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
Thank you for posting...They were shouting something else too, but I can't make it out. They certainly are an angry looking bunch! Can anyone else tell what they are shouting?

They were shouting "get them out" as in get the immigrants out.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hill Billies

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Here's some interesting footage of a parade...just to balance things out a bit

edit on 30-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
After viewing the video more it does appear to be a shouting match between Ron Paul people and Romney supporters.

It was bad timing and just like all the other Hatefest threads made against the RNC it is becoming a disgusting display of people trying desperately to condemn and ridicule Republicans.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
USA! USA! USA! USA!

USA! USA! USA! USA!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Like Jack Hitt suggests in his Harper's article; it may have started as a shouting match between RP supporters and Texan delegates, but morphed into some nativist chanting of U.S.A.! U.S.A.! Exactly who it's target was...

I also would have a hard time believing that the chanting, which started with the Texas delegates, would take that much umbrage with Ron Paul supporters - Ron Paul being FROM Texas.

Of course you do, because you along with others in the forum are desperate to make all these things out to be racist Republicans. May the God of Honesty peer over your shoulder.
edit on 30-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Outkast: You finally see the issue now?? This is nothing new. But kuddos to you seeing how the system is a scam. Even in the Democratic primary when Obama was elected. There are some counts that Hillary actually won that but when she actually went there it turned around.

A funny world we live in, but the world we live in is full of hatred and greed.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
Thank you for posting...They were shouting something else too, but I can't make it out. They certainly are an angry looking bunch! Can anyone else tell what they are shouting?

They were shouting "get them out" as in get the immigrants out.

Where was all this racism and angry shouting when Susannah Martinez spoke? This stuff is all just a ruse by the media to discredit the Republicans and you fell for it(likely because you think this way to begin with).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join